FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Coaching Rate Comparison

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
WangZiomin View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WangZiomin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coaching Rate Comparison
    Posted: 02/06/2020 at 2:02pm
What are the coaching rates (per hour etc) of various levels of coaches in table tennis in various countries / clubs etc ?

How does this compare to rates in other racket sports like tennis, badminton, squash, racquetball etc. 

TIA
Sponsored Links

liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2020 at 3:59pm
there are some 2400+ coaches who charge $75/hr for a beginner class smh...  most expensive i've ever seen
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2020 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by WangZiomin WangZiomin wrote:

What are the coaching rates (per hour etc) of various levels of coaches in table tennis in various countries / clubs
You can easily do your own research here! Go to club websites and they usually state how much they charge for coaching and some even have multiple coaches who charge differently based on level/rating and experience. I have done this numerous times when visiting other places on business. It does require you to do some work though.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2020 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

there are some 2400+ coaches who charge $75/hr for a beginner class smh...  most expensive i've ever seen

I've seen anywhere from $40-$95.  It's not the cost of the lesson, it's the value of the lesson.

skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2020 at 12:14am
TT hot spot:  $40 to $75 an hour.
TT cold spot:  $30 an hour.
Lightspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2020 at 12:25am
In my area it is about $65 per hour at the club.  If you want private coaching at your home, the rate goes up to $100.  One local coach has so many students he charges $130 per hour and getting a lesson is almost impossible as the coach is so booked up.  There are also a few cases of celebs/rich people paying more to various coaches but these cases are pretty rare. 
tabletenischicagocom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabletenischicagocom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2020 at 12:13am
Experior TTC  Chicago $20 for group lesson and $40 for private. 
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2020 at 3:34am
Originally posted by tabletenischicagocom tabletenischicagocom wrote:

Hi, I am currently retired from actively playing in clubs other that visiting every once in a while because the absence of serious group lessons. It is beyond my understanding that this is not more widely spread since so much money is left on the table: how many people like me do not play as much as they would because they can't get the product they want? especially adults wanting a structured environment to avoid the loons and time waste:

get in
group lesson around a given level
get out.

I am not moving to Chicago even though another 8 hours in a row at the Art Institute sounds cool: do you people still have the lady in red at a bar? I saw a poster in a restaurant once in the 80s and when I saw it in real for the 1st time in 1992 in my 1st vacation in the USA, I stumbled onto it by hazard as I was wandering through the galleries and the bright red exploded at my face, I felt so little.

ahem... back to business, I assume the $40 private lesson lasts an hour. How long for the $20 group lesson? how many people in it, how many coaches? As a customer, I'd feel comfortable with that price with 1 coach, 6 tables and 12 trainees for 1.5 to 2 hours: How far am I from what you do?

Thanks for your posts and videos, I always know I'll read or watch something interesting.

Edited by stiltt - 02/08/2020 at 2:14pm
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2020 at 12:17pm
fatt,

Our club here in Sacramento has weekly group lessons geared for the U1000 crowd, and for the O1000 crowd. That is a wide range of levels, but our sport has so many levels it is hard to get enough players in one club who are 1 level close to each other.

Our club's group lessons last TWO HOURS - it is 20 USD. Our head coach is very experienced at training warrior kids and does well with the developing adults too.

I do not take these, but infrequently assist. I am generally not at the club as early on the weekend at the time of these lessons. This isn't boot camp intense, but it is structured and more slanted for doing then receiving lectures. The head coach slants it toward enough action and discovery so that the players would be more likely to keep interest longer term.

Our club is not the typical USA club where a few hours of space at community center is rented or gifted for free. Usually, only a full time club could do that, but what the heck, even a part time club could do that one night a week if enough players want that.

Sadly, in USA, the great majority of players do not want structure, discipline, and failure that later results in increased playing level...

… most just want to play matches and play matches and play to try to win, not play to practice something that contributes to improvement down the road.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
pitigoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pitigoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2020 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by tabletenischicagocom tabletenischicagocom wrote:

I watched one of these group lessons two years ago: it was very intense, lasted more than one hour, and the weakest was at least 1900. Too bad it is too far from Northshore or I would look for some private lessons (as I'm unable to keep up with this group).
Right hand: Stiga Allround NCT (74g) /Rasant Grip max/Talon OX red (total 135g)
Left hand, 2020-1: Stiga Allround WRB (67g)/Fastarc G-1 1.8mm/V11 > Extra max 158g
Fitness Friendship Fun
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2020 at 8:07am
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

fatt,

Our club here in Sacramento has weekly group lessons geared for the U1000 crowd, and for the O1000 crowd. That is a wide range of levels, but our sport has so many levels it is hard to get enough players in one club who are 1 level close to each other.

Our club's group lessons last TWO HOURS - it is 20 USD. Our head coach is very experienced at training warrior kids and does well with the developing adults too.

I do not take these, but infrequently assist. I am generally not at the club as early on the weekend at the time of these lessons. This isn't boot camp intense, but it is structured and more slanted for doing then receiving lectures. The head coach slants it toward enough action and discovery so that the players would be more likely to keep interest longer term.

Our club is not the typical USA club where a few hours of space at community center is rented or gifted for free. Usually, only a full time club could do that, but what the heck, even a part time club could do that one night a week if enough players want that.

Sadly, in USA, the great majority of players do not want structure, discipline, and failure that later results in increased playing level...

… most just want to play matches and play matches and play to try to win, not play to practice something that contributes to improvement down the road.

This is a very fine contribution!

Thank you.

Donn
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
flamingmdn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flamingmdn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2020 at 2:41pm
65$ per hour here in Los Angeles.
Paid 17$ per hour back in Belarus, with ex-national team player and former junior national team coach; 10$ per hour with regular experienced players (I guess somewhere ~2600 USATT)
Gewo Sensus Carbo Speed | Vega X
banJunkRubbers View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote banJunkRubbers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2020 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

I am not moving to Chicago even though another 8 hours in a row at the Art Institute sounds cool: do you people still have the lady in red at a bar? I saw a poster in a restaurant once in the 80s and when I saw it in real for the 1st time in 1992 in my 1st vacation in the USA, I stumbled onto it by hazard as I was wandering through the galleries and the bright red exploded at my face, I felt so little.

There is a bar called Redhead Piano Bar.  Not sure that's what you mean.

Edited by banJunkRubbers - 02/09/2020 at 2:49pm
pitigoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pitigoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2020 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by banJunkRubbers banJunkRubbers wrote:

There is a bar called Redhead Piano Bar.  Not sure that's what you mean.

Yes, the painting was still at the Art Institute of Chicago in October.
Right hand: Stiga Allround NCT (74g) /Rasant Grip max/Talon OX red (total 135g)
Left hand, 2020-1: Stiga Allround WRB (67g)/Fastarc G-1 1.8mm/V11 > Extra max 158g
Fitness Friendship Fun
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2020 at 5:39pm
Wei Wang, former US National Team charges $80/h in Los Angeles/Santa Monica

Edited by h0n1g - 02/22/2020 at 5:40pm
darucla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darucla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2020 at 9:00pm

I believe that painting is called "Nighthawks".  Very evocative. Art often makes one feel small.  I remember first seeing a Jackson Pollock at the Tate Modern in London. Demanded attention. 

BTW, I pay £20 an hour for coaching from a UK level 3 coach.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic