FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

From MXP to.....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: From MXP to.....
    Posted: 07/13/2018 at 8:11am
Hi dudes, i would like to swith from my current MXP to anything a bit softer with better dwell time, and overall  control with I´ve been thinking about EL-P or M2. I could also consider M3 which is same hardness as the others, would you considered them too mushy for a RW-V on your FH?

I´ve tried Goldarc 8 recently which is fine, but lacks spin IMO. ESN Topsheet are still a bit grippier tan GA8 but sponge is nices.  I also tried ELS but didn´t like it at all, topsheet was really hard and lacked of spin and speed as well.

I don´t consider any Tenergy due to their insane price policy....
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
Sponsored Links

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2018 at 9:00am
Omega vii pro is there
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Shifu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2018 at 11:57am
M3 and so on is going to be too soft. If you like it softer but same characteristics like low catapult I would try Vega Pro maybe. It’s a bit softer but not by much.
tabletennis11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabletennis11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2018 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

Omega vii pro is there

I'll second this suggestion. Softer topsheet and feel but no sacrifice in power. I would even say Omega VII Pro is a little faster.
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2018 at 12:59pm
Gewo nexxus El pro 48 for me, it is an upgrade over mx-p in terms of speed, low end spin, ball feel(new abs balls), block and especially durabiltiy. The only thing it is a tiny bit behind mx-p is pure topsheet grip (18-20 difference though), and that is becuase it has a softer tospehet and softer feel, however it makes up for it becuase of how easy it is to engage the sponge and make it work With the topsheet.
Overall, the nexxus just feels like a complete upgrade over the rasanter gen rubbers, so I wonder when tibhar and the other brands will come up nexxus equivalents.

Also, @tabletennis11, when will you have the nexxus rubbers in stock? Prefer ordering from yuu guys.
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2018 at 1:00pm
MX-S also feels a bit softer and it is definitely slower in the passive game.
As it is the same (Evolution) series, the difference will be not too big.
In my eyes O7P feels different to MX-P, lighter and not as "compact" as MX-P.
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2018 at 8:28pm
Don't go with softer sponge, m2 is 45 degree and is quite mushy already on FH.
MX-P topsheet is quite hard, and like someone said before me, softer topsheet will provide you with the low end feel and spin that you lack with MX-P.

I have been experimenting a bit with soft topsheets as of lately, and it really delivers great results, as the feel gets softer and spin is easier to achieve, yet the power does not diminish when you stay around the classic 47.5 deg hardness sponge. The thing with soft topsheets though is that it makes the rubber lower throw, so it makes more sense to play such rubber with a high throw blade. Most 5 or 7pls all-wood will pair well.

As for recommendations, HK1997 Gold would fit quite well. You may think how a cheap chinese rubber could possibly replace MX-P, but I'm telling you, it really can. 48-50 deg sponge, soft topsheet, feels like 45 degree, more spin and speed on low to mid impact than MX-P, yet still offers almost as much speed, power and spin on harder hits. Very easy to play. Doesn't need any prior experience with tacky rubbers. Just remember to pair it with all wood.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2018 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by Hozuki Hozuki wrote:

The thing with soft topsheets though is that it makes the rubber lower throw

All other things being equal, yes.

But what about soft, thin topsheets?

Aurus Prime has 47.5 deg sponge, soft topsheet (much more dwelly than MX-P) and is high throw.
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2018 at 2:10am
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Originally posted by Hozuki Hozuki wrote:

The thing with soft topsheets though is that it makes the rubber lower throw

All other things being equal, yes.

But what about soft, thin topsheets?

Aurus Prime has 47.5 deg sponge, soft topsheet (much more dwelly than MX-P) and is high throw.

I really thought aurus prime was it on my road to find mx-p replacements, but the single main reason i wanted to find an alternative to mx-p was it's durability and how different it plays after a few weeks. But aurus prime ain't too good in this department either, although I was quite happy with it initially. It creates a bit less spin than mx-p on most strokes ( around equal spin on all out loop drives) and after a few weeks it starts feeling a bit slower and less spinnier, even regluing doesn't solve the problem for me.

Been 2 months and I can't notice any drop in performance in terms of spin or speed with the nexxus El, even the topsheet has a bit of a shine still ( rasanter and aurus prime gen topsheets look like shit after a week, still plays good). So yeah, for people who don't like to experiment with a new brand can probably wait till tibhar,donic etc launch their new gen rubbers. To me, nothing in the market current feels like a good enough alternative to mx-p, or t05 for that matter.

Edited by nv42 - 07/14/2018 at 2:10am
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2018 at 3:41am
nv42, first you say 

Quote ...Gewo nexxus El pro 48 for me, it is an upgrade over mx-p in terms of speed, low end spin, ball feel(new abs balls), block and especially durabiltiy. The only thing it is a tiny bit behind mx-p is pure topsheet grip (18-20 difference though), and that is becuase it has a softer tospehet and softer feel, however it makes up for it becuase of how easy it is to engage the sponge and make it work With the topsheet...

and literally 3 posts down you go
Quote ...To me, nothing in the market current feels like a good enough alternative to mx-p, or t05 for that matter. ...

respectfully, pls make up your mind :-)

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2018 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by nv42 nv42 wrote:

It creates a bit less spin than mx-p on most strokes ( around equal spin on all out loop drives) and after a few weeks it starts feeling a bit slower and less spinnier, even regluing doesn't solve the problem for me.

I've had friends try out my blade (with Aurus Prime on it) and immediately buy the rubber. Later, they remark that it did not quite feel the same on their blade.

So, maybe the performance is very blade dependent.

In any case, here are my tried matches: the Aurus Prime is fantastic on the Nittaku Acoustic and the Tibhar Stratus Power Wood.
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2018 at 2:00pm
@vvk1, so sorry, I forgot to add - currently,nothing except the nexxus El pro feels like a good enough alternative to t05 and mx-p. And I'm talking abt it being an alternative, not a complete replacement since most ppl are looking to switch either due to price issues (t05) or durability issues (t05 and mx-p), and to me nexxus El pro solves both these issues without sacrificing much on spin and speed in any department while even doing better than mx-p in certain areas (low end spin, block).

@slevin, iv tired the aurus prime on a Bty marcos freitas and a xiom vega pro, so yeah both soft outer ply blades. Like i said, I was really content in the beginning and would have stuck with it, if it was a bit more durable, and yeah, iv used two sheets of aurus prime, one bought from a local shop and one from tt11. I actually liked it enough to buy a 2nd sheet. All I'm saying is the nexxus feels like a better rubber to me, + its durable and doesn't change its properties soon. I have a few colleagues use it currently and they share the same opinion Atleast with respect to durability.
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
taczkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2018 at 12:54pm
Butterfly Rozena or T05 are great choices.
lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2018 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by nv42 nv42 wrote:

Gewo nexxus El pro 48 for me, it is an upgrade over mx-p in terms of speed, low end spin, ball feel(new abs balls), block and especially durabiltiy. The only thing it is a tiny bit behind mx-p is pure topsheet grip (18-20 difference though), and that is becuase it has a softer tospehet and softer feel, however it makes up for it becuase of how easy it is to engage the sponge and make it work With the topsheet.
Overall, the nexxus just feels like a complete upgrade over the rasanter gen rubbers, so I wonder when tibhar and the other brands will come up nexxus equivalents.

Also, @tabletennis11, when will you have the nexxus rubbers in stock? Prefer ordering from yuu guys.

purchased the El Pro 48 MAX from TableTennis 11 for a trial on my FH. Blade is an OFF- Limba-Ayous-basalt-Ayous
my regular FH rubber has been T05.

I mounted it and then left to played at a local RR event and only had a few minutes to warm up before my first match. It was easy to use more then enough spin on serves, good short game and really seem to shine smashing backspin pop up balls. Did not seem to have the catapult issues associated with T05 on simple pushes for example.   I was also testing out a new BH rubber and the combination created a lighter blade so my timing was off on some setups such as looping backspin and counter topspin shots but that should smooth out with more use. I won 4 out of 5 matches last night considering I had never used the rubber before it may indicate that it is easy to use with decent control.   Will followup after I have had more time playing with it.
After more playing time I realized this was not a brushing rubber more about the sponge creating the spin rather then the top sheet. Overall for players that engage the sponge for serves and lifting backspin this is a fun rubber to play.

Edited by lineup32 - 11/21/2018 at 2:37pm
Thot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2018 at 12:07pm
In case anyone has tried nexxus el pro and nittaku fastarc g1 please let me know which one you prefer and why. Thanks.
obesechopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2018 at 12:37pm
With how long tenergy lasts, the extreme quality control, and consistency of each sheet... I don't think the price is all that different in the long term. 

Tenergy or tenergy fx is a great solution. I was using the mx-p, fx-s and el-s or whatever the letters were but prefer tenergy fx to all of them. There is no slippage and the playing characteristics last much longer. You pay for the extra quality up front, though to me it's certainly worth it -- rather than buying a bunch of other cheaper rubbers, based solely on price, and actually spending more in the end trying to find an adequate one. 
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2018 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

Hi dudes, i would like to swith from my current MXP to anything a bit softer with better dwell time, and overall  control with I´ve been thinking about EL-P or M2. I could also consider M3 which is same hardness as the others, would you considered them too mushy for a RW-V on your FH?

I´ve tried Goldarc 8 recently which is fine, but lacks spin IMO. ESN Topsheet are still a bit grippier tan GA8 but sponge is nices.  I also tried ELS but didn´t like it at all, topsheet was really hard and lacked of spin and speed as well.

I don´t consider any Tenergy due to their insane price policy....

Victas V15 Extra is a good alternative, also Cornilleau Pro GT H47.
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2018 at 7:30am
Tenergy lasts longer, plays better and doesn't shrink. Consequenly, it's price is not so insane...
Blade: Stiga Infinity
FH: Dignics 80
BH: Dignics 05
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic