Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Aurus prime and Aurus Select out in the summer?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Aurus prime and Aurus Select out in the summer?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
ohwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2017 at 9:38am
Originally posted by BaiMile BaiMile wrote:

Short comparison of Prime and Vega Pro:
After several weeks of experimenting I'm a little bit confused by the properties of the two rubbers. I put Prime on the FH and Vega Pro had been my BH rubber for a while. Initially I had problems with my FH, because I used to play with Chinese rubbers on my FH, but now I'm used to the rubber.
Vega pro has stronger earlier catapult than Aurus Prime. The top-sheet is firmer and has better grip on brushing. I,m not sure weather the harder feeling is due to the thinner sponge (2.0mm vs 2.3mm) of the Vega or thicker topsheet. When hitting hard, Prime has more catapult than Vega and i think the ball jump faster on the other side of the table. When brushing, Vega bites more with the topsheet. Witht Prime, I have to engage the sponge more and the result is the same. When hitting, I cant say the throw of the vega is Higher. Strange. 
I'm not sure which one I like more. If the sponge thickness of the Vega was max, the comparison would be more accurate. For now I'm gonna play with Prime on the FH.

Wow, Vega Pro is making these newest gen ESN rubbers sweat!

It’s interesting that you find the Vega pro’s early catapult stronger. Does it feel bouncier on passive blocks?
Sponsored Links

BaiMile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaiMile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2017 at 2:59pm
Against hard shot Prime is bouncier. But Vega pro is very good rubber, although older generation tensor.
vic#74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic#74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2017 at 12:08am
I've been playing w/Prime for a last month - overall really good rubber but - it has already got visible sings of wearing in the centre of the topsheet....not affecting the play yet but it looks like 4-6 month old tenergy ...makes me worring a little bit about durability of new ESN rubbers with thin topsheets    
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S
BaiMile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaiMile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2017 at 2:49am
I see you are playing EL-S on BH, could you compare it with Prime?
vic#74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic#74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2017 at 4:08am
Originally posted by BaiMile BaiMile wrote:

I see you are playing EL-S on BH, could you compare it with Prime?

Prime is harder, faster, spins the ball better. EL-S - better feeling, control, better grabs a ball.
Honestly, I can't imagine me playing w/Prime on BH. Too fast, too furious. But you are so greatly rewarded with those blasting counterpunches against soft, high arc loops. Priceless.
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2017 at 11:32pm
Any more reviews? I've ordered 4 for this week!
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
BaiMile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaiMile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2017 at 2:38am
Don't worry, you are gonna like it.
Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2019 at 6:28am
Originally posted by mog1111 mog1111 wrote:

I tried aurus select last night on fh on donic wsc (off- carbon blade).
Agree with comments about arc, personally really liked the arc, for me it felt similar to 05fx but not as bouncy.
I liked el-s but did not like what it did when you hit harder, I also felt it was sometimes difficult to use if a bit out of position.
select felt very easy to use. seemed better than el-s when I hit really hard.
not sure about the spin but arc was there, my point is im not sure if it was spin giving it the arc. it felt like that.
I would recommend it to people who want a less bouncy tenergy 05fx, I did not have the 05fx return of serve problems I normally have.
for me it is definitely an improvement on el-s
not as good in short game and serve return but I found it better for driving and looping, somehow a bit easier to use.

I like it enough to try it and im going to get my son to try it too.

been using h3n recently and I found it easy to block with which I thought would be harder than with h3n.
I used in it mega max but would probably try it thinner especially on bh

This definitely suited the blade which is controllable but fairly stiff, it might feel mushy on softer blades.

Hey Mog, 

I like the T05 FX, but I am more of a "ESN team" guy. What I did not like about the 05FX was the spin sensitivity, especially when blocking. 

I did try the FX-S, and really liked it too. But it lacks the top end speed for me to finish the point. 

Do you think the Aurus Select has the control aspects similar to the above? How does it fare in ball placement? If you say it's faster than the EL-S. This all sounds like what I'm looking for! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic