Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cypress Special

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
stephen chung View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephen chung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2007 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by Adib Adib wrote:

Thanks Stephen Chung, so could you tell me the feeling RSM Athena Platinum(if u have it before)....today I test it and it feel very soft. I feel thid blade is good combination with my DHS H3 Provicial Version.

Adib,

You tested the RSM Athena Platinum? I have not try it before. It is always out of stock in Korea.

I have use TSP Dynam, Darker speed 90, KTS (red) KTS (blue), and my custom make butterfly.

Of all TSP Dynam is the hardest and I can't feel a thing. Darker Speed 90 is a bit too soft. KTS (red) is slightly harder than the new KTS (blue) the fell is good. The best is still my custom make single ply hinoki from butterfly.

The thing with hinoki blade is that you can't really tell whether is it too hard or too soft for your liking. Normally when you hit it on your head or hit a ball on the blade, a higher pitch means hard or lower pitch, soft but for hinoki blade is not that way. That is my experience when I bought my TSP Dynam. I try to choose a softer blade but ends up hard and my friend wants a harder blade ends up with a softer one.

As for kakotaku blade it is not very well receive in Singapore. I have seen maybe because  the of the price.Tongue
Blade: Butterfly Custom made 1ply Hinoki 10mm
Rubber: Bryce Hard
Sponsored Links

Adib View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2007 at 10:36pm
Yes stephen chung, I test it without rubber, I test it with hit the ball at the head of rsm. The power of japan penhold in head. Fast but not good in control like my TSP YAMATO-K, did u have test the TSP YAMATO-k??u should try it ever it was all round play but it very fast blade and good in block and push..
Blade:Nittaku Rorin 9mm,Xiom RSM Gold,TSP YAMATO-K 10.5mm
Rubber:Black 38 degree Hurricane 3 Provincial
Adib View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2007 at 10:48pm

Stephen Chung:

Before this I have used lots rubber like Bryce, Dawei Insprit, Sriver, Stiga Mendo Energy, Sriver EL and others but I love the H3 rubber for control and looping. Ever this rubber need own power to generate more spin and speed. This rubber also suitable for my bloking and push....And I more better playing this rubber than other japan rubber. U saying that its hard and too many fakes H3 provicial and national version, its true. anyway i have the supplier to get me the original H3 provicial version. This supplier always get from provicial player at china where the player is sponser by DHS. If you want have try, U can get from me. I have 2 new red rubber sheet with 40 hardness degree and 2.2 thickness. However, your country is also easy to get the H3 provicial since your country lots of world player. Thumbs%20Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephen chung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2007 at 7:59am
Originally posted by aeoliah aeoliah wrote:

Stephen Chung, sorry, it seems that my question is for you. How did you order a custome blade from Butterfly and what specifications did you ask ?

Well, I called butterfly japan but they woun't entertain you. You have to go through your local butterfly agent to do it.

You just need to tell them the shape you want. Like KTS, JPL, senko 5 ect ect. the weight you want.

Smile
Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephen chung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2007 at 8:01am

Yes stephen chung, I test it without rubber, I test it with hit the ball at the head of rsm. The power of japan penhold in head. Fast but not good in control like my TSP YAMATO-K, did u have test the TSP YAMATO-k??u should try it ever it was all round play but it very fast blade and good in block and push..

I am a looping player hard blade don't suit me. I have a friend that use yamato-k. But I find it too hard for my liking.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephen chung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2007 at 8:06am

Stephen Chung:

Before this I have used lots rubber like Bryce, Dawei Insprit, Sriver, Stiga Mendo Energy, Sriver EL and others but I love the H3 rubber for control and looping. Ever this rubber need own power to generate more spin and speed. This rubber also suitable for my bloking and push....And I more better playing this rubber than other japan rubber. U saying that its hard and too many fakes H3 provicial and national version, its true. anyway i have the supplier to get me the original H3 provicial version. This supplier always get from provicial player at china where the player is sponser by DHS. If you want have try, U can get from me. I have 2 new red rubber sheet with 40 hardness degree and 2.2 thickness. However, your country is also easy to get the H3 provicial since your country lots of world player. Thumbs%20Up

I have use H3 national and provincial version also. They are pretty good rubber but I find the sponge is a bit too hard lack of feel.  I still prefer Japaneses and German sponge.

Oh, I have try this new Chinese rubber. Sword "hero" 46 degree. Very nice rubber to play with. 1 of the few good Chinese rubber.
Adib View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2007 at 9:32am
Stephen Chung:
How much your buy ur CPL? I wish to get a good 1-ply Japan penhold from butterfly brand.
Adib View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2007 at 9:35am

Im also looping style playing.

???? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ???? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2007 at 7:22pm
those 10mm blades however good the quality must lack feel no, plus i can imagine theyre not flexible for doing quick shots, spinny shots etc... correct me if im wrong. It just doesnt make sense that when the ball hits a blade that thick much feedback would reach your hand.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephen chung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2007 at 1:33am

Stephen Chung:
How much your buy ur CPL? I wish to get a good 1-ply Japan penhold from butterfly brand.

Adib,

The custom make CPL cost me S$420.
Adib View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2007 at 1:36am
wah, it costs me about RM 850....really expensive blade...and how feeling the Bryce Hard, I try to getting the Bryce Hard and I heard it good control when speed glue it many time.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephen chung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2007 at 1:38am
Originally posted by ???? ???? wrote:

those 10mm blades however good the quality must lack feel no, plus i can imagine theyre not flexible for doing quick shots, spinny shots etc... correct me if im wrong. It just doesnt make sense that when the ball hits a blade that thick much feedback would reach your hand.

hahahaha....that is the beauty of hinoki. Single ply hinoki can do very good powerful fast spiny shots. But a lot of novice player can't appreciate it because they do not have the basic skill mastered.  It takes awhile to appreciate the single ply hinoki blade.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephen chung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2007 at 1:41am

wah, it costs me about RM 850....really expensive blade...and how feeling the Bryce Hard, I try to getting the Bryce Hard and I heard it good control when speed glue it many time.

I used to play Bryce hard on this blade. Very good powerful shots but lack a bit of feel. Maybe the sponge is a little too hard so is a little demanding on your skill. I don't play with Bryce hard when I don't play well that day. hat is why I always have a piece of Bryce standby.
Adib View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2007 at 1:41am
HAHAHAHAHAHA, it too funny who saying that the 1-ply hinoki leeks feeling. For everybody opinion, which one is more getting feeling in game, shakehand or penhold? for me, penhold its more getting feeling cause the grip.(correct me if Im wrong)
Adib View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2007 at 1:47am

Stephen chung:

This is what Im thinking, last time Im using the Sriver 2.1mm, I leeks in control and cann't generate more spin than my H3. But the way, my play style is atack on 3rd ball. Ever Im prefer the fast rubber but sometime or someday I cant control all my game due the fast rubber. So I prefer to H3 where this rubber more control and good in looping.

aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2007 at 2:48am
Stephen Chung, thanks for your info. Now I know the trick if I want to order custom blade in future.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

???? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ???? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2007 at 4:06am
I know hinoki has very good feel im not denying that all im saying is that however good the quality and feel of the wood is surely with such a thick 10mm blade the feeling would be very much lost by the time it reaches your hand because a 40mm ball even when its going very fast must have much less of an impact on a blade which is that thick that one which is 6mm for example, I've never tried a blade nearly that thick so maybe im wrong.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephen chung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2007 at 6:07am
Originally posted by ???? ???? wrote:

I know hinoki has very good feel im not denying that all im saying is that however good the quality and feel of the wood is surely with such a thick 10mm blade the feeling would be very much lost by the time it reaches your hand because a 40mm ball even when its going very fast must have much less of an impact on a blade which is that thick that one which is 6mm for example, I've never tried a blade nearly that thick so maybe im wrong.

Well, you are wrong. Like I said hinoki is different.
Adib View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2007 at 7:54am
Yap, u should try good 1-ply hinoki. Hinoki is special wood where the power most consistance.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephen chung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2007 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by aeoliah aeoliah wrote:

Stephen Chung, thanks for your info. Now I know the trick if I want to order custom blade in future.

aeoliah,

A lot of the butterfly agent don't know about the custom make blade you might need to talk to them a lot and them might find it very troublesome for them.

Wink
Wink
ryno View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2007 at 9:49pm
you should have posted on the forum you wanted a 10mm chiang peng lung.I can get them from my b fly guy for $145 .I think your sales guy scamed you cause that is a a standard blade in taiwan.It even comes without the printing on the frontside like that but the b fly box says 10mm CPL.I can also get cypress s 10mm blades and xiom athena platinums
Red Label Kim Taek Soo (83g)
Almana Sound Synergy Tech (max)
ryno View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2007 at 9:50pm
sorry
ryno View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2007 at 9:55pm
You need to be careful nowadays with some online places.Remember butterfly offers different versions of their blades in different regions.such as in japan they have the cypress max as where every place else they offer the kim taek soo they are the same blade.In certain regions they offer special blades depending on what is popular in that area.In taiwan j pens are very popular so bfly offers many of their blades in 9 and 10 mm such as the CPL,cypress and a lot of the senkoh blades.just be careful what you pay for especially custom blades from a big manufacturer unless you are a pro you are probably being lied too
ryno View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2007 at 9:58pm
also the link for that cypress special on tabletennis.tw is like 5 years old they never update their website.Do they actually still have any in stock?I know they haven't had that custom darker in the hinoki box for years but they still have it listed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephen chung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2007 at 6:30am
Originally posted by ryno ryno wrote:

You need to be careful nowadays with some online places.Remember butterfly offers different versions of their blades in different regions.such as in japan they have the cypress max as where every place else they offer the kim taek soo they are the same blade.In certain regions they offer special blades depending on what is popular in that area.In taiwan j pens are very popular so bfly offers many of their blades in 9 and 10 mm such as the CPL,cypress and a lot of the senkoh blades.just be careful what you pay for especially custom blades from a big manufacturer unless you are a pro you are probably being lied too

ryno,

my sentiment exactly man...Never buy such an expensive blade from someone that you don't know.

Tongue
Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic