Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help With The Holes in My Game

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2023 at 11:04pm
Hi Mark,

I am not sure about the best method, there are so many and they overlap. All have a common goal and players wanting to progress may receive information better when presented in a specific way, we are all different.

What is universal is that we can compartmentalize the game into strokes and insist on the transition between any 2 given strokes with the corresponging footwork as an accessory. It sould be the smallest component: 2 strokes in a row. e.g 1)fh drive 2)fh drive -repeat

Simplifying all the way down to the execution of 2 strokes with emphasis on recovery, footwork as necessary and backswing in between should be the very basic exercice. Then combining them gives more complicated drills but we can always break a drill down to a series of basic 2-stroke series.

A true tt practitioner should be a very good feeder over the years and possess a documented catalog of drills to feed friends, practice partners and students. 

To answer the main question, there is surely a combo that fixes each of your issues, it's all about finding somebody to feed you consistently the right drill to define. Such a feeder is rare and precious like the buddy with the LP who can chop JSH style.

Having a presonal robot is just plain obsolete to me now. It's more an injury maker. I will probably not own another one ever again after I sold my 2050 but I can imagine people renting some robot time at a club to fix an issue. Hopefully the drill is easy to setup or you get charged from the moment you start hitting :)

I hope all is well including deceiving pips and a truck running strong!

Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic