Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Timeout Liu GL talks to Xu Xin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rosecitytt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosecitytt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Timeout Liu GL talks to Xu Xin
    Posted: 03/10/2016 at 4:20pm
This video is loud enough, finally figured out most 90% what Liu GL says to Xu Xin, at the recent tournament, where Mizutani was performing well, and Coach Liu GL was nervous, called Timeout at game 2 point 6:8,
I thought interesting, because i never really care what Liu GL says, but this is very early in the match!
Hope this translation is useful somehow.

Edited by rosecitytt - 03/10/2016 at 4:21pm
Sponsored Links

smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2016 at 5:03pm
Thank you always good to hear what coaches say
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2016 at 6:03pm
I translated it slightly differently

Liu - Quit fooling around.  You know we have dinner reservations at 8:00.  That maître-d' always gives you a bad table if you are late.

Xu - Sorry coach, I forgot.  You are going to get the extra order of pot-stickers, right.

Liu- Pot-stickers!  Pot-stickers!.  Is that all you ever think about.  Just hit the forehand past him for a change. 

Liu (as Xu walks away) -  Alright. Finish him in 3 and you get the extra pot stickers.

Xu - Oh my god. Oh my god.  Got to win this game or no pot stickers. 

Yes, even the greats can get nervous under that kind of pressure

Mark

piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2016 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by mjamja mjamja wrote:

Liu - Quit fooling around.  You know we have dinner reservations at 8:00.  That maître-d' always gives you a bad table if you are late.

Xu - Sorry coach, I forgot.  You are going to get the extra order of pot-stickers, right.

Liu- Pot-stickers!  Pot-stickers!.  Is that all you ever think about.  Just hit the forehand past him for a change. 

Liu (as Xu walks away) -  Alright. Finish him in 3 and you get the extra pot stickers.

Mark

jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2016 at 12:20am
What was the reason for blurring the video so much?
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosecitytt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2016 at 7:58am
(To mjamja):
Your translation is much better!! Because eating dinner together and with good mood while eating is important for Chinese.  You can imagine if Xu lost, what kind of dinner will that be.
But I see Coach is really serious, he talked so much, the funny thing is that Xu Xin lost next 2 points, must be gut wrenching for the coach! (Pot sticker! ouch)

Edited by rosecitytt - 03/11/2016 at 7:59am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rosecitytt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2016 at 8:04am
Just trying to cover some advertiser logo, so to focus on the topic, the purpose of this video is Coach Talk, and I guess our video skill is not very good, sorry.
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2016 at 10:53am
No wonder XX lost 2 pts right after the timeout - he must still be thinking about the pot stickers!

Mark

roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2016 at 3:49pm
That's silly.  Pot stickers are equivalent to hot dogs in China.  The CNT members are fed with gourmet food only.  They only eat the best stuff.

Current USATT Rating: 2181
Argentina National Team Member, 1985-1986.
Current Club: Los Angeles Table Tennis Association.
My Setup: Yinhe Q1 / T64 2.1 black / Saviga V 0.5mm red

mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2016 at 4:12pm
But what they never let you have, can be the one thing you crave the most.

Or maybe it is just "comfort food" from his childhood.

But yes, it certainly was silly !!!

Mark - Chinese language and culture expert - NOT !
berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2016 at 8:11pm

Mark

Ha!  Given that kind of pressure, no wonder guys like Xu come close to nervous breakdowns.  Are pot stickers anything like the gold stars I used to get if I played all the notes right at a piano lesson?
bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosecitytt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2016 at 8:56pm
Yes, funny you mentioned Gold. In special occasions like Chinese New Year, there are actual gold coins inside some Pot Sticker/dumplings(水餃,蒸餃, 鍋貼), and the lucky persons will discover them while they eat.  This is an actual tradition in many parts of China/Taiwan/HongKong.
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2016 at 10:10am
IMPROPER ADVICE.

Coach Liu Goliang does not much care about all the audience that now gathered in front of tv screen all around the world. A spectator crowd 10 000 000 or so.

Not much grace of Liu.
He unreasonably persuaded XuXin from making a good show to please spectators.
So harsh of Liu, his instructiion is not humanism , some a cruelty.

Players MUST always try everything to better entertain the crowd present. Public pay money, public wamt a good show in plenty, "sweat, blood, tiers."   Sport is a bloody theatre, to put it uprigh.

Dear Coach Liu,
I have to express my deep grievance, you give XuXin a baneful advice.

Edited by igorponger - 03/12/2016 at 10:29am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosecitytt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2016 at 5:17pm
But then again, think in the shoes of Liu GL, he has a boss to answer to, and this is not private club, it is National team. You can not blame if he get fuzzy.

Edited by rosecitytt - 03/12/2016 at 9:19pm
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2016 at 5:51pm
Igorponger not one will remember on how entertaining the winner was, we just look at the winners name and forget the rest, it was great coaching in that game and Liu GL seems to be always bring out the best in his players with commonsense and belief
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2016 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

IMPROPER ADVICE.

Coach Liu Goliang does not much care about all the audience that now gathered in front of tv screen all around the world. A spectator crowd 10 000 000 or so.

Not much grace of Liu.
He unreasonably persuaded XuXin from making a good show to please spectators.
So harsh of Liu, his instructiion is not humanism , some a cruelty.

Players MUST always try everything to better entertain the crowd present. Public pay money, public wamt a good show in plenty, "sweat, blood, tiers."   Sport is a bloody theatre, to put it uprigh.

Dear Coach Liu,
I have to express my deep grievance, you give XuXin a baneful advice.

Just staaahhhhhhhhp. 

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2016 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

[
Just staaahhhhhhhhp.

Are you actually talking to this ... <cough> ... troll? Did you ever see him actually answer any reasonable question or get into a discussion?

Just staaa... oh sheesh it's contagious. I mean, just stop talking to him. Big smile
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Aforoazuzv View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aforoazuzv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2017 at 2:56am
Sport is a bloody theatre, to put it uprigh.

Edited by Aforoazuzv - 08/16/2017 at 2:56am
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2017 at 9:59am
I wonder what the hell they put in vodka in Russia these days.  Whatever it is, clearly it cannot be good for you.

My guess is that at some point they had searches to get Russians to troll western websites.  The people with the highest skills  were ordered to troll important and influential websites.  Maybe CNN or things like that. 

The ones at the bottom of the barrel were sent to troll here.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic