Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Nexy Joo Se Hyuk: first impression review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nexy Joo Se Hyuk: first impression review
    Posted: 10/30/2021 at 11:13am

Previous blade : 3years of curlp4 1.0-1.3 and fastarc G1 on sword 309(9plies)
Testing blade Nexy JSH fl 81g with exactly same rubber setup

Nexy promotion video with JSH claimed this blade was made for better offensive ability. Its a 7 plies. 
Thin outercore, thick 2nd layer and thin 3 pliescore. The handle is difference from previous nexy production but resemble Chinese made blade.Slim and thin. Im quite sure its come from Chinese factory with great qc and furnish.

First hand on warm up rally. Its quite different from various def blade in the market eg. famous victas or bty JSH lines. Its lack of classic wobbler and dullness we usually find in def blades(not thin and flexy). It is even thicker than 309. I rated it All not Def. It produces good feedback. Its quite soft outer and harder second core rather than hard outer and soft core like some def blade(from my PoV). Its not crazily head heavy. 

Looping and drive : Good catch up feeling and really solid, high spin rotation and landing was deep. It was not dull at all and quite resilient. It could be on par with off- blade like primorac classic, violin. Quite faster than classic chop blades. A little slower than BTY JSH. More spring than 309 but overall speed is quite the same but I need more effort with 309 with that speed.

Short game with pips : controllable, pips effect still there. I cannot provide how it plays with ox pip with less friction because I purposely made this set up for all round push and chopping game and it suits the purpose. 

Pip attack : nothing to review, its practically on average of what LP can do which is the annoying flat ball.

Chopping : on par with famous chopping blades, it provide good feedback and a control that can generate and manipulate spin. Practice partner said the trajectory usually low when i meant to be low. It somehow lack of power when emergency chop was need to be engaged at the crucial moment, i had to add more power to emergency short stroke chop to make it happen. 

Conclusion
Nexy usually position itself on a niche market, but became more popular during past years.
JSH blade is going to be popular soon among defenders. It provides adequate control, speed and power for both defensive and without a drawback in attack compartment. It also provide a lot of positive vibration feedback as Nexy blade usually do. Coming from 309, there is no major adjustment in technique and im going to stick with JSH for a while.

This blade is for chopper who need more versatility on attacking and more maneuverbility.
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
Sponsored Links

achoomai View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote achoomai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2021 at 9:39pm
Thanks for the review :o)
This blade will be the first Nexy blade to be introduced formally to Thailand market. More to come next year.

Edited by achoomai - 10/30/2021 at 9:41pm
My feedback : http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=58844&PN=1#726094
WisePsy24 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WisePsy24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2021 at 1:55pm
Hello, where can I buy it? I live in Italy. Thank you.
Rinforzando View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rinforzando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2021 at 5:09pm
http://nexyttstore.com/blade/753-joo-sae-hyuk.html

Here you go :)

Edited by stiltt - 07/30/2022 at 4:26pm
Blade: Nblades power plant 1 ply Hinoki
FH: Rallys Redmonkey
BH: Spinlab Vortex 2
scdit46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scdit46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2022 at 8:09pm
hi
Which blade is more faster, VMKO or Nexy JSH? And Nexy JSH or Butterfly Defence pro?
scdit46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scdit46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2022 at 11:27am
JSH makes a blade for Nexy brand based on his game... and after a few months he retired.

bad impression
dajdosta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dajdosta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2022 at 2:00pm
Yup, if Timo Boll retires everybody throw away their TB ALC immediately because that blade is no good anymore.
scdit46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scdit46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2022 at 3:56pm
TB ALC is made several years ago

JSH was a long time without playing, he came back, made a blade for his game, and a few months later he retired.
scdit46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scdit46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2022 at 4:31pm
feedback of Nexy JSH?
scdit46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scdit46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2022 at 6:28am
which rubber is most suitable for Nexy JSH: Tenergy 05 or Dignics 05?
scdit46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scdit46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2022 at 6:21am
I have 3 blades Nexy JSH and all are very different in dimensions, weith and stiff.
I had never seen anything like it
azv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2022 at 12:09pm
I got a Nexy JSH a while ago and although it plays well, the feeling in hand while playing is horrible, it vibrates like you are hitting a gong with a metal mallet. I was expecting a very solid blade being a 7ply but it feels very hollow, same or more than some really cheap and bad quality blades
TSP Swat, V15 Extra, LP
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic