Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ITTF has sanctioned friction tests on pimpled rubb
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

ITTF has sanctioned friction tests on pimpled rubb

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
InvalidUserID View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InvalidUserID Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2019 at 10:31am
Originally posted by nachalnik nachalnik wrote:

I had people who told me I had it too easy so I would simply switch the paddles with them and beat them 11-0. Conversations tend to stop after that...

This is a misleading statement.  This is how smooth rubber radical extremists manipulate / brainwash the pips/defenders by saying that , if you are talented , you can play with any racket, which is the farthest from the truth.  Though there are only 4 or 5 basic playing styles, every single human is unique in the way they execute their stroke (mechanics) on their backhand or forehand and this manifests into billions of combinations of styles. 
Yes you can beat a player 11-0 using their racket but I doubt that player had the same rating as you (more or less) .  This is how smooth rubber radical extremists and hardbatters set a trap to get ready to brainwash you.

When comparing two players of different styles, you must compare players of more or less same skill (rating) levels , not compare a a 2750 player to a clueless basement player ?   Yes Waldner may beat a 2300 player using short pips racket but can he beat Jiang Jiliang with both using short pips. Conversely Jiang will probably beat 2300 player using smooth rubber, but can he beat Waldner with both using smooth rubber rackets.   

Bruce Larry & his worshippers used to use the same logic as his worshippers used to claim that Bruce Larry can beat a 1900 player using a scifi book as a racket etc. Actually I have even seen Bruce Larry switch rackets from smooth rubber to hardbat in the middle of a match (when that used to be legal upto about 15 or so years ago)

Every single human has a unique playing style & they need to design a racket / rubber that as closely matches their unique playing style. An amatuer player can NEVER achieve that 100% and trying to do that is half the fun for most amatuer players.   (On the other hand nothing is more stupid than trying force your style to match that of a professional player (just because you admire their style) by trying to buy rubbers / blades just like them...........while the simple fact you don't know is that even if the brand name of blade / rubber says the same as , theirs is different in that the blade is customized in some way ( of course the manufacturer or pro player cannot admit to this)  & the rubbers are hand picked for them)) .

This is why you should never take the bait from smooth rubber radical extremists or hardbatters. They want you to prove to them that you can be just a clone of them.............YOU  have to try to prove to them that  you are worthy of their love & admiration in their warped sense of realty & fairness in their twisted world .  But you are not. You are a unique human being with your own unique style.   When they try to bait you, the proper answer is "No thank you, you play your best with your own unique style & unique racket I play my best with my unique style matching unique racket"  

Edited by InvalidUserID - 09/02/2019 at 8:17am
Sponsored Links

igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2019 at 11:55am
Most of the common populacy are known to use a sole pimplles sheet for years, without refreshing . No way is it good for making profits.
The business sharks needing for the friction test as hell.   
Jackcerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackcerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2019 at 7:34am
in Italy we have the bat tester for frictionless pips

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InvalidUserID Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2019 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by Jackcerry Jackcerry wrote:

As I said before (& many many times) these are strategies & techniques developed by  smooth rubber radical extremists to terrorize the second class citizens of table-tennis (pips/defenders) .........that is impose maximum possible visual & mechanical inspection with no associated fair chemical inspection.

If I was playing in Italy, I would first ask them to show me a chemical test equipment that will test for reasonable combinations of VOC compounds (if not all) for speed glue AND boosters , even those could be in millions BEFORE I would submit my racket to ANY sort of visual or mechanical inspection.    

Then again, this would never happen because pips / defenders are spineless cowards (with no self-esteem) who are willing to submit to all forms humiliations devised by smooth rubber radical extremists (who make up the majority of general council, and all special committees of ITTF) such as these to try to prove in vain that they (pips /defenders) are worthy of love & admiration of smooth rubber radical extremists ..................while the simple fact remains that there are 10000s of  glue cheats for every pips offender.  Keep in mind that ITTF claims (to get IOC funding) that NO form alteration of the rubber (sponge and or top sheet) is allowed as of from 10 years ago.  The original problem started with the  failed Aspect Ratio change attempted at the 1995 Tianjin BGM which had to be tried by Dr.Rufford Harrision  because he had to make some peace offering to smooth rubber radical  extremists (for having the balls to try to ban regluing....which was of course immediately repealed due to politicians like Bruce Larry, super-radical extremist Lee Edwards Esq. who also confessed openly his hatred for (long)pips etc, who threatened to form their own association)  like Bruce Larry to keep his job, though this was Eberhard Scholer's idea (claiming there were millions of pips users who were microwaving there pips while it was probably less than hands on your finger) . Rest is history as the SuperSecret 1988 Durban Aspect Ratio "regulation" which Bruce Larry used to claim till few months ago (after 21 years) that it was a regulation. 

Also , who approved this testing gadget ? Did the Italian National Association approve this gadget ? Who are the members of the council of  Italian Association ?  Let me guess, the majority of the members of the (Italian) council are smooth rubber radical extremists.......well well well  what else is new   

Edited by InvalidUserID - 09/02/2019 at 8:11am
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2019 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by Jackcerry Jackcerry wrote:

[TUB]ZEGCMwGL3JY[/TUBE]
   SO FAR SO GOOD ....
Yes, this testing apparatus is now owned by an Italian commercial engineer Mr. Covini, he is a passionate supporter for supremacy of fair play in table tennis.

Be happy.

Edited by igorponger - 08/30/2019 at 4:05pm
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2019 at 3:51pm
Some beautiful poster, much like Chinese 大字报; dàzìbào, to be mounted inside for all the table tennis facilities and clubs worldwide. Quite emotional and suggestive, indeed.

Edited by igorponger - 08/30/2019 at 3:56pm
qpskfec View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qpskfec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2019 at 4:06pm
That ridiculous plastic contraption is not suited to measure friction at high accuracy levels.

If ittf is serious about measuring friction at events, professional quality, portable testers already exist. They should be evaluating test equipment like this: (easily found in 5 sec with an internet search)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0m3opqjS8s

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2019 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by qpskfec qpskfec wrote:

That ridiculous plastic contraption is not suited to measure friction at high accuracy levels.

If ittf is serious about measuring friction at events, professional quality, portable testers already exist. They should be evaluating test equipment like this: (easily found in 5 sec with an internet search)

Your advice is a great help. Thank you a lot.

Edited by igorponger - 08/31/2019 at 12:53pm
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2019 at 2:55pm
Invalid User from AZ makes some good points. I, personally, believe any and all rackets and coverings should be legal. Why not? To homogenize the sport into one playing style . . . two-winged looping . . . is terrible. That prohibits disabled, many elder, and other players from playing. In my case, I have severe nerve damage throughout my playing side that prevents me from performing the movement needed to loop correctly. Should I quit and try pickle ball? Nah, I have high self-esteem and still have the ability to throw a round-house kick. Weeoooo!! Try and stop me from using my racket!!

Edited by tommyzai - 08/31/2019 at 2:57pm
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
kuko61 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuko61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2019 at 10:20am

I agree. This device does not look very scientific. It looks like a child's toy.
If they want to measure friction, they should use a device, that shows the exact values of the friction of the rubber. And when they include a minimum allowable friction value in the rules, they can start penalizing players.
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2019 at 10:44am
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

That device measures static friction. ITTF regulations call for measuring kinetic friction. 
qpskfec View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qpskfec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2019 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by pongfugrasshopper pongfugrasshopper wrote:

Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

That device measures static friction. ITTF regulations call for measuring kinetic friction. 

Another 5 sec google search shows many kinetic friction testers like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbiEfWY6G3k

ittf obviously uses a friction tester for rubber authorization. They should be talking to the maker of this tester.

The first question the device maker would have for ittf is "What are your requirements?"
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2019 at 4:58pm

ittf obviously uses a friction tester for rubber authorization. They should be talking to the maker of this tester. The first question the device maker would have for ittf is "What are your requirements?"

Thank you again.   We are going to consult with the Heidon developer of Japan next week.   We need a light-weight instrument easy to operate, at affordable price, with a view to distribute those to all national assotiatons interested.

Edited by igorponger - 09/01/2019 at 7:24pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InvalidUserID Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2019 at 1:29am
Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

I have high self-esteem

The amazing thing is that I think you only need about 30 players (any players any skill level) & an attorney to bring a class action lawsuit against the USOC or IOC (I did not say ITTF or USATT) to have table-tennis removed from Olympics (or at least suspended from 2020 Tokyo Olympics) but the problem is that you can talk a big game in a forum but are you willing to walk the walk. ? But I doubt it because as I said pips players are just spineless cowards & act like they don't understand the oppressive abuse and won't do a damn thing. I am not going to get into why a class action can be filed against IOC / USOc but part of it a severely tilted playing field in favor of smooth rubber radical extremists, in gross violation of Olympic ideals but major reasons I won't get into here because there won't be even 2 pips players who would sign up for this. Oh well  

I keep hoping that there would be a pips / defensive players uprising against the ITTF just similar to how the smooth rubber radical extremists led by Bruc Lary brought the ITTF into submission in 1995 to repeal the glue ban. Obviously that is not happening.  But nothing would bring me greater pleasure than pips/defensive players miraculously growing spine and forcing the IOC to remove table-tennis permanently from the Olympics. Table-tennis richly deserves that for all the oppressive abuse dished out at the pips / defenders from 1983 not with 1 or 2 or 3 changes but 7 disgusting changes

Edited by InvalidUserID - 09/02/2019 at 7:48am
purpletiesto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpletiesto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2019 at 4:38am
Originally posted by InvalidUserID InvalidUserID wrote:

I have high self-esteem

The amazing thing is that I think you only need about 30 players (any players any skill level) & an attorney to bring a class action lawsuit against the USOC or IOC (I did not say ITTF or USATT) to have table-tennis removed from Olympics (or at least suspended from Tokyo Olympics) but the problem is that you can talk a big game in a forum but are you willing to walk the walk. ? But I doubt it because as I said pips players are just spineless cowards & act like they don't understand the oppressive abuse and won't do a damn thing. I am not going to get into why a class action can be filed against IOC / USOc but part of it a severely tilted playing field in favor of smooth rubber radical extremists, in gross violation of Olympic ideals but major reasons I won't get into here because there won't be even 2 pips players who would sign up for this. Oh well  

I keep hoping that there would be a pips / defensive players uprising against the ITTF just similar to how the smooth rubber radical extremists led by Bruc Lary brought the ITTF into submission in 1995 to repeal the glue ban. Obviously that is not happening.  But nothing would bring be greater pleasure than pips/defensive players miraculously growing spine and forcing the IOC to remove table-tennis permanently from the Olympics. Table-tennis richly deserves that for all the oppressive abuse dished out at the pips / defenders from 1983 not with 1 or 2 or 3 changes but 7 disgusting changes

Get back in your hole, you cheating, pips playing, second rate citizen.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InvalidUserID Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2019 at 7:44am
Originally posted by purpletiesto purpletiesto wrote:

Originally posted by InvalidUserID InvalidUserID wrote:

I have high self-esteem

The amazing thing is that I think you only need about 30 players (any players any skill level) & an attorney to bring a class action lawsuit against the USOC or IOC (I did not say ITTF or USATT) to have table-tennis removed from Olympics (or at least suspended from Tokyo Olympics) but the problem is that you can talk a big game in a forum but are you willing to walk the walk. ? But I doubt it because as I said pips players are just spineless cowards & act like they don't understand the oppressive abuse and won't do a damn thing. I am not going to get into why a class action can be filed against IOC / USOc but part of it a severely tilted playing field in favor of smooth rubber radical extremists, in gross violation of Olympic ideals but major reasons I won't get into here because there won't be even 2 pips players who would sign up for this. Oh well  

I keep hoping that there would be a pips / defensive players uprising against the ITTF just similar to how the smooth rubber radical extremists led by Bruc Lary brought the ITTF into submission in 1995 to repeal the glue ban. Obviously that is not happening.  But nothing would bring me greater pleasure than pips/defensive players miraculously growing spine and forcing the IOC to remove table-tennis permanently from the Olympics. Table-tennis richly deserves that for all the oppressive abuse dished out at the pips / defenders from 1983 not with 1 or 2 or 3 changes but 7 disgusting changes

Get back in your hole, you cheating, pips playing, second rate citizen.

Oh yeah ......how clever ?   cannot come up with something intelligent to say other than repeating what I said........how sad    

Edited by InvalidUserID - 09/02/2019 at 8:20am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InvalidUserID Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2019 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by purpletiesto purpletiesto wrote:

Let's never let this thread die.

I thought you would never ask.  Would be honored to continue to expose the smooth rubber radical extremists and their criminal ways until BAAL & Haggisv get upset with me and ban me 
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2019 at 8:07pm
last post proved you are a sock puppet 
MydasDiablo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MydasDiablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2019 at 12:22pm
Can someone explain to me why frictionless anti spin rubbers are still legal but pips are not? Seems contradictory to me...
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2019 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by MydasDiablo MydasDiablo wrote:

Can someone explain to me why frictionless anti spin rubbers are still legal but pips are not? Seems contradictory to me...

I was told that the frictionless LP's could produce an effect much like a rubber that had uneven wear.  Essentially it was claimed you could not be sure of the spin even if you watched the stroke technique closely.  This does not happen with frictionless anti.

Note: I have also been told by LP players that the above is not true.  I never played with or against the pre ban frictionless  LP's so everything  above  is second hand knowledge.

Mark
1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2019 at 2:07pm
My opinions follow, and may not be gospel, so take them with a grain of salt.  I have limited experience with both of these types of rubber, even though I have played some with them.  I'm generalizing here about a wide variety of frictionless products.

I missed most of the frictionless era, but from what I remember these pips returned a large percentage of the spin on the ball, so if you looped to them what you received back was close to the same amount of spin only the direction of the ball had changed.  So essentially if you looped with a lot of topspin, you got a lot of chop in return.  

Frictionless anti's seem to be more difficult to use, racket angle must be very precise and the technique is different from frictionless long pips.  That may be changing some with the more current anti's on the market, but I still think it holds true.  Because of the larger surface contact on the anti it will, generally, not return quite as high a percentage of the spin on the ball.  The contact patch being larger, it slows the  revolution of the ball slightly more.

All of this is dependent on the pips or anti used and the sponge under the anti.  They have made and continue to make strides towards better anti since the pips were removed.  They offer a similar although different play style.
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic