FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Hammond experience

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mqr 116 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mqr 116 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hammond experience
    Posted: 02/04/2007 at 11:07am

I began using the Nittaku Hammond max rubber sometime in the middle of December 2006 after reading numerous comments/testimonials about its comparable, if not a bit more superior, performance and durability qualities with Bryce. As to performance, i indeed found the Hammond to have speed equal to Bryce, and in fact felt that it can generate more spin on controlled shots (service and medium-pace loops). No question about the Hammond's power when all-out loopdrives are executed. I play 4 times a week on the average, and i don't speed glue.

But just 2 days ago (or just over a month and a half since i played with it), while in my practice sessions at my club, the Hammond suffered an almost 1/4-inch tear near the middle. No hitting the table edge or blade dropping happened. So it must have occured during game proper.

Hammond's durability has thus become a question to me. But I unfortunately may have just purchased an "exceptionally poor" unit of the Hammond. Its grip, however, is still very good.

When my Hammond totally dies out, I'll be going back to Bryce.

Same or different views from Hammond users will be appreciated.

Just sharing my 2-cents worth of experience. Thanks. Smile  

Timo Boll Tricarbon [ST]
Bryce Speed
Globe 979
Sponsored Links

wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2007 at 1:45am
Have you torn other rubbers as well?
Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Xiom Sigma Pro Red and Black
Butterfly Amultart
Tenergy 05 Black and Red 64
mqr 116 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mqr 116 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2007 at 12:10pm
This is my first time, wfwfitz. Smile
Timo Boll Tricarbon [ST]
Bryce Speed
Globe 979
wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2007 at 5:09pm
I have had rubbers tear on me before especially when doing counter looping drills but they were soft topsheets like Mambo and Torpedo.  Also I reglue and I found out that sometimes when rolling the rubber I was stretching it which made it easier to tear but you dont reglue so my cases dont apply.
I used Hammond (speedglued) for a while and did not tear it, so it could be that you just caught a weak spot the right way but Hammond is generally a durable rubber.
Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Xiom Sigma Pro Red and Black
Butterfly Amultart
Tenergy 05 Black and Red 64
PongPong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PongPong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/05/2007 at 7:58pm
I had the same experience with Donic F1 Red Max, the old version. I also had some air bubbles with my Tibhar Rapid D. Tech. I am wondering if the built-in glue effect thing over-extended the rubber.
kmh888 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmh888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2007 at 1:10pm
ive never heard of tearing.... :x. well apart frm once but the ball was cracked.
Gatien Extra
FH: Hurricane Provincial
BH: Palio CJ800 Speed

Special thick glue
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic