Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aramid vs Arylate

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ttaddict View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttaddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aramid vs Arylate
    Posted: 01/08/2007 at 5:17am
     I'm looking to buy a blade and have narrowed my search to basically the Timo Boll Spirit or the Andro CF Carbo/Aramid blade. I realize these are pretty different, but I'm really having a hard time deciding...
     I really dislike blades that are too stiff, and I'm an offensive/topsin player who uses a lot of arm/body motion with a long swing, so blade speed doesn't matter too much to me either. I just want a blade with good feel/responsiveness and enough dwell time for topsin loop driving play.
     I've tried various ply wooden blades from bfly and yasaka but have only tried one or two blades with carbon (didn't like the overly stiff feel) and no blades from Andro. I'm trying to move away from full wood blades because they have a bit too much vibration despite their good feel. Arylate and aramid materials incorporated into the blade supposedly give it good vibration absorption while maintaining control so I want a blade with this fiber. When I was browsing blades with only this material, though, I've read many reviews that the blades became too heavy and far too slow, so it seems like carbon with one of these materials is a good mix. I've read that Andro blades are supposed to feel very stiff, but I've heard that this aramid blade is an exception. And it seems like half the world uses the TBS and I've heard mostly positive things about its feel and control so I'm going nuts trying to decide.
     So what I want to know in addition to any personal experiences/knowledge is the amount of feel and the hardness of the Andro aramid/carbon and some general playing experiences or additional information on either of the blades. Thanks in advance... and sorry it came out this long but I've thought about this quite a bit.
     Oh, my current blade is the yasaka extra but I've played for a long time with synergy, dynamic 17, and bfly keyshot.
Sponsored Links

tatan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2007 at 2:20pm
go for spirit.after been played by so many type of players it still have avarage rating over 9 in most of tt sites.so it must be good.
1)ZJ fl(89 gm) fh T05 red max bh T05 fx black max
2)TBS fl(89 gm) fh T05 black max bh GKI hybrid gx red max
Rodey_Maggot View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodey_Maggot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2007 at 12:39am
try the donic waldner senso carbon, it's very effective in mid distance looping, very flexible also, speed is good but is more a control blade that anything
DONIC Waldner Carbon Senso
FHDONIC
Gallardo Power Sound
BHDONIC
Coppa JO Silver
ttaddict View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttaddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2007 at 2:45pm
I was looking through some donic blades and what do you guys think of the new carbo system series?

The carbo system off- and off particularly look promising but I hope that the are not too thick. The off- blade is primarily hinoki with carbon/kevlar fiber and from what I've read on the forums about hinoki blades they have great feel.
Rodey_Maggot View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodey_Maggot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2007 at 9:49pm
they're very stiff blades...
but they're are fast as hell, boy!

DONIC Waldner Carbon Senso
FHDONIC
Gallardo Power Sound
BHDONIC
Coppa JO Silver
patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2007 at 8:03am
get the carbo-aramid the feeling is the best of all the blades it has more feeling not stiff very good for looping and blocking currently the blade i am using now have tried timo boll spirit andro carbo-aramid has a softer feel and more controll.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic