FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

kreanga is the best player......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2006 at 8:33pm
schalger not tru man, in the chnz superleague Ma ususally finishes ahead of Wang in stands and head to head its just Wang plays better on the international pro tour
Sponsored Links

Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2006 at 8:41pm
I know it s not 9 out of 10 but he has got the grip on him...
Blade: Butterfly M. Maze Off ST

Rubbers: Bluefire M2 2.0
bigreddawgie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigreddawgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2006 at 11:19pm
nice lists sabito.
Sabito View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2006 at 2:54am

Originally posted by bigreddawgie bigreddawgie wrote:

nice lists sabito.

Thanks, I knew the info would be interesting for me and now I realize you like it too. 

wipwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wipwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2006 at 10:50am
Originally posted by Schlager Schlager wrote:

I know it s not 9 out of 10 but he has got the grip on him...

Many times when they play it is close, with the game changing as far as who is in control. Maybe Wang Liqin wins more overall, but it is not an easy win anytime he beats Ma Lin, as it is not an easy win when Ma Lin beats Wang.

They know each other very well.
thetuxedo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetuxedo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2006 at 9:03am

Might seem a strange question but: Why does Wang Liqin play so much better on the international pro tour, I mean in the fact that he so very rarely loses and he just oozes form and confidence.

In the superleague loads of people beat him, especially ma lin and ma long, but when it comes to the internationals he always comes through - strong and usually comfortable as well.

Butterfly Kreanga Carbon ULC:
FH - Joola Green Power Energy X-Tra 2.0
BH - Joola Green Power Energy X-Tra 2.0

TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2006 at 2:39am
Its because he can just play the same game over and over gain and dominate people with shear power and speed. Its not like Ma Lin where he has to plan every point in advance and only ever goes full power in the finals. By the finals Ma Lin would be mentally exhausted and Wang Liqin would be all warmed up ready to play his power game again.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
wipwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wipwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2006 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by TT_Freak TT_Freak wrote:

Its because he can just play the same game over and over gain and dominate people with shear power and speed. Its not like Ma Lin where he has to plan every point in advance and only ever goes full power in the finals. By the finals Ma Lin would be mentally exhausted and Wang Liqin would be all warmed up ready to play his power game again.

That is not even close to being true...

It seems like it is just mental focus. Perhaps the 3-set format is easier for Ma Lin than the 4-set. Maybe they just focus on different tournmaments with a different amount of motivation. The ITTF puts on BIG events, so it is hard to play those all year, on a grand stage, and beat all the same people. But if you watch, they both do this, it is just that in the end Wang Liqin ends up winning more in those ITTF games because he steadies his nerves quicker/better. It seems it is a little harder for Ma Lin to come back from some mental mistakes in bigger tournaments.

I would not say that Wang is just so much superior, and Ma Lin has to plan to win, COME ON, they are both top 5 Chinese table tennis players of the WORLD. Every point is planned, and then they have to react based on where the ball goes, because it does not always go where you planned, or where your opponent planned. This is why they train so hard all year, to be able to play their best against high-level competition.

If you watch the last World Championships (not team), you can see that they BOTH made it to the final, because they are so close in ability. Wang Liqin ended up winning that match 4-2, but you cannot just rely on the score and say he is ultimately better. Many times when they play it is close every set, and in that game Ma Lin had taken the advantage and was on his way to victory, and he decided to take a time-out. After that time-out he basically lost the advantage mentally, and Wang Liqin played great. But earlier in the match like I said, Wang was having problems, as the Eurosport commentator said, "he was choking", in the World Championships Final.

So you see this is not so easy to compare, they are extremely good and close in skills. I recommend you watch as many of their games as you can to see what I am talking about.

Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2006 at 4:26pm
I think I wrote this in another thread, but my opinion is that Ma Lin is a better player then Liqin when you only look at there playing abilitys. I guess thats why he wins in the superleague. When it comes to the big tournaments I feel that Liqin has better nerves, Ma Lin sometimes look shaky and taken by the moment. Still, they are so close that it all comes down to who is in best form on gameday...
The holy grail
wipwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wipwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2006 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by Speedplay Speedplay wrote:

I think I wrote this in another thread, but my opinion is that Ma Lin is a better player then Liqin when you only look at there playing abilitys. I guess thats why he wins in the superleague. When it comes to the big tournaments I feel that Liqin has better nerves, Ma Lin sometimes look shaky and taken by the moment. Still, they are so close that it all comes down to who is in best form on gameday...

Exactly , whoever makes less mistakes on that day wins the match.
ryu seungminfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryu seungminfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2006 at 10:42am
Originally posted by wipwoo wipwoo wrote:

Originally posted by Sabito Sabito wrote:

Sabito Qouted a lot, so I wont do it
Very fun reading, do you have any announcment for the FH as well? Or maybe the serve? Quite interesting to know what thoose with a trained eye thinks!

Ya...

Technically perfect, best placement, most mastered, most body-balanced Fh: Wang Liqin. (well you can actually deduce it, even the killerspin guys talk about it) I d add Best fh ever...

Best Fh-Bh against defensive players Kkreanga, Kostopoulus says that hes the only player who attacks with bh along with schlager spin-loaded backspin shots.

Most consistent FH in general Timo Boll, but its been said he has a big weakness when playing against players who make fh stroke fordwards like chinese players, in an interview he said he had to train exclusively on that in order to be able to counter wang liqin s fh topspins in the last world cup.

and the best penhold fh ryu seung min

well thats all I ve heard about fh...

The best server in the world: werner schlager, he has 13 different serves all loaded with heavy spin, just check his training video to look some of his..

European players have the worst foot-work. And I agree with it, at least danish players look unconfortable.

what?? best penhold fh Ryu Seung Min??

All you have to do is watch Ma Lin to see that nobody using penhold grip can control the ball like he can.... period.

I would say for whatever reason you choose Ryu for best, Ma Lin can do the very same thing, and probably better. After all, he is the world s HIGHEST ranked Penholder, with Wang Hao right behind. Plus, Ma Lin actually beats Wang Liqin, something that Ryu is trying very hard to accomplish.

I respect all opinions, but this just doesn t seem right at all...

All you have to do is watch the matches and training to see this.

i think they say that because his fh has a lot of power, more than ma lin, in terms of speed. spin i wouldn t deny ma lin has more. but in terms of power ryu should have more

blade:kokutaku super
rubber:xiom omega 3
right hander

nothing without labour
paracite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paracite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2006 at 2:12pm
Kim Taek Soo too. Since jpen generally is more of a power grip compared to cpen.

wipwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wipwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2006 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by ryu seungminfan ryu seungminfan wrote:

Originally posted by Sabito Sabito wrote:

Sabito Qouted a lot, so I wont do it
Very fun reading, do you have any announcment for the FH as well? Or maybe the serve? Quite interesting to know what thoose with a trained eye thinks!

Ya...

Technically perfect, best placement, most mastered, most body-balanced Fh: Wang Liqin. (well you can actually deduce it, even the killerspin guys talk about it) I d add Best fh ever...

Best Fh-Bh against defensive players Kkreanga, Kostopoulus says that hes the only player who attacks with bh along with schlager spin-loaded backspin shots.

Most consistent FH in general Timo Boll, but its been said he has a big weakness when playing against players who make fh stroke fordwards like chinese players, in an interview he said he had to train exclusively on that in order to be able to counter wang liqin s fh topspins in the last world cup.

and the best penhold fh ryu seung min

well thats all I ve heard about fh...

The best server in the world: werner schlager, he has 13 different serves all loaded with heavy spin, just check his training video to look some of his..

European players have the worst foot-work. And I agree with it, at least danish players look unconfortable.

what?? best penhold fh Ryu Seung Min??

All you have to do is watch Ma Lin to see that nobody using penhold grip can control the ball like he can.... period.

I would say for whatever reason you choose Ryu for best, Ma Lin can do the very same thing, and probably better. After all, he is the world s HIGHEST ranked Penholder, with Wang Hao right behind. Plus, Ma Lin actually beats Wang Liqin, something that Ryu is trying very hard to accomplish.

I respect all opinions, but this just doesn t seem right at all...

All you have to do is watch the matches and training to see this.

i think they say that because his fh has a lot of power, more than ma lin, in terms of speed. spin i wouldn t deny ma lin has more. but in terms of power ryu should have more

I wouldn t agree at all. You must look at what equipment they use if you are going to correctly judge everything. The smaller racket design of the Korean penholders is designed for speed, so naturally it will look like he has more power. Ryu is very good and constantly getting better, but he just does not have the control, or power that Ma Lin has. So everyone understands what I mean, when I say power I mean how hard a person could physically strike a ball while keeping it in play.
paracite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paracite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2006 at 7:23pm

I wouldn t agree at all. You must look at what equipment they use if you are going to correctly judge everything. The smaller racket design of the Korean penholders is designed for speed, so naturally it will look like he has more power. Ryu is very good and constantly getting better, but he just does not have the control, or power that Ma Lin has. So everyone understands what I mean, when I say power I mean how hard a person could physically strike a ball while keeping it in play.

I would call that consistency rather than power. I definitely see power in Ma Lin s forehand, but I don t see the amount that jpen can do compared to cpens. I m not talking about control though. More as power and speed.

wipwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wipwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2006 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by paracite paracite wrote:

I would call that consistency rather than power. I definitely see power in Ma Lin s forehand, but I don t see the amount that jpen can do compared to cpens. I m not talking about control though. More as power and speed.

It is still power. It doesn t matter how hard you can hit the ball if you don t hit the table, that is what I mean. Ma Lin hits about the hardest while keeping it on the table. Now if Ryu s racket makes the ball go faster because of the design then that is something different. When I say Power, I mean how hard you connect with the ball, with or without a "speed" racket.

There is no question that Ryu plays very fast, but he is no different than the other top Korean penholders really... he is just better

Lee Jung Woo can also have a fast forehand because of his racket.

Ahh, anyway, this has gotten off the point.

Ryu is good yes, but when comparing his forehand against top players, and in top matches against Ma Lin s.. it doesn t come out number 1.

Ma Lin just has too much skill and experience. He has much better control, much better spin, and in my opinion he has just as much power as Ryu, if not worlds more.

Wang Hao is also great, and right behind Ma Lin in the ITTF ranking.

If anyone makes the call for best forehand of a penholder, it would more likely be one of those 2.

In the past maybe someone like Peng-Lung Chiang, or Kim Taek Soo, but today Ma Lin, Wang Hao, and Ryu are tops.
sverige View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sverige Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2006 at 8:30am
Originally posted by goldberg goldberg wrote:

a year ago....i try to copy kreanga backhand

http://www.butterfly-world.com/newsletter/butterfly-news38.pdf

http://www.butterfly-world.com/newsletter/butterfly-news37.pdf
Donic J-O Waldner Carbon Senso
Donic J-O Waldner red 2,3(bh)
DHS Hurricane 3 black 2,2(fh)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic