Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help me chose new equipment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ivo Georgiev View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivo Georgiev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help me chose new equipment
    Posted: 07/26/2022 at 2:43pm
Hello everybody,

I would love to see your recommendations for a new configuration. I have been saving some money for a long time now Tand table tennis is really the only hobby I have that I really enjoy. That's why I want to put some time and consideration into this new purchase. I appreciate every recommendation, yet I would especially love to hear from people with experince.

I have been using Yasaka Sweden Extra + 2x Xiom Vega Europe (red 1,8mm black 2,3mm; I am not sure about this) and I have been loving it. I love the amount of control and precision it gives me. I am really able to put the ball exactly where I want it to go and manipulate it just how I want. At the same time I love the fact that I can spin, attack but also chop most balls with this racket.

Now that I have developed my technique and feel more comfortable, I have the feeling I could profit from spinnier rubbers.
This is where you come in play!

Could you please recommend me something with the same control and precision as the Xiom Vega Europe, but with more spin and optionally more power. However, control and precision are the most important factors for me and I would not sacrifice them for crazy amounts of spin.
Also, I have no idea of blades, so I am open to any suggestion that will pass to my wishes I stated above.
My budget is around 200-250€.

Thank you in advance!

Best
Ivo
Sponsored Links

oldttguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldttguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2022 at 9:53pm
Hi Ivo, for rubbers, you could consider Xiom Vega Pro (or Vega X if you want more spin than the Vega Pro). Rakza 7 or Rakza 7 Soft may be another good choice for your transition. These rubbers are harder and spinier than Vega Europe without having too much of a catapult effect, and should provide an acceptable level of control at a good price point. 

For blades, a 5-ply wood sounds like a good fit for your style, and Yasaka Sweden Extra is already an excellent blade. If you want to try out other wood blades, you could research Nittaku Violin or Nittaku Acoustic, both of which I own. These blades are a little overpriced, but they have great touch, and are a good long-term investment. Nittaku Violin offers a little more control than Acoustic.

achoomai View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote achoomai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2022 at 1:00am
Vega pro blade + Vega pro rubbers should be within your budget

Edited by achoomai - 07/27/2022 at 1:00am
My feedback : http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=58844&PN=1#726094
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic