Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Mizuno Mizuno Wave Drive 8 Shoes - Sizing Question
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mizuno Mizuno Wave Drive 8 Shoes - Sizing Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MTMT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mizuno Mizuno Wave Drive 8 Shoes - Sizing Question
    Posted: 04/17/2018 at 4:02pm
Greetings,

Decided to go with the Mizuno Wave 8. 

However, I read in quite a few online posts that they run quite a bit longer than rated. 

I normally wear USA 10.5 to 11 depending on brand. 10.5 is just exact in some brands while 11 offers a bit of leeway. 

For those of you who may wear the same sizes and have gotten the Wave Drive 8, what size in cm should I be getting?  I've gotten advice from 28.5 to 29.0.  Wondering if 28.0 is even warranted. 

Thanks in advance for any help. 
Sponsored Links

mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2018 at 4:16pm
I'd go with 11's
pliuya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pliuya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2018 at 4:38pm
Go 10.5 . I wear most shoes of 10.5 like Nike, Brooks. However I feel a little large when wearing Wave 8 of size 10.5.  
DHS W968 (90g)
Bakcup: Viscaria (87g)
FH: Hurricane Neo Blue
BH: MXP
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2018 at 5:29pm
I wear Nike running shoes in 12.5.
I have mizuno wave drive 8 and wave medal z se both in 29.5 cm (11.5 US in mizuno sizing). 

I have slightly wider toe box/forefoot and both fit me nicely. I also like to have a liiiiiittle bit of toe room in terms of length so my toes don't get squished.

My advice go full size down from your nike/Adidas running shoes (if you own any).

Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
DarkerMyLove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkerMyLove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2018 at 11:29pm
most athletic shoes like Nike or Reebok I'm US10.5-11 

Wave Drive 7 and Wave medal Z I'm 28.5 (10.5US)

(on all my shoes I remove the insole and use Superfeet insole)
MTMT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2018 at 1:33am
EVERYONE, THANK YOU for all your replies. 

Looks like I should be getting 28.5 also as I'm like DarkerMyLove - 10.5 to 11 in my USA Nike shoes. 
Blip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2018 at 12:47pm
MTMT, I have a pair of Tibhar Ultra Titans accurately 10.5 US in the for sale section, shameless plug.
Viscaria
T05 - Forehand
T05fx - Backhand

Please post my feedback here:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71402&PN=1#874345
wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2018 at 11:09pm
Muzino shoes run large! You should size half to one size down!
Barwell fleet, Omega 7 Pro & Fastarc S1
MTMT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2018 at 1:01am
I got mine in 28.5 or European 44.  Fits perfectly and they are FANTASTIC.  I had no idea that TT shoes would be this different.  Better stability, lower and lateral comfort.  Sold! 

Thanks for all who helped. 
Basquests View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basquests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2018 at 1:57am
Yep. Looking at the competitive / semi competitive regular players, almost all of them have Mizuno's on here.

Quite amazing considering there isn't a shop in the country selling the WM4-5 WD6/7/8 that everyones wearing.

Young and old too.

Lots of these top young guys come with the double tenergy, ALC/ZLC, even butterfly clothing shirts and shorts, but all have the mizuno's.
Great tt shoes.

Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2018 at 3:16am
Great shoes,hmmmm. I was one who also believed that my !!!two!!! pairs of Mizuno Wave Medal 5 were great, most of all because they were advertised as tt shoes and also I was seeing many of the big guys wearing those, but actually not all of them are with Mizuno and there must be a reason for that, most probably because those aren't good for everyone and possibly for every floor.
Let's make the long story short. After an year and a half of extensive training few hours twice a week plus competition now I have a plantar fasciitis and I am cursing the day I thought to buy those two pairs. I should have stayed with my trusty Blades or with any other shoes which provide good cushioning.
BTW, recently in another thread many of us discussed the subject and apparently I am not the only one who dare not to like the mighty beautiful Mizuno whatever
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
Basquests View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basquests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2018 at 9:27am
It's great you're sharing your POV, but I don't know too much about plantar fasciitis - a google search says that inadequate footwear is but one cause. Lots of table tennis can be rough, especially as you get older. It's very possible you'd be having the same issue at a similar time with your old shoes.

WM5 have a decent amount of cushioning compared to a lot of the other TT shoes that feel more like flip flops.

I damaged my ligaments and couldn't walk for a few months at the start of the year, wearing badminton shoes  or my WM5's feel so much more stable for lateral movement and cushioning compared to say sneakers or anything. They certainly aren't for everyone, and your issues are valid - they aren't a holy grail, but they certainly are in the upper echelon.

As for why not everyones buying them, the reason is even if somethings the best and the cheapest, not everyone will buy it. They aren't unequivocally the best and certainly aren't the cheapest. My point was, that if i'm seeing half the people at the 26 table stadium wearing them when they aren't sold in a single shop in the country here [pretty big barrier], that's pretty incredible. Just like Tenergy being on a massive chunk of peoples bats despite the price code. Advertising, playing characteristics and intangibles ['I THINK its the best rubber / i don't want to change now'] all help things such as rubber / blades - shoes i'd guess people are better at assessing and more open to changing.
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2018 at 6:38am
My POV is based on my experience. I remember well that after the first two hours of training with those beautiful shoes I felt a pain in my heels, but I thought it was due to the training and I neglected the pain in the following sessions untill it became too late. Back then I shared my experience here and it occurred that it isn't only me disappointed with the mighty Mizuno image.I am not going to mention the slippery soles and the total confusion with the sizes.
Wzhang8107 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wzhang8107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2018 at 5:39am
I have a pair of Mizuno medal wave 5. I wear size 10-11 for other brand but Mizuno size 10 is too big. If next I buy it I will go for size 9. I have a picture link in the for sale section you can see for yourself how big th shoe is compare with my size 10 feet.
Simon_plays View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2018 at 6:57am
Originally posted by Wzhang8107 Wzhang8107 wrote:

I have a pair of Mizuno medal wave 5. I wear size 10-11 for other brand but Mizuno size 10 is too big. If next I buy it I will go for size 9. I have a picture link in the for sale section you can see for yourself how big th shoe is compare with my size 10 feet.
I had the exact same problem with my Wave Medal 5s, bought a size UK 8 which is on the small side for me usually but 8.5 wasn't available and the shoes are at least a size UK 9.

I like the shoe but next pair I'll buy a UK 7 which never fits me with any other make.

There's something wrong with Mizuno sizing f9r this shoe I think (not sure avout other shoes).
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2018 at 7:47am
Damn Mizuno
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2018 at 11:48am
Strange.  I find the Mizuno sizes too small.
Wzhang8107 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wzhang8107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2018 at 12:56pm
Which model you have? Mine is wave medal v, 1 size larger then true size.
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2018 at 4:09pm
I used Wave Bolt 2's and 5 in my size (10).  Wave Bolt 6 was too small in 10 1/2's

Went with Babolat in 11's
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2018 at 6:02pm
Xu Xin ,FZD and few other Chinese don't use Mizuno anymore. There must be a reason for that and I don't think it is financial. I suspect they need something more comfortable, or with more support
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2018 at 6:08pm
Btw, Babolat Shadow Spirit are really comfortable and they offer much better grip and support than my two pairs of wave medal 5
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2018 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Kolev Kolev wrote:

Btw, Babolat Shadow Spirit are really comfortable and they offer much better grip and support than my two pairs of wave medal 5

I got the shadow spirit by Babolat.  Comfortable with a nice grip.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic