FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

timo boll spirit vs m. maze

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
crizKyr729 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crizKyr729 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: timo boll spirit vs m. maze
    Posted: 09/18/2006 at 11:16am
i've heard alot of negative comments about m. maze blade, is this true??? i have a TBS blade but i'm planning to get maze blade coz i saw at btyonline that it has more control than TBS, comments any1???
Sponsored Links

Figueiredo View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Figueiredo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2006 at 11:42am
Very similar blades... Outer plies is the only diference. Maze blade is less explosive and therefore more controlable due to softer outer ply. Also weight is diferent making Maze (lightest) better for close to the table compact stokes and Boll Spirit better for mid distance rallies.
Left-Handed (Spin play from both wings, close/mid distance from table)
Favourite stroke: Backhand counter spin

Blade: Butterfly Timo Boll Spirit ST
Rubbers: Sriver L 2.1
pokerden View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokerden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2006 at 8:40pm
Actually my maze blade is slightly heavier than my tbs. I have a ST version of both. I actually had more control with my TBS, and the maze was a lot faster. This might have been due to the weight. While my topspin countering and blocking were good with the maze, I lost my "touch" hitting/looping underspin. The maze didn't have as good a feel chopping for me...
Figueiredo View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Figueiredo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2006 at 9:30pm

Originally posted by pokerden pokerden wrote:

Actually my maze blade is slightly heavier than my tbs. I have a ST version of both. I actually had more control with my TBS, and the maze was a lot faster. This might have been due to the weight. While my topspin countering and blocking were good with the maze, I lost my "touch" hitting/looping underspin. The maze didn't have as good a feel chopping for me...

Sorry... That's really awkward. I've 2 TBS ST and 1 Maze. Both TBS are heavier than my Maze. TBS ST are 93 and 94gr and Maze weights at 88gr. I'm pretty sure Maze is slower, not by a great deal but the difference is acknowledgeble. I agree with you in the part you state TBS as more touch, at least according to my feel and like. But that also depends on the rubbers you might want to use. This may sound weird to many of you assuming Maze as softer outer plies, but I think Maze matches better than TBS with soft rubber, and I mean really soft, not like you crazy chinese rubber freaks that think of Sriver as soft rubber, for me Sriver is as hard as I go. Maze matches better with Bryce FX or Sriver FX and TBS matches great with a bit harder rubber like Sriver. I just choose Sriver EL cause I dont have time to glue and reglue and reglue Sriver before every practice in order to get it going. I prefer to loose a bit of pace and gain a bit on feel and forgiveness.

Left-Handed (Spin play from both wings, close/mid distance from table)
Favourite stroke: Backhand counter spin

Blade: Butterfly Timo Boll Spirit ST
Rubbers: Sriver L 2.1
pokerden View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokerden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2006 at 2:09pm
I guess its a QC issue...my maze is clearly heavier than TBS...I am using Bryce/sriver on tbs and Bryce only on the maze. I don't think there is too much of a weight diff between my sriver and bryce.
phrixion View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phrixion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2006 at 4:00pm
T.Boll Spirit has a softer outter ply and a little bit better feel for the ball. Also the smaller head size makes if faster closer to the table play which is what I liked about the T.Boll Spirit.

The M.Maze is harder and faster, it's OK close to the table but it's mid to long distance play is where the blade excels, it was so easiy to hit and loop from off way off the table.

Both blades are suppose to be around 85g+ and very similiar to each other.

The problem I had with both blades were that they don't work well with hard chinese rubbers, there's practically no feel. I use H3 but I tried Bryce and Sriver on the M.Maze and T.Boll Spirit they both felt great with soft rubbers.
Blade: Whatever is close
Rubber Sheet: Whatever still has some grip.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic