Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Butterfly Tenergy 05 HARD | youtube review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tajny1989 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tajny1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Butterfly Tenergy 05 HARD | youtube review
    Posted: 12/10/2018 at 6:06am
Sponsored Links

benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2019 at 1:28am
Tenergy 05 Hard has been out about three months and I've only met a few people who play with it.  And everyone of them tells me something different about what it's like.  I plan to give a try myself in a month or two, but in the meanwhile, I wondered if there are any more public reviews and anyone with a lot of experience with it who would like to provide an updated comment?
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2019 at 10:17am
Not many PROs switched to it. 
Blade: Stiga Infinity
FH: Dignics 80
BH: Dignics 05
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2019 at 10:24am
if you have met people who played with it, why don't you just ask to try it - nothing beats the real deal
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2019 at 11:04am
Originally posted by Stavros Stavros wrote:

Not many PROs switched to it. 

I thought that would be the case, but in the end I've been surprised by how many BTY list as users.

Jin Ueda
Yukiya Uda
Wong Chun Ting
Lee Sangsu
Timo Boll
Ruwin Filus
Kristian Karlsson
Jonathan Groth

Probably some others in there too, haven't gone down the full list.

It takes a lot to convince the pros to make any change, probably more so for the older ones who have invested so many years in refining the use of a setup, so I think that's still quite a lot.  

More are popping up on the list with Dignics as well, so get ready for BTY's charm offensive for that soon.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2019 at 11:34am
I would really be surprised if Ruwen Filus really used it because it is really not the correct rubber for the allround player who based his game on spin. Even for the other players on the list...all of them are under contract with BTY, so even if they play with regular T05, BTY can write everywhere they all play with T05 hard ....just to push their new product.
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2019 at 11:49am
Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

I would really be surprised if Ruwen Filus really used it because it is really not the correct rubber for the allround player who based his game on spin. Even for the other players on the list...all of them are under contract with BTY, so even if they play with regular T05, BTY can write everywhere they all play with T05 hard ....just to push their new product.

Sure, it's possible that BTY can just lie about everything and it's very easy to be skeptical.  It's very hard to prove one way or the other without high-res images of setups accidentally caught during matches, or if someone is lucky enough to get hold of match official images (like we get with some German sources from time to time).  So without that, you either take BTY at their word as far as it goes, or you just don't believe anything they ever say.

For me (and I'm no BTY fan), I base it on past experience.  How trustworthy are they in this context?  I can't recall a time when they were caught out being seriously underhanded, which would undermine their credibility.  For example, I recall LGY being listed as T05H on BH, but now he's Dignics 05.  You could spin that as BTY using his name to push the "new thing", or you could say he experimented for a few months (and still might be).  It's very easy to be cynical when forming an opinion on this in the absence of evidence one way or the other.

As a comparison - Stiga have been caught many times telling blatant porkies about what their sponsored pros use, so I'm far more skeptical about any claim they make (relatively).

About Filus - I'd actually say that T05H would really suit him.  He's hardly all round on his FH wing - he's very aggressive on that side, hardly ever FH chops, and often gets caught far from the table because of his BH chopping and so requires lots of power.  But everyone is different, so hey ho.  Will be interesting if we get images from the German leagues this year...
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2019 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

Tenergy 05 Hard has been out about three months and I've only met a few people who play with it.  And everyone of them tells me something different about what it's like.  I plan to give a try myself in a month or two, but in the meanwhile, I wondered if there are any more public reviews and anyone with a lot of experience with it who would like to provide an updated comment?

I have been using it for a month. I hate to say this but I love it. I recommend it to a player who has switched from Chinese rubbers to European / Japanese and finds T05 too soft for FH.
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2019 at 12:37pm
I've been using T05 Hard on my Photino and it does what I want, speed and spin with placement. ClapClap
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2019 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

if you have met people who played with it, why don't you just ask to try it - nothing beats the real deal
As I mentioned in my post, I did ask them about their experience and I got different reports.  I was hoping for more insight here, but no one has really posted any extensive experience or thoughts yet.

I will say this: traditionally, Pros prefer harder sponges for their loops.  Pros can get the same rubbers as us (T05, for example), but they can often request (or look through a box) to find harder samples.  The hardness varies by where in the loaf of sponge the manufacturer slices that particular piece of sponge.  So, given a version of T05 that is designed to be harder, I expect to see strong interest from the pros over the long run.

How well T05H works for any given player probably depends upon their stroke technique.  I know we've got some pretty advanced players on this forum, so I was hoping some of them would have a report.
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2019 at 1:29pm
How much will BTY ask for Dignics?
How many people will eat the bait?

I say "a lot" for both questions.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2019 at 8:07pm
The interesting question is how does it compare to other hard ESN variants that can be had for less than 1/2 of T05 hard price:

Andro Rasanter R50
Xiom Omega 7 Asia
Xiom Omega 7 Tour

and perhaps a few others.
jackass22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2019 at 2:11am
I think, that biggest competitor for tenergy is joola rhyzer 50 /48/ mm.
Here is the biggest improvement in last 3-4 years. Its very close to fresh glue feeling.

Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

The interesting question is how does it compare to other hard ESN variants that can be had for less than 1/2 of T05 hard price:

Andro Rasanter R50
Xiom Omega 7 Asia
Xiom Omega 7 Tour

and perhaps a few others.
ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2019 at 4:23am
I use H3N and was interested yo see how it goes. I tried it recently on a Victas AFC (which is a medium hard, medium flexible blade). It is a very heavy rubber. Cut to 157x150 BTY head size, it is 52g!

Its hardness is equivalent to a  39 degree boosted H3N although the feel is very different. It plays softer than the 43 degree hardness, requires lesser bat speed and effort than H3N but more than T05 or even R50 for that matter to get a good rip on the ball.

I personally felt that it was the worst of both worlds. It lacks the feeling of holding the ball and letting it to that H3N gives you in the short game. The added weight makes the BH a bit uncomfortable. The harder sponge makes the ball slip more on slow loops which are just off the table when you are late to the ball.
Passive blocking is worse than T05. Spin on medium effort shots is the same and I felt the arc was a bit flat unless you managed to give the ball a good rip.

I feel that the sponge is 2-3 degree too hard.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic