FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Long Pips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
pgpg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2018 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by frogger frogger wrote:

I have said for 45 years that LP's should not be allowed in competition. I believe it would be a wonderful move by the ITTF to ban them. I played with LP's in the past. I know how to defeat players using LP's. I will never change my mind on this subject ever. Defensive players have anti, inverted, and SP's. that's enough. What is the ITTF going to approve next?...extra long pips? As long as the under the table deals exist between the ITTF and the manufacturers nothing will change...just my 2 cents.

Can you elaborate why do you think antispin rubbers (including truly frictionless ones) should be legal, but not LPs? 

USATT: ~1810
Butterfly Defense Alpha ST - H3 Neo - Cloud&Fog OX
Sponsored Links

frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2018 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by pgpg pgpg wrote:

I have said for 45 years that LP's should not be allowed in competition. I believe it would be a wonderful move by the ITTF to ban them. I played with LP's in the past. I know how to defeat players using LP's. I will never change my mind on this subject ever. Defensive players have anti, inverted, and SP's. that's enough. What is the ITTF going to approve next?...extra long pips? As long as the under the table deals exist between the ITTF and the manufacturers nothing will change...just my 2 cents.

Can you elaborate why do you think antispin rubbers (including truly frictionless ones) should be legal, but not LPs? 

LP's have an extra element of deception over anti depending on the stroke. Anti is just that "anti" to nullify spin. Attacking shots with anti a player knows exactly what is coming...with LP's...not so much.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2018 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by chop4ever chop4ever wrote:

Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

Which long pips are the most popular besides Tibhar Grass D.TecS?  I'm going to play defensive seriously now in order to combat those pesky and annoying little kids.  I played with the P-1R before but didn't find it as varying in spin as Grass.  Any suggestions?  I'm going to pair it with either of my Joo Sae Hyuk or Diode.

Thanks!

I've seen your chops by RPB 3-5 years ago.
TSP P1 with 0.8-1mm sponge is ideal for you
But I don't think your rating is 1600. Not sure how you play but your consistency is about >1900

Thanks friend.  I am about 2100 (non tournament rating) RPB style Wink
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2018 at 7:41pm

LP's have an extra element of deception over anti depending on the stroke. Anti is just that "anti" to nullify spin. Attacking shots with anti a player knows exactly what is coming...with LP's...not so much.
...and this is opposite to what J.O. Waldner said about pips and anti, a few years back.
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2018 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by JacekGM JacekGM wrote:

...and this is opposite to what J.O. Waldner said about pips and anti, a few years back.

What he said was:

"It is hard to become good with anti as it – per definition – makes it hard to add spin to the ball. Long pips suit defenders very well though. In spite of that it is very hard to become a really good defender these days. It is no longer enough to be good defensively, you will need a very good offensive game as well. That means that to become a really good modern defender, you will have to practise twice as much"

from http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=11897

Edited by icontek - 12/23/2018 at 10:22pm
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic