Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tomokazu Harimoto's FH and BH Drives

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mickd View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mickd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tomokazu Harimoto's FH and BH Drives
    Posted: 03/21/2017 at 2:44am
I found these videos while browsing YouTube and thought they were very clear.

You can access all 8 videos in the series from the playlist below:

Enjoy!
Sponsored Links

acecrackers View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acecrackers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2017 at 3:56am
Am I the only one that thinks he is leaning too far back on almost all of his shots? Seems off balance and poor use of his legs for power.
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2017 at 5:17am
Originally posted by acecrackers acecrackers wrote:

Am I the only one that thinks he is leaning too far back on almost all of his shots? Seems off balance and poor use of his legs for power.

I think this was filmed when he was even younger. Many shorter and BH dominant players do that, see Liu Shiwen, Koki Niwa as examples, if they bent forward too much it would be harder to switch to their BH (which require a relatively higher centre of gravity). 

-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2017 at 7:39am
thanks. very nice
Coppa2000 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coppa2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2017 at 5:14pm
So talanted! I really hope he will keep practice hard and challange all the chinese top players in some years.
Coppa2000 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coppa2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2017 at 5:15pm
Which blade is he using?
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2017 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by Coppa2000 Coppa2000 wrote:

Which blade is he using?

It's a custom ALC blade with Zhang Jike Super ZLC handle. He also uses Tenergy 05 and Tenergy 05FX rubbers.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
mickd View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2017 at 7:46pm
I liked the videos because they were clear with various camera angles, and slow motion!

I feel like the way he hits the ball is 'more achievable', especially for us mortals. Maybe it's because he's still very young and lacks the power that the top players have.

I noticed on the videos it had the "takkyuu report" logo. I buy their magazines here in Japan sometimes, and every issue they have pictures of various pros doing various shots, kind of like in the above video, but only still frame shots. I wonder if they have videos like this with every issue. That would be a GREAT resource for sure.
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2017 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

Originally posted by Coppa2000 Coppa2000 wrote:

Which blade is he using?

It's a custom ALC blade with Zhang Jike Super ZLC handle. He also uses Tenergy 05 and Tenergy 05FX rubbers.

its not right. he use Butterfly Custom (ZL Fiber), Tenergy 80 and 05FX
http://butterflyonline.com/players/tomokazu-harimoto/
balldance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balldance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2017 at 4:42am
thanks. the videos are great. I like Harimoto's backhand drive a lot, will try to copy something from his technique.
mickd View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2017 at 8:02pm
Yeah, I first saw the backhand drive video, and found the rest from there. When I see FZD and ML do their backhand drives, it just looks impossible to copy. But with the younger kids, and some female players, they look more inline with something I could possibly achieve.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic