Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Yasaka Ebony Carbon review?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yasaka Ebony Carbon review?
    Posted: 09/19/2018 at 9:41pm
Does anyone have any experience with this blade?
729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max
Sponsored Links

GabrielTopspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabrielTopspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2018 at 11:06am
Yeah it is a fast blade, the sweetspot is great, but it was a little bit to stiff for me, but for the right playstyle it could be good, it plays like a faster infinity with the hollow feeling
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2018 at 12:14pm
Thanks Gabriel would you say it is an overly fast blade? Also if you remember, is the carbon layer right under the ebony layer?
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2018 at 12:35pm
Yasaka gave it highest rating in terms of speed (20+/20).
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
GabrielTopspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabrielTopspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2018 at 12:48pm
no no it is not ultra fast, it is still controllable, i think for the plastic ball it can be a good choice, and it is not overly expensive, i think you should try it, the controll is there, with the right rubber it could be a good weapon, but the blade is not for persons who play with pin point placement, but for players who attack very hard with third ball attack, and it is a little bit on the harder side.

for attack players who play with power and placement i suggest the butterfly innerforce layer alc (no feel but super placement and power) or the nittaku kasumi special (a little bit expensive) but it is powerfull and more controllable than the yasaka ebony and you could pair it with any rubber (soft and hard) and you will be very happy when you are a two winged looper. The Kasumi Special is my main blade and is like the Nittaku Barwell fleet but with more flex and a little bit cheaper.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2018 at 4:32pm
Thank you Gabriel I guess I will try it whenever it goes on sale at tt11! I just wanted to make sure it is not a rock like the TB tricarbon
Humble Bear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humble Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2018 at 2:53pm
Where is the placement of the carbon anyone knows?
ZJK ALC, MJ SZLC, Viscaria
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2018 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by Humble Bear Humble Bear wrote:

Where is the placement of the carbon anyone knows?

There is two layer of wood on top of the carbon layer
Humble Bear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humble Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2018 at 6:00pm
How about the measured thickness?  TT11 states 6.3mm; the same as Ma Lin Max Carbon but when I measured my Max Carbon, it's only 6.0mm.   How thick is yours?
ZJK ALC, MJ SZLC, Viscaria
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2018 at 9:28am
Originally posted by Humble Bear Humble Bear wrote:

How about the measured thickness?  TT11 states 6.3mm; the same as Ma Lin Max Carbon but when I measured my Max Carbon, it's only 6.0mm.   How thick is yours?

Mine is about 6.3 however i don’t have one of those precision tools to measure... i think will all wood products there will be some variation so IMHO 0.3 difference is within reason
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic