Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best match I've seen in a while

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
WeebleWobble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeebleWobble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best match I've seen in a while
    Posted: 10/13/2017 at 1:10pm
why is it always impossible for me to figure out how to embed here.

what an ending.  Hugo is so fun to watch.

Edited by WeebleWobble - 10/13/2017 at 1:12pm
Sponsored Links

mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2017 at 1:25pm
Thanks for posting it.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2017 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by WeebleWobble WeebleWobble wrote:

I don't even have to click the link.  I felt exactly the same way watching the highlights.  The comeback was epic, but I would have been gassed if Hugo had lost that.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
pgpg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2017 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by WeebleWobble WeebleWobble wrote:

Use 'Insert Movie' option, or use [TUBE] tags

Edited by pgpg - 10/13/2017 at 1:39pm
USATT: ~1810
Butterfly Defense Alpha ST - H3 Neo - Cloud&Fog OX
The Observer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Observer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2017 at 2:03pm
watched it yesterday, was very impressed. Wei kept serving that reverse spin that is long and always got attache, seems not wise.
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2017 at 2:18pm
indeed fun to watch. some of the shots he pulled off were insane!
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
jackwong23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2017 at 2:24pm
Hugo is probably the best South American player ever.
Don't think anyone can disagree with this.

Edited by jackwong23 - 10/13/2017 at 2:24pm
simon_xuan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon_xuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2017 at 2:40pm
Very nice, the recording angle is very sweet to capture the players' movement. What kind of tournament is that? Thanks for sharing.

Edited by simon_xuan - 10/13/2017 at 2:46pm
RPB Rocks!

BTY Innerforce ZLC Cpen | DHS H3N Blue Sponge | Victas V>15 Extra

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36695
CraneStyle View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2017 at 2:45pm
Can feel the tension...

Great theatre...

Thanks for sharing...
1. Mizutani Jun ZLC, FH T80, BH T05
zzzuppp View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zzzuppp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2017 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by jackwong23 jackwong23 wrote:

Actually there was a Brazilian guy in the late 50s/early 60s, 'Biriba' (Ubarici da Costa), who not only beat the current Japanese World champion (Tanaka, 4 times! and his predecessor as World champion, Ogimura ) when they toured Brazil (he was in his early teens), but at the 1961 World Championship he beat the reigning champion, Rong Guotuan (the first ever Chinese winner), causing a sensation. He was then 15 years old.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2017 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by zzzuppp zzzuppp wrote:

Actually there was a Brazilian guy in the late 50s/early 60s, 'Biriba' (Ubarici da Costa), who not only beat the current Japanese World champion (Tanaka, 4 times! and his predecessor as World champion, Ogimura ) when they toured Brazil (he was in his early teens), but at the 1961 World Championship he beat the reigning champion, Rong Guotuan (the first ever Chinese winner), causing a sensation. He was then 15 years old.

I could smell a bunch of posts comparing the levels of the elites in the 50-60s to those of current day.

Edited by tom - 10/13/2017 at 4:12pm
TTslurp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTslurp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2017 at 5:17pm

Considering his obvious talent he should have continued to develop but apparently didn´t. I wonder why, do you know?

Edited by TTslurp - 10/13/2017 at 5:45pm
yuri.saldon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yuri.saldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2017 at 6:03pm
Biriba stop playing TT because he can't make any money with that, ironically I saw him this morning. He's a very nice old man.
zzzuppp View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zzzuppp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2017 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

I could smell a bunch of posts comparing the levels of the elites in the 50-60s to those of current day.

I'm just saying that it is possible to disagree about Calderano being the best South American player ever; many people, including maybe jackwong23, are unlikely to have heard of Biriba, and his achievements deserve to be remembered. 
zzzuppp View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zzzuppp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2017 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by TTslurp TTslurp wrote:

Considering his obvious talent he should have continued to develop but apparently didn´t. I wonder why, do you know?

The reason given by Zdenko Uzorinac in his book 'ITTF 1926-2001, TT Legends' is that Brazil failed to send a team to the '65 Worlds in Yugoslavia, and that 'Biriba,then twenty, was apparently indignant, and abandoned sports activity' - although he made a comeback later and won the Brazilian title again in 1980 at the age of 35.
Perhaps yuri.saldon, you could ask him about his career? Smile

Edited by zzzuppp - 10/16/2017 at 6:21pm
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2017 at 11:15am
"Hugo is probably the best South American player ever. 
Don't think anyone can disagree with this. "

Use hyperbole at your own risk.

It always seems to come back to bite you in the ass.

FdT
kevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2017 at 11:30am
great match. thanks for posting. hugo's bh shot at 15-15 in the 5th. amazing.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic