Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Rubber for DHS Hurricane 301?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
6stringer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6stringer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rubber for DHS Hurricane 301?
    Posted: 02/18/2019 at 10:02pm
So…my wife got me a DHS Hurricane 301 blade for Christmas.

As best as I can determine, the 301 composition is:

Outer: Koto (apparently a very thin ply)
Inner 2:
Ayous
Inner 1:
Arylate Carbon (thinner than most)
Core:
Ayous

I outfitted the 301 with DHS Gold Arc 8 – 47.5 (2.0mm) and Tibar 5Q VIP (2.1mm).  I didn’t expect to like/bond with the Gold Arc 8 but I’m finding it very complimentary to this blade.  I’ve researched the Hurricane 301 and the prevailing claim was that this blade has many gears. I concur- this blade has some gears.  Soft, touch shots in the short game are easy to place with precision.  Hard strokes can generate some rockets that I could never do with my Yasaka Sweeden Extra / Rakza setup.  The only downfall is that I have not been able to generate as much rotation with the 301 setup as with the YSE, but it’s not far off. 

The Tibar 5Q VIP is fine but I’m not so sure it’s great for this blade.  I’m already looking to replace it with something that will make it easier to extract spin out of this blade.  I was wondering what a softer topsheet would be like and thought Aurus Prime…but that could be completely wrong. Then, the sensible voice tells me I’m still just an improving club player and should go with something tamer like Yasaka Mark V HPS.

Have you used a DHS Hurricane 301 or a similarly constructed blade?  What rubber do you like on it?

Here is a list of rubber used on the DHS 301 by Table Tennis Data Base/revspin.net posters:

Butterfly Tenergy 05 (2x)

Donic Bluefire M1 Turbo

DHS Gold Arc 8  (2x)

Nittaku Fastarc G-1

JOOLA Rhyzm-P

DHS Hurricane 3 Provincial (No. 22 Blue Sponge)   (2x)

DHS Hurricane 2 (H2)

DHS NEO Hurricane 3 (2x)

DHS Hurricane 3 (H3)

DHS Skyline 3-60 Mid Hard

Palio AK 47 Red

Palio AK 47 Yellow Sponge

Friendship/729 Focus 3 Snipe

Yasaka Rakza 7

Of this list, I can tell you DHS Gold Arc 8 is a winner and I love Rakza 7 but haven’t tried it on this blade.  Nittaku Fastarc G-1 is intriguing and I’m so not ready for Tenergy 05.

Thank you for reading and thank you for your response!

Edited by 6stringer - 02/20/2019 at 8:08am
Advanced Intermediate
St. Louis, MO - USA
Nittaku Acoustic
FH - Nittaku Fastarc G-1
BH - Rakza 7
Sponsored Links

SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2019 at 10:47pm
Put Rakza 7 on your H301
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
6stringer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6stringer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2019 at 11:33pm
I was surprised at how easy this racket was to adapt to coming off the Yasaka Sweeden Extra.

Edited by 6stringer - 02/20/2019 at 12:32am
Advanced Intermediate
St. Louis, MO - USA
Nittaku Acoustic
FH - Nittaku Fastarc G-1
BH - Rakza 7
patelaaaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patelaaaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2019 at 12:57am
I’ve been using H301 for almost an year. Used several rubbers as focus3snipe, Palio AK47 red, yellow and blue. With the palio rubbers, its the lightest setup ever used and very efficient on looping with out catapult. But as I progressed in my game, changed the rubbers to Xiom Vega Europe for FH, 729 focus3 plus on BH. It added slight weight overall, but it turned out to be good as I’m able to generate more spin on FH. 

The worst rubber I had on H301 was yinhe moon speed. Couldn’t spin the ball at all. 

I’ve seen players from revspin, ttd sharing their experiences with H301 and Xiom Vega Europe, liking it. So far, I don’t have any complaints with this setup. 

However the handle was too thin for me. In the beginning it felt good but used to slip as my hands get sweaty. So wrapped yinhe shrinkable grip. 

Edited by patelaaaa - 02/25/2019 at 1:00am
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2019 at 6:36am
If I had a 301 blade I would try Vega Europe in BH and a heavily boosted H3 Neo in FH.
6stringer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6stringer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2020 at 6:45pm
I have since switched to Rakza 7 and Tibhar MX-S.  I like both of these over my original setup. (Gold Arc 8 and Tibhar 5Q VIP) The only knock on MX-S is that it can be very bouncy against very high spin rate loop drives. One reviewer on TT11 really liked Victas VJ > 07 Stiff (it had replaced and exceeded Rakza 7 for him).

Edited by 6stringer - 01/25/2020 at 10:54am
Advanced Intermediate
St. Louis, MO - USA
Nittaku Acoustic
FH - Nittaku Fastarc G-1
BH - Rakza 7
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic