Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Joola Air

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bob-Marelli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob-Marelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Joola Air
    Posted: 08/17/2006 at 2:36pm

please, anybody here already used Joola Air, is it good?

Andro Kinetic All
Fore Tackifire drive 2.1, Back Tackifire drive 2.1.
Sponsored Links

Hookshot View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hookshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2006 at 3:43pm
Hi Bob,
     I use Joola Rosnet Air. I have two identical bats, ary/car, with air on one glued heavy. The other is Hammond Alpha pro, no glue.
     Even though Joola says FAST, it is not as fast as hammond. Even glued it is not as fast as Hammond unglued. It is faster than the Juic 999 series.
     I like both Joola and Pro A because they both play with the same throw angle. If I am feeling sharp, I use the Pro A.  Both are Low Throw rubbers.
     I have better touch with these than the sticky or real spinny rubbers like Geo spin especially on spin loaded slow balls.
     Rosnet Air will loop well. No trouble blocking real hard shots and loops, I think the low throw helps there.
     My thoughts on Rosnet Air, hope it helps.
                                                                Jerry
joey5867 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joey5867 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2006 at 11:32pm
Soft and fast rubber, very light, good spin.  Low throw angle but not so much like BTY Tempest or JUIC Scramble.  I used it in 2.0 and it has good control and great speed glue effect, the spin is enhanced but the speed is really improved when speed glued.  I don't know if it was the speed glue I used.
BLD: NITTAKU Sanalion S
FH: DONIC Sonex JP 2.0
BH: DONIC Sonex JP 2.0
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2006 at 3:24pm

Originally posted by Hookshot Hookshot wrote:

Hi Bob,
     I use Joola Rosnet Air. I have two identical bats, ary/car, with air on one glued heavy. The other is Hammond Alpha pro, no glue.
     Even though Joola says FAST, it is not as fast as hammond. Even glued it is not as fast as Hammond unglued. It is faster than the Juic 999 series.
     I like both Joola and Pro A because they both play with the same throw angle. If I am feeling sharp, I use the Pro A.  Both are Low Throw rubbers.
     I have better touch with these than the sticky or real spinny rubbers like Geo spin especially on spin loaded slow balls.
     Rosnet Air will loop well. No trouble blocking real hard shots and loops, I think the low throw helps there.
     My thoughts on Rosnet Air, hope it helps.
                                                                Jerry

i just got it the other day and i've been playing with it for 2 days now and up till now i've been playing with hammond pro alpha.  i totally agree with jerry.  it's definitely slower and, i would add, lighter than pro alpha, for sure.

for the past 3 months i've been playing w/the joola mc 1 blade and pro alpha and i've noticed i've totally lost my short game and short serves, whereas with this air rosnet i've finding the drop shots are landing in now.  since the mc1 is such a fast blade, it would probably do me some good to play with a slower rubber.  

anyway, 2 days is not enough time for comparison, so we'll see how this works out as i play with it more... 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic