Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

serve suggestion or tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bobpuls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobpuls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: serve suggestion or tips
    Posted: 09/09/2015 at 12:35am
Hi i`m new here and i want to ask for your opinion about my short backspin serve.
And also i have read in the thread: Yoshimura Serve Techniques some info about illegal serves. it this serve from my ok ? 
The serve is still in construction , still big margins of errors made ... but in general i feel ok about it .
The point is to have "fast" short bacspin serve with minimal two bounces at the oponent side of table.
Thanks Robert

Custom carbon/aramid off FH DHS H8 BH DHS TG 3-60
Custom carbon off++ FH DHS TG2 BS BH DHS TG3-60 National

Sponsored Links

mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2015 at 12:44am
I like your serve.  It looks good now and with practice will get much better.
808ponger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 808ponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2015 at 12:50am
Hi
I'm only a low level player myself so my tip is to invest in a ball collection net and more balls!

You have a nice venue to practice - is it a bar or restaurant?
BTY Harimoto Stiga DNA M
Bobpuls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobpuls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2015 at 12:54am
Hi 
120 balls are  already on the way to me ;-)
And it is a bar .... ;-) near my home.

Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2015 at 1:06am
Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

I like your serve.  It looks good now and with practice will get much better.
x2, it looks good; just once in a while the bounces are little high LOL LOL
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2015 at 1:44am
Perhaps this video could be of use for you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiEcqpDBiFc
Bobpuls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobpuls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2015 at 1:58am
Yes...... this is somethink i`m looking for .... but little bit faster .... i does not need to stay on the table... like ghost serve. I need it to look like fast serve. so it will confuse the oponent. this serves are only for show.
In real match it is looking diferent.
Like this one:

Bobpuls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobpuls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2015 at 4:38pm
I just played in the club with multiple players to test the serve... And it is in real test absolutely different. I have hardly played two bounce serve ,and the height of the serve was double. Just Horrible.
I have to do more trainings.......

Hopper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2015 at 5:49am
Very recognizable Bobpuls.

About a year ago I started to train a FH pendulum service for a couple of trainingsessions during summertime. After the summerbreak I applied this service in competition matchplay and O horror, O horror....
Half the season I ended up serving straight into the net or overshooting without even hitting the table (arm stiffened up too much). It was only in the second half of the season that I saw something back in the quality of service but definitely not the same quality as during training.

I decided that it was OK for then and moved on to other training areas, untill recently when I picked up training on services again. Same story but now on a higher level. Service quality during training is quite good and although it stays behind in competition, it's better then before (more spin). Service motion is so different from daily life and other table tennis motions, that your body/mind simply needs time to get adjusted to these kind of movements. Match stress doesn't help either, so the movement needs to become natural, which takes time.

Just hang in and keep on spending time on service training. Good thing is that you can actually do this at home as well, as a kind of shadow training but with ball.

Table tennis training and progress has a cyclic nature in which you make small steps at a time and simply need patience before you break thru to the "Next Level".
Butterfly Timo Boll ALC
Donic Bluefire JP02 (2.0 - Forehand)
Donic Bluefire JP02 (2.0 - Backhand)
Hopper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2015 at 5:53am
One more thing.

Please find here a link to an article from Gregg Lets in which he covers the question of how much time it takes to learn a new service.
It's a pity that he apparently never fully finalized this experiment but nevertheless it's an interesting read.

Gregg Letts Service Experiment

If I scale his effort to my weekly trainingroutine of 200 service trainingballs per single type of service, it would take me roughly 1/2 a year to conduct the same amount of training as Gregg did. Realizing Gregg didn't really end up with a "bread and butter" type of service that he could use for matchplay (though realize Gregg's level is very high, at least compared to me) you get the message that service training should simply be a constant part of your training regime (which is exactly what the Pro's do!).

Edited by Hopper - 09/23/2015 at 6:15am
Butterfly Timo Boll ALC
Bobpuls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobpuls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2015 at 10:09am
O thanks .... so it is natural ...
good to read this ....thank you man 
I will continue ... already is a little bit better when i playing with players i already now ... 
But with strangers it is still bad..... 
But i will pushing .. nothing to lose. ;-)

Thanks once more

Hopper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2015 at 10:19am
Quote But i will pushing .. nothing to lose.

Exactly !

And if you realize that most of your competitors never spend a minute on service training, you'll have an advantage in no time!

Success
Butterfly Timo Boll ALC
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2015 at 11:32am
The technique needs improvement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V553uldm29w
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic