tabletennis11.com

Sprungfeder 388A-2 ITTF approval info

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sprungfeder 388A-2 ITTF approval info
    Posted: 07/16/2006 at 11:05pm

As some of you know, this rubber was omitted from the current ITTF approved list. I finally got some information from Dawei regarding this:

Dawei told me the ITTF found a problem with the thickness of the topsheet, exactly which part I don't know. Anyway the ITTF asked them to fix it and submit another sample, but Dawei was unable to do this in time for the current approved rubber list.

Dawei assures me that it will be back on the next ITTF list (due in october 06, for jan-jun 07). This is good news for players like myself who love this rubber.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Sponsored Links

azrin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azrin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2006 at 2:21am
now this sounds tricky....are all the current 388A-2 that are being sold cannot be used in competition...or are they simply being KIV for the moment or after dawei forward their new sample only that the one's sold earlier can be used legally...
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2006 at 2:30am

Well, as long as 388a-4/2 is legal, that's all the topsheet says anyway right?

All the chinese companies are doing this.  15 million rubbers under one name so they can make additions without having to buy a new mold or pay fees every time they decide to tinker with something.  There's like 30 different cj8000 rubbers.  how many are actually on the list?

Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2006 at 2:32am
By the way hagis, what kind of sprungfeder cover is that?  Oh, no wait.  That's your avitar...never mind.  It's a galaxy rubber.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic