Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Review: Tibhar Stratus Samsonov CB

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
danjacob02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2016 at 6:33pm
I see, I still have an extra tibhar super grip tape here, I'll see if I have to put one on the sscb. I put the other one on my korbel black tag
Sponsored Links

DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2016 at 10:33am
wish the FL handle was thicker in the middle (hence the black tape)...
... and wish the ST one i have was lighter... Cry cant have everything

Edited by DreiZ - 10/23/2016 at 2:29pm
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2016 at 5:54pm
This blade actually looks really nice and the speed would benefit my game a lot Pinch Don't put me in EJ mode man, happy with my korbel atm...
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2016 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

This blade actually looks really nice and the speed would benefit my game a lot Pinch Don't put me in EJ mode man, happy with my korbel atm...

I dont think there would be much speed difference between Korbel and SSCB. Maybe less vibrations/more stiffness with SSCB but overall feel should be very similar because of outer limba ply.

dont give up your ST korbel!

I had a JTTA version ST korbel way back and that handle was the best... sadly, i broke it out of frustration :(

I recently tried a custom-made JTTA ST korbel with tenergy and it was pretty good. Dont know the weight but the speed was plenty.

Im actually considering to upgrade again because of EJ virus... but i know i shouldnt. Looking at Viscaria/TB ALC alternatives such as Donic OTC, Xiom Stradivarius, etc.... very tempted but im going to stick it out with these bad boys for at least another year or two.

Edited by DreiZ - 10/23/2016 at 9:26pm
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2016 at 4:28am
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

I dont think there would be much speed difference between Korbel and SSCB. Maybe less vibrations/more stiffness with SSCB but overall feel should be very similar because of outer limba ply.

dont give up your ST korbel!

I had a JTTA version ST korbel way back and that handle was the best... sadly, i broke it out of frustration :(

I recently tried a custom-made JTTA ST korbel with tenergy and it was pretty good. Dont know the weight but the speed was plenty.

Im actually considering to upgrade again because of EJ virus... but i know i shouldnt. Looking at Viscaria/TB ALC alternatives such as Donic OTC, Xiom Stradivarius, etc.... very tempted but im going to stick it out with these bad boys for at least another year or two.
Viscaria is definitely a good blade, and the composition is tried and true. Koto is a completely different beast though, which is why I stuck with limba outer blades after trying TB ALC on and off for a year. Maybe test out a club mates TBS or something, then you and gauge whether you like the koto outer or not Tongue
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2017 at 4:49pm
And the trio is complete...

Decided not to upgrade to something faster and stick with the familiar feel but purchased an anatomical SSCB 81g. Flared handle is simply too thin for my large hands and I'm tired of using the wraps and grips that mess around with the feel for me.

Weights:
FL 79g
AN 81g
ST 87g

FL feels more head heavy than other handles. ST is rounded and flat but not squared. The AN feels the most comfortable. Definitely feels wider/bigger than the recently returned Donic Ovtcharov True Carbon AN. The end of the AN handle is as wide as the flared SSCB which was not the same of the DOTC. 

Going to be trying it with ELS 2.2mm both sides. I'll probably make a For Sale post for the FL SSCB since i don't need a backup anymore, and ST is still up for sale if anyone is interested.

Still a great offensive blade for under $100 on the market today. 
danjacob02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjacob02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2017 at 5:02pm
@DreiZ

how you doin? How's the Stratus Samsonov CB vs the DOTC? And how different in performance is your 79FL to your 87ST?
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2017 at 2:38pm

Hi,
Unfortunately I sold the SSCBs here. From what I remember I liked the 79g more because 87 felt much more head heavy with heavy rubbers like MXP, but 81g anatomical was my favorite out of the three because of the handle. Never got to try the DOTC, returned it because the handle was too small for me.

Edited by DreiZ - 12/17/2017 at 2:41pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic