Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Review: Best Short pips on Forehand

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Toño View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toño Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Review: Best Short pips on Forehand
    Posted: 06/23/2022 at 10:22am

Today I share a video analyzing what we consider the best short pips on forehand, I hope you like it

Edited by Toño - 06/23/2022 at 10:25am
Darker Darker 7P-2A
FH Butterfly Impartial XS
BH TSP Cur P1 0.6
Sponsored Links

TwiddleDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TwiddleDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2022 at 7:54pm
Very interesting video. I have tried many short pips on the forehand using a 93 gram Clipper wood. I have not tried Butterfly Impartial. I always end up going back to TSP Super Spin Pips 21 max. It seems to do everything I need it to do, with the exception of consistently blocking very fast and low loops. I can brush loop heavy underspin with it. It does have a good disruptive effective when counter driving slower loops or weak topspin blocks. It also chops quite well if I am out of position to attack. It flat hits very fast.
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2022 at 7:42am
BTY tension SP are excellent but they don´t last.
I´ve had both Impartial XB and Flarestorm II. Out of package they are unbelievable, there are easy speed, spin and control, not to mention the nice touch. After 5 or 6 weeks it all vanishes, it looks like the sponge dry and became harder.
It should be labeled "40-days tension sponge".
Toño View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toño Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2022 at 5:30am
they are certainly pips in the same line, and depending on the type of blade or the player's own sensations, we adapt better to one or the other. I think impartial is a bit faster, but with a Clipper you more than compensate, is a great wood, but too heavy for me
Darker Darker 7P-2A
BH TSP Cur P1 0.6
Toño View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toño Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2022 at 5:51am
Originally posted by TT newbie TT newbie wrote:

I´ve had both Impartial XB and Flarestorm II. Out of package they are unbelievable, there are easy speed, spin and control, not to mention the nice touch. After 5 or 6 weeks it all vanishes, it looks like the sponge dry and became harder.

a teammate also used flarestorm 2 on the backhand and in recent seasons he has been with impartial xb, he has never told me about the loss of tension, I think he does not notice it, he only changes the rubber when a pip breaks, the pip does not break, it begins to detach from below and if you hit with that area the ball falls
Darker Darker 7P-2A
BH TSP Cur P1 0.6
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2022 at 9:20am
Originally posted by Toño Toño wrote:

a teammate also used flarestorm 2 on the backhand and in recent seasons he has been with impartial xb, he has never told me about the loss of tension, I think he does not notice it, he only changes the rubber when a pip breaks, the pip does not break, it begins to detach from below and if you hit with that area the ball falls
Maybe using SP in BH he does not notice changes along weeks, but I used SP as main rubber when I played penhold style. So, every shot was made with SP and both I mentioned undoubtedly faded within two months.
Toño View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toño Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2022 at 10:52am

Maybe using SP in BH he does not notice changes along weeks, but I used SP as main rubber when I played penhold style. So, every shot was made with SP and both I mentioned undoubtedly faded within two months.

I agree with you, on FH the spring loss is very noticeable
Darker Darker 7P-2A
BH TSP Cur P1 0.6
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2022 at 2:47pm
I prefer rakza po max for the forehand. Great power and is able to smash lower balls like after the highest point.
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2022 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by Skyline Skyline wrote:

I prefer rakza po max for the forehand. Great power and is able to smash lower balls like after the highest point.
I was waiting the OP to review Rakza PO and Moristo SP, two of the most popular SP... but unfortunately he didn´t.
1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2022 at 5:11pm
I played against a 2250 player who was very effective with Victas VO>102 on his forehand.  Really spinny serves when he wanted.  I didn't get to hit with his setup, so I can't comment on how they play or feel.  It interested me enough to order a sheet to experiment with.  
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)
Toño View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toño Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2022 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by 1dennistt 1dennistt wrote:

I played against a 2250 player who was very effective with Victas VO>102 on his forehand.  Really spinny serves when he wanted.  I didn't get to hit with his setup, so I can't comment on how they play or feel.  It interested me enough to order a sheet to experiment with.  

VO>102 It is a great rubber for the FH, and the VO>101 highly recommended for the BH
Darker Darker 7P-2A
BH TSP Cur P1 0.6
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic