Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MXP vs MXS durability.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MXP vs MXS durability.
    Posted: 02/22/2018 at 6:13am
Durability of Evolution MXP is NOT good enough.
Is Evolution MXS (or other new Tibhar rubber) any better ? 

Edited by Stavros - 02/22/2018 at 6:46am
Blade: Stiga Infinity
FH: Dignics 80
BH: Dignics 05
Sponsored Links

jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2018 at 9:24am
After being playing three years in a row with mxp i have quit using it since it's not durable enough. The first weeks it's unbelievable but once the top sheet wears off performance goes down the hill so it becomes utter garbage.Im currently playing with hurricane 3 blue sponge with Dianchi and I'm fully satisfied. However if I ever plan go go back I'd probably stick with 05 which is more expensive at expense of higher/better durability....

IMO There's no saving in ESN rubbers since it's the same at the end...

Edited by jonyer1980 - 02/22/2018 at 9:27am
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2018 at 9:42am
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

After being playing three years in a row with mxp i have quit using it since it's not durable enough. The first weeks it's unbelievable but once the top sheet wears off performance goes down the hill so it becomes utter garbage.Im currently playing with hurricane 3 blue sponge with Dianchi and I'm fully satisfied. However if I ever plan go go back I'd probably stick with 05 which is more expensive at expense of higher/better durability....

Is your EL-S (or MX-S) any better in durability ?
ohwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2018 at 9:49am
Is your (Stavros) concern about the topsheet wearing out, or about the speed glue effect going away? (There’s a widespread worry that the evolution rubbers that have a strong booster smell out of the box (similar smell to dandoy bioboost) have a big drop in performance within the first weeks/months. Afaik that includes MX-P, but not, eg, MX-S. I wonder if that’s what you’re experiencing.)

Edited by ohwell - 02/22/2018 at 5:11pm
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2018 at 10:29am
Originally posted by ohwell ohwell wrote:

Is your concern about the topsheet wearing out, or about the speed glue effect going away? (There’s a widespread worry that the evolution rubbers that have a strong booster smell out of the box (similar smell to dandoy bioboost) have a big drop in performance within the first weeks/months. Afaik that includes MX-P, but not, eg, MX-S. I wonder if that’s what you’re experiencing.)

My concern is about the speed glue effect. 
MXP looses it very quickly. 
Quantum S, for example, keeps the speed glue effect longer, but not long enough ,for me. 

Edited by Stavros - 02/22/2018 at 10:29am
ThePongProfessor View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2018 at 11:38am
MXP loses its strong booster effect after ~20-30 hours. MX-S does not have a strong booster effect to begin with and therefore has less to lose (i.e., less noticeable drop in performance). Regarding the top-sheets, I'd say they have fairly similar durability, perhaps slightly higher for the MX-S. 
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePongProfessor

Feedback
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2018 at 4:18pm
I meant topsheet not boost effect.
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2018 at 5:05pm

I meant topsheet not boost effect.

You probably think you mean the topsheet, but if you know what you really meant, you would like mean booster effect.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2018 at 7:26pm
I think its not too bad, you can always use Dandoy/Falco to spring the mxp back to life.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2018 at 1:24am
Originally posted by Stavros Stavros wrote:

Is your EL-S (or MX-S) any better in durability ?

I think Evolution S series are a bit more durable, but nearly the same.
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2018 at 3:02am
Consequently, MXS keeps its performance more than MXP.

I'm now testing Quantum (not S) that is underestimated and is close to Evolutuion S series.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic