FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

H3Neo hardness for BH

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H3Neo hardness for BH
    Posted: 07/23/2017 at 7:19am
Hi,

What hardness do people prefer with H3N on the BH?
Any other DHS rubbers for the BH?

Thanks
Sponsored Links

Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2017 at 7:58am
TinArc, GoldArc, H3-50, and Skyline 3-60 are popular options for BH due to their softer sponge (around 35-37 degree DHS scale).
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2017 at 8:05am
Originally posted by Hozuki Hozuki wrote:

TinArc, GoldArc, H3-50, and Skyline 3-60 are popular options for BH due to their softer sponge (around 35-37 degree DHS scale).

Skyline 3-60, what is the top sheet grip like?
Does it take booster well?
And how is the weight compared to H3N?
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2017 at 10:24am
I have an unopened sheet here, red in 37 degree, but I don't have the time to try it out for at least a week. What I can tell you is that it's not tacky, quite big pore sponge and weights 66 grams uncut.
It should boost well and be grippy, that's what I heard and partly reason for why I bought it.
Shifu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2017 at 12:01pm
I like Skyline 3-60 a lot on backhand. Grippy but not really tacky and a bit bouncier than H3 Neo.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2017 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Fabian1890 Fabian1890 wrote:

I like Skyline 3-60 a lot on backhand. Grippy but not really tacky and a bit bouncier than H3 Neo.

I have been playing T64 on the BH for a couple of years now and wanted to switch over to H3N, which I have been using forever on my FH. The reason for the switch is that I do not practice as much as I used to.
I am comfortable with the H3N 39 but find it a bit slow for my BH.
What I do like is the topspin rip against pushes, effortless blocks and very well placed BH opening and short game.
However after 2 -3 counters, I find that it does not have enough pace.
I was wondering what would do better, a 37/38 degree H3N (boosted of course) or something like Skyline 3-60.
Of course a well controlled tensor would be good as well.
Shifu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2017 at 1:31pm
I got a 39 degree H3 Neo on my forehand and switched sides and I definitely liked the skyline better, not much bouncier but way easier to play because of the sponge with the shorter BH stroke and banana flick. Also easier for blocking.
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2017 at 3:13pm
if you are going to boost, no need to spend the extra money on H3Neo.

You can try Palio CJ8000 in 36-38 or even 40 (Japanese or Chinese sponge).

For the price of one H3 Neo, you can find 2-3 Palio...

Similar weight, a little faster, still tacky enough for short game and BH service.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2017 at 5:22pm
37d provincial neo works well.  I used it last season boosted for NCTTA on my rpb and it worked great even with the crappy double fish 40+ ball.  It is not as mushy as the TG3-60, feels much more stable to open and flip with on the BH, and gives you a little help in safety and spin on shorter strokes compared the regular 39d.  

The best part of it though is that the 37d H3neo gives you a lot of gears on blocking and countering - you can soft block for a shallow return easily because of the less dense and not very bouncy sponge, or you can punch through the ball without fear of the ball flying out since the sponge is not super elastic like tenergy, or you can close and snap for a VERY fast counter-rip thanks to the tackiness of the topsheet.  

It's a really dynamic option, but I stopped using it myself because I didn't want to have to deal with re-boosting both sides of my racket all the time.  Ouch  One side is already enough of a hassle, but if the time commitment is no object to you, go for it!

Edited by schen - 07/24/2017 at 5:23pm
Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3
onehander View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2017 at 6:21pm
Hi schen, 

For your forehand, what are you currently boosting your H3neo with, and how many layers?
Or would you recommend instead pre-boosted rubber like Haifu Whale 3 or Dianchi D?

Thanks!

Edited by onehander - 07/24/2017 at 6:22pm
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2017 at 6:43pm
I was using Haifu Black Oil for a while (prott.vip has it now - previously bought from taobao), but stopped since it is too expensive and tedious to keep buying from overseas since they can only ship liquids by snail mail (takes 1-2 months to arrive, no tracking) instead of DHL.  I will wait until ttnpp hopefully catches on and stocks it like they did with Kailin after a while, as HK post is much quicker from my experience lately.

I've been mixing boosters lately - Haifu Seamoon for added pace, spin, and high throw with Kailin for added softness and feel.  I mix them in a separate bottle in equal parts before applying 4 layers.

While I think there still isn't anything that can beat a boosted h3neo, I've been trying to move away from chinese rubber at Stellan's advice.  I've also had less and less time to devote to training, and consequently my form has been suffering.  I did not like any Haifu rubber I've tried so far, and I have not tried the new Dianchi rubber yet so I can't comment on those.  I may just go down a hardness degree in hurricane to make my life a bit easier instead if I can't find anything else that's suitable.

Edited by schen - 07/24/2017 at 6:44pm
Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3
codewarrior View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote codewarrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2017 at 7:29pm
I would recommend Skyline 3-60, 35° for backhand.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2017 at 12:29am
I have tried the Skyline 3-60, mid-hard. It is a bit mushy for me. I am used to harder, more direct rubbers.
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2017 at 7:56am
Then your only other option with dhs is goldarc, it goes up to 50 degree hardness (esn scale).
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2017 at 9:14am

Then your only other option with dhs is goldarc, it goes up to 50 degree hardness (esn scale).

50 would probably be too much, I was hoping someone who had played with GOLDARC 47.5 could pitch in.
If not, I would probably buy Rozena or R42 or V47 and be done with it.
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2017 at 9:27am
Just curious, since overseas version does not provide exact labeling, what did your TG3-60 mid-hard feel like in terms of hardness? Domestic market version comes in 35 and 37 deg, so does mid-hard equal 37?
Just in case I ever want to restock from my local supplier.
Chairman Meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chairman Meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2017 at 9:34am
Originally posted by ashishsharmaait ashishsharmaait wrote:

50 would probably be too much, I was hoping someone who had played with GOLDARC 47.5 could pitch in.
If not, I would probably buy Rozena or R42 or V47 and be done with it.

I played with it. It is like Nittaku Fastarc P-1, it is very bouncy and fast, with decent spin.
-1 ply Cypress 11.5mm "The Castigator"
-H3 Prov. Blue Sponge 2.2mm 41 deg.
-H3 Prov. Orange Sponge 2.1mm 37 deg
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2017 at 10:35am

Just curious, since overseas version does not provide exact labeling, what did your TG3-60 mid-hard feel like in terms of hardness? Domestic market version comes in 35 and 37 deg, so does mid-hard equal 37?
Just in case I ever want to restock from my local supplier.

I had 2 versions, one from tt11 and another from a shop in Beijing shi.
The tt11 one was mid-hard and the other was marked at 37. Both played the same.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2017 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Chairman Meow Chairman Meow wrote:

I played with it. It is like Nittaku Fastarc P-1, it is very bouncy and fast, with decent spin.

How is the speed/spin compared to T64 or T05? How is the surface grip and more importantly the weight of the 47.5 hardness version?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chairman Meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2017 at 12:21pm
I am not sure, I only used it for about 20 minutes on a friend's racket. I can comment on Fastarc P-1 though. It is light, but don't use that as an objective measure. I think everything is light. It is, I think, a bit faster than T05 and T64, with less 'easy spin'. But, if you work for the spin, you will get lots. Not as much as T05, but perhaps as much as T64. I can't comment on surface grip, I don't exactly remember how it was (I used it a while ago). All I know is when I picked up GA8 I thought 'wow, this looks exactly like Fastarc P-1".

You are better off asking others for comparison, I have barely used Tenergy.
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2017 at 6:44pm
Which H3 orange sponge #22 is the softest? 37°? And the hardest? 41°?
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chairman Meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2017 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

Which H3 orange sponge #22 is the softest? 37°? And the hardest? 41°?

Yes, as far as I know.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic