FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

TT Shakehand Forehandtopspin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VTTCphilipp View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VTTCphilipp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TT Shakehand Forehandtopspin
    Posted: 04/05/2020 at 6:19pm
Hi guys
Im currently working on developing a good forehand topspin because it is my favorite to use. I made a video where i played some forehand topspins. Can you pls watch it and tell me then what i am doing good and where i can improve

Vid:https://youtu.be/bfod5KHgDRo

With best regards
Philipp

Sponsored Links

Giant dwarf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Giant dwarf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2020 at 6:25pm
if i may it look quite oke, point to work on maybe is relexing your arm en incorporating your elbow in your stroke,also i am not sure if you did this but your hands looked quite tense try relexing them this wil improve control 
mickd View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2020 at 1:32am
Hello and welcome to the forum! Looks like you've got a good foundation to work with! I'd also recommend relaxing before and after the stroke.

Also, try not to jump around too much. Footwork is great for getting into position, but you shouldn't be jumping into the shots so much. I think the amount you had in the first part before you started adding power was plenty. Try to rely more on the rotation from your legs and hips to generate the power.

Here is a video of Ma Long and his flawless technique. He's doing footwork here but the idea is the same:

Keep up the good work and keep posting!
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2020 at 7:06pm
Not bad for technical, maybe holding your hand in salute position a bit long
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2020 at 8:17pm
Right now you have pretty strong weight transfer/hip rotation which is of course the most important aspect of the loop. However, there seems to be a lot of stiffness in the upper body. Try to relax and move them to "unlock" their power. Having a more fluid stroke not only increases power output but also makes you better able to adjust to different spins and speeds. 
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
VTTCphilipp View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VTTCphilipp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2020 at 2:32pm
hey smackman,

what do you mean with hand alute to long. Do you mean that my arm movement is to long?
pingpongpaddy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongpaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2020 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by VTTCphilipp VTTCphilipp wrote:

Hi guys
Im currently working on developing a good forehand topspin because it is my favorite to use. I made a video where i played some forehand topspins. Can you pls watch it and tell me then what i am doing good and where i can improve

Vid:https://youtu.be/bfod5KHgDRo

With best regards
Philipp

hi Phillip
you have quite a good idea of the fh but there are a couple of things wrong.

1.table tennis is a fast game. your stroke is too long. remember ball only hits racket for a fraction of a second. After its gone your racket should recover to ready asap
2, practice SLOWLY not faster and faster..
3. google "PingSkills forehand counterhit lesson" Pingskills has some great free lessons
good luck

Edited by pingpongpaddy - 05/03/2020 at 3:22am
inactive dotec carbokev

yin he galaxy 1 p
ly

FH moristo sp AX MAX

bh moristo sp ax max
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic