FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Donic Bluefire Big Slam - comparison?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Donic Bluefire Big Slam - comparison?
    Posted: 03/27/2017 at 7:31am
Hello friends,

I'll be thankful if a comparison is available for this new model Donic rubber - BF Big Slam.
I am interested also in Desto F4 and Desto F1 Plus.
Last summer I used to play with BF M1 Turbo on my BH, I think the speed from this rubber is ok for me, it was slower than Tenergy 05, both rubbers were in max thickness.
I would like to replace BFM1Turbo with softer and probably slightly faster rubber, which one will be okay for my purpose?
Looking to have your advice soon Smile
Thank you in advance!
Sponsored Links

GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2017 at 8:55pm
"I would like to replace BFM1Turbo with softer and probably slightly faster rubber, which one will be okay for my purpose?"
"I would like to replace BFM1Turbo with softer and probably slightly faster rubber"
"replace BFM1Turbo with softer and probably slightly faster"
"softer and probably slightly faster"

... pick one

But to give a serious answer Bluefire Big Slam is both significantly softer and significantly slower than M1 Turbo is.

Was Tenergy 05 not softer? Maybe Tenergy 64 is something you might like?
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
Purett View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2017 at 9:55pm
did you try donic vario big slam
rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2017 at 5:18am
Originally posted by GeneralSpecific GeneralSpecific wrote:

"I would like to replace BFM1Turbo with softer and probably slightly faster rubber, which one will be okay for my purpose?"
"I would like to replace BFM1Turbo with softer and probably slightly faster rubber"
"replace BFM1Turbo with softer and probably slightly faster"
"softer and probably slightly faster"

... pick one

But to give a serious answer Bluefire Big Slam is both significantly softer and significantly slower than M1 Turbo is.

Was Tenergy 05 not softer? Maybe Tenergy 64 is something you might like?

I meant BFM1turbo has not so big catapult effect as T05, in the same time it is more harder than I need.
I just asked about the quality of the new generation and last models donic rubbers, if is possible someone to make comparison - I will be thankful.
T64 is not any option for my backhand...I don't need higher throw rubber than T05 on the bh.
Just slightly faster, slightly softer than BFM1Turbo.
If another rubber could be ok - you could share your opinion...
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2017 at 1:29pm
Tenergy 64 has a lower throw than 05

Anyway, you might want to consider Xiom Sigma 2 Euro. It's quite fast and makes a great backhand rubber.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2017 at 7:12pm
Thanks Gen.Spec. for your opinion.
Donic rubbers ....I will refuse testing after I noticed the points posted by manufacturer.
I don't think M1 Turbo is some TURBO for real, but instead. Hard, Heavy and Spiny rubber, appropriate for players looking to play at closer distance.
Seems a real upgrade for this model rubber is not available for now.
But I received Rasanter 47 and today tested it for 20min and I am extremely disappointed of this rubber.
It has solid feeling (48grams with shape 158-153), but something is missed with this this rubber. I have STIGA Airoc max black on my forehand and just used to play today with this new Rasanter 47 rubber on my backhand, but I will definitely go for another rubber.
I can't say I felt very secured myself with this rubber too. I expected more lively rubber, with good jump, I expected to be more bouncy, but this Rasanter 47 is more allround rubber and needs more shoulder power, nothing even close to T64/05, for example. The standard and original rubber rasant is probably better rubber for players looking for power offensive game. This rubber rasanter 47 has low throw and it is really hard to play with it for me.
Another problem is the weight - all the paddle gone 196 grams with my 92 grams blade Hadraw SR.
Not sure which rubber I will try, but Rasanter 47 will go for sale for sure. Could be better for use with carbon blades, but I am in love with my Hadraw SR...
Any ideas more ?!

Edited by kolevtt - 04/01/2017 at 9:51am
Jasonh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2017 at 8:50pm
Hummm...
Sounds like Rasanter 47 is closer to a Japanese rubber than a German rubber?
Fly away!
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2017 at 10:01am
Yes, rasanter 47 is not so much bouncy rubber, but I think it is more specific to play with it, specially for me. Nor for fh or bh, Stiga Airoc M has much more predictable trajectory and easy to estimate my movements, while with rasanter47 I felt myself in a trouble by all the points connected with estimation...Another player around my level tested it and found it hard to play with it too, the ball is going very low, not so slow, but it has lower jump than most of the well known german tensors. Looking for lower weight and good speed with high jump I will go probably for MX-P with 2.0mm or rubber close to that one as speed and feeling.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2017 at 10:38am
Originally posted by kolevtt kolevtt wrote:

Yes, rasanter 47 is not so much bouncy rubber, but I think it is more specific to play with it, specially for me. Nor for fh or bh, Stiga Airoc M has much more predictable trajectory and easy to estimate my movements, while with rasanter47 I felt myself in a trouble by all the points connected with estimation...Another player around my level tested it and found it hard to play with it too, the ball is going very low, not so slow, but it has lower jump than most of the well known german tensors. Looking for lower weight and good speed with high jump I will go probably for MX-P with 2.0mm or rubber close to that one as speed and feeling.

Most of the ESN rubbers released in recent years have become low-bounce, especially the harder-sponged ones.  Makes them more linear and predictable, so this is a plus for me, and using MX-P (or the original Mk 1 Rasant) is a pain for me now.  It all comes down to expectations and what you need from your equipment though.  If you like massive catapult out of the packet, you're better off with the older ones now.

It does make me wonder about the pros who use ESN.  Many still use the older, factory TRF boosted ones like MX-P and Bluefire M1.  For the newer ESN rubbers, perhaps they're designed to be in a lower state of tune and they leave it up to the user to decide what to do?  Whatever - I find them much easier to use for a mortal like me.
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2017 at 6:00pm
Well, Andy I can agree with you, because your needs are different then mine and you have explained it clearly.
Yes, MX-P and M1, these are probably the best after Tenergy as skills, may be and some Xiom rubbers like IV Pro...
Seems new ESN rubbers are going to follow new standards - back to the future of the elder generation rubbers before Tenergy.
Today's game is built mostly over the high jump possibilities of the new rubbers, I mean the professional players. I will be more than surprised to see pro player using rasanter 47, this will be kind of joke, or probably someone who is looking to block and cut the ball on bh could be interested. Even Tibhar Aurus or Genius rubbers I will prefer much more than this "new" technology by Andro...

Edited by kolevtt - 04/01/2017 at 6:02pm
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2017 at 6:29pm
I bet you tried the R47? Care to try also the V47? R for rotation, V for velocity. Wrong pick there.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2017 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by kolevtt kolevtt wrote:

Well, Andy I can agree with you, because your needs are different then mine and you have explained it clearly.
Yes, MX-P and M1, these are probably the best after Tenergy as skills, may be and some Xiom rubbers like IV Pro...
Seems new ESN rubbers are going to follow new standards - back to the future of the elder generation rubbers before Tenergy.
Today's game is built mostly over the high jump possibilities of the new rubbers, I mean the professional players. I will be more than surprised to see pro player using rasanter 47, this will be kind of joke, or probably someone who is looking to block and cut the ball on bh could be interested. Even Tibhar Aurus or Genius rubbers I will prefer much more than this "new" technology by Andro...

We have seen someone using V47 in the recent German Champs (Nadine Bollmeier), but it's early days for Rasanter.  Going through the gallery of player's bats there are a good selection of MX-P. Rhyzm-P, Victas V-15, Rasant Grip.  So the adoption at the high level (if not the very highest) of more recent ESN types is there.  But who knows if they're boosting these rubbers?
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2017 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

I bet you tried the R47? Care to try also the V47? R for rotation, V for velocity. Wrong pick there.

I was wondering which one to get and decided to buy that one :

kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2017 at 12:15pm
I definitely can't play with this rubber, but I found it is good for chopping from distance. That's why I posted my experience here - this rubber is probably made for allrounders who are looking to play from shoulder mostly, this rubber has good speed, but lower throw than standard rasant rubber or mx-p. Today's players are playing with more shorter, but powerful and precise strokes, no time for rubbers like Rasanter 47 at professional level. Yeah, probably for some girl looking to push and block over the table could be acceptable or some chopper looking for single shots with all the power. Nothing else about this rubber...I lost my time only, but hope my wrong experience to be useful for the members here. I have Matsushita Pro model 93 grams with metal logo and I could make test to confirm my thoughts next week, but sad thing here is the rubber is already cut about the size of my bty hadraw SR blade. No matter of that I will make the test and I will give a feedback again...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic