Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Alpabetical Viscaria

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AntSj00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntSj00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Alpabetical Viscaria
    Posted: 12/25/2017 at 10:54pm
My Alpahabetical Order of Viscaria :
  • Serial O to R
  • 2 Fishscales
  • 2 Arylate Carbon Lenses
  • 1 Old Silvertag

TB ZLC + T05 + O7E

Link Feedbacks To Me : Feedbacks
Sponsored Links

Vinch2018 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinch2018 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2018 at 8:59am
Which of the 4 has the best feeling for the ball? I have the new Viscaria with the hologram but I'm wondering if the older version that has the Arylate lens has better  control than the new viscaria.
I love TT
Shifu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2018 at 10:53am
Seriously why should they? Of course there are differences but there are great new and old ones and there are bad new and old ones. The lense does not make a difference and the dimensions and so on are all unchanged.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2018 at 11:27am
just for my curiosity which one is the silver tag
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2018 at 11:31am
First one is "old" silver tag. The first silver logo in the handle had the word Butterfly embossed in it along with the logo.
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2018 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

First one is "old" silver tag. The first silver logo in the handle had the word Butterfly embossed in it along with the logo.

thanks, I got it -"old" is the distinction and not silver tag
AntSj00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntSj00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2018 at 1:54am
@Vinch2018. Old Silvertag has more solid feel. Old Silvertag topply more strongly. I mean when I take off the rubber, topply it's not easy to peel.
The color of handle also
not as dirty as the latest version. Handle for no.2-4 is the same material.
@jpenmaster. You're right about Old Silvertag.

Edited by AntSj00 - 01/26/2018 at 1:58am
TB ZLC + T05 + O7E

nittakuball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nittakuball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2018 at 12:22am
selling.lol
DHS 032
Butterfly Bryce Highspeed

Singapore & Canada

AntSj00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntSj00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2018 at 5:20am
Originally posted by nittakuball nittakuball wrote:

selling.lol
Not For Sale
TB ZLC + T05 + O7E

emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2018 at 4:48pm
do you like the p series best?
Viscaria, Ma Long 5, Old Clippers, BTY Ovtcharov and Various Custom blades
AntSj00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntSj00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2018 at 5:17am
Originally posted by emihet emihet wrote:

do you like the p series best?

I think the best series make me comfort is serial before 'P'
TB ZLC + T05 + O7E

juanma4080 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juanma4080 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2018 at 10:03am
hello, i have a doubt about the viscaria K series, i found a lot of information from this code, what makes so special this K series? from your experience.
BTW... i´ll tried the L series, and yes really good , gooood feeling and big sweet spot.

Regards!

Edited by juanma4080 - 04/19/2018 at 10:04am
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2018 at 11:07am
Originally posted by juanma4080 juanma4080 wrote:

hello, i have a doubt about the viscaria K series, i found a lot of information from this code, what makes so special this K series? from your experience.
BTW... i´ll tried the L series, and yes really good , gooood feeling and big sweet spot.

Regards!

The legend says that ZJK used a K series when he became world champion in 2011 :)) But of course, ZJK didn't use common viscaria but customized one...
 This legend has been used by owners of a K series one which started selling their blades for a big price while this blade doesn't have anything special from the fact that this is a K series one.....

Every year, there are good and less good batches and you can't make a generality saying that K series is better or worst than any other series.
Also, how would it be possible to generalize when you think about the number of different trees Butterfly uses for making viscaria for 1 year only......only this makes impossible having 2 blades playing exactly the same...
What is true is that from 2013-2014, Butterfly started making very light viscarias , some 81-82-83 heavy ones became common because lots of amateur players preferred playing with light blades. Before, a 85-86gr one was very rare and most of the viscarias weighted more than 90gr. I own myself one 96gr heavy and another 98gr heavy.
You will certainly not find a K series with a weight under 85-86gr.

Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juanma4080 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2018 at 12:52pm
So I guess just I need to enjoy the game as always with the blade :) really like to play with this blade, the composition it’s a nice one. I will try the viscaria K. Thank you for the information!! I guess the legend still living in the ears from a lot of people...;)
hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2018 at 12:57pm
https://www.captiongenerator.com/971652/Obsessed-with-equipment-part-2
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2018 at 9:03pm
Yes. We have all seen your captions.
hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2018 at 3:14am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

We need this to spread, there's only less than 300 views. I'm sure not everyone seen that. I see far too many people waste time on equipment. It's ok to play with a lighter viscaria, as you improve the blade will absorb your sweat and it will get heavier overtime, kind of like a partner leveling up with you. 
bard romance View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2018 at 9:09am
Originally posted by hunkeelin hunkeelin wrote:

We need this to spread, there's only less than 300 views. I'm sure not everyone seen that. I see far too many people waste time on equipment. It's ok to play with a lighter viscaria, as you improve the blade will absorb your sweat and it will get heavier overtime, kind of like a partner leveling up with you. 

1) The video isn't as funny as you seem to think it is.
2) You aren't exactly pioneering a revolutionary idea around here, most experienced posters nowadays will preach this.
3) After a certain point in table tennis boards (or life in general),  you realize it's better to just indulge people in what they want when they prompt it, rather than trying to impose your own philosophy or thoughts on the matter.

hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2018 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by bard romance bard romance wrote:

2) You aren't exactly pioneering a revolutionary idea around here, most experienced posters nowadays will preach this.
3) After a certain point in table tennis boards (or life in general),  you realize it's better to just indulge people in what they want when they prompt it, rather than trying to impose your own philosophy or thoughts on the matter.

i see, i think i should really take 3) into heart. It's not my problem if someone is doing stupid stuff. I should mind my own business. 
bard romance View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2018 at 2:09pm

i see, i think i should really take 3) into heart. It's not my problem if someone is doing stupid stuff. I should mind my own business. 

Sort of. The thing is this: the OP was just sharing his collection which he apparently is proud of. He didn't imply anywhere that he thought that any of this would make him a better player or speed up his progress. If he had, then your comment may have been fitting. But he didn't, so it wasn't. 
hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2018 at 4:48pm

Sort of. The thing is this: the OP was just sharing his collection which he apparently is proud of. He didn't imply anywhere that he thought that any of this would make him a better player or speed up his progress. If he had, then your comment may have been fitting. But he didn't, so it wasn't. 

It wasn't for the OP but i see some of the commentators dwell too much "science" into viscaria. It's a fast blade, that's all there's no science behind it. Like the old gold tag, silver tag, metal tag. Heavier, feels better, older the better, they are all BS. 

Edited by hunkeelin - 04/20/2018 at 4:48pm
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2018 at 5:06pm
I like the OPs collection. I have one very much like it. And yet I only ever use of them (one of my two black tag Viscarias). The good thing is I will never again buy another blade. But I spent a lot of money for awhile there, probably stupidly.
AntSj00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntSj00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2018 at 6:21am
Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

Originally posted by juanma4080 juanma4080 wrote:

Regards!

The legend says that ZJK used a K series when he became world champion in 2011 :)) But of course, ZJK didn't use common viscaria but customized one...
 This legend has been used by owners of a K series one which started selling their blades for a big price while this blade doesn't have anything special from the fact that this is a K series one.....

Every year, there are good and less good batches and you can't make a generality saying that K series is better or worst than any other series.
Also, how would it be possible to generalize when you think about the number of different trees Butterfly uses for making viscaria for 1 year only......only this makes impossible having 2 blades playing exactly the same...
What is true is that from 2013-2014, Butterfly started making very light viscarias , some 81-82-83 heavy ones became common because lots of amateur players preferred playing with light blades. Before, a 85-86gr one was very rare and most of the viscarias weighted more than 90gr. I own myself one 96gr heavy and another 98gr heavy.
You will certainly not find a K series with a weight under 85-86gr.

I recently added a brand new Viscaria hologram lens weight 83gr with a Fan ZD Autograph. Only for my collection.

As far as I know Viscaria weight 83 grams is very rare. Most of the weight is around 90gr.
TB ZLC + T05 + O7E

Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2018 at 7:26am
The lighter weight viscarias have become very common over the last couple of years, but I feel like the heavier ones are making a comeback.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juanma4080 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2018 at 12:08pm
Viscaria P 91,5 gr i will tried on these days, hope have a nice touch too, like K series.
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2018 at 4:21pm
I got a k series 90gr if you are interested
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic