FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ittf president's policies...?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2009 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by ibupro ibupro wrote:

Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

Hey, where do you live? LOL

I m not telling.

LOL

Hey, EDITED.

For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
Sponsored Links

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2009 at 6:41pm

Hey, where do you live? LOL

I m not telling.

LOL

Hey, let s get together and smack the ball around sometime. We can draw a picture of whoever makes the rules at the ITTF on it with a Sharpie and practice our loop drives and smashes!! Oh, I am part of the problem!

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2009 at 6:43pm

. . . at least I d be helping to stimulate the economy. I buy a ticket, rent a car and hotel, visit another member, we both pay hospital expenses, I put up bail money, get a lawyer, pay court fees, etc.
Can t you see I m doing what I can to help bail us out?

Yes, Tommy, we can see that you helping us with every little click of your mouse Big%20smile

Still, if you guys do not intend to get back to relevant questions, how about I freeze this thread for a few days... what do you say?
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2009 at 6:45pm
And I also have moderated the thread s type and name...

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2009 at 6:45pm
Jim T,
The only useful thing I learned in HS was typing. At over 100 WPM I can do a lot of damage here. Personally, I think this whole post should be tossed in the scrap heap, but then we go down the dangerous path of censoring.
ibupro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibupro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2009 at 6:47pm
I think it would be better to wait than to proceed presumptuously. 
I do not think that provocative posts from mods are helpful. 
I think editing or deleting posts and sending pms without argumentative posts from mods would be much better.

Talk to Swiffers, he might have some grand ideas about moderating this forum.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2009 at 6:47pm

Jim T,
The only useful thing I learned in HS was typing. At over 100 WPM I can do a lot of damage here. Personally, I think this whole post should be tossed in the scrap heap, but then we go down the dangerous path of censoring.

This is indeed a fine line we are walking here... on some other forums I frequent, this entire thread would have been heavily edited and very likely closed by now.

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2009 at 6:47pm

. . . I didn t light it. :-).

But you threw fuel on the fire, not very mod like. 

Brotherhood, community etc.

Give it a rest before I take off the badge.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2009 at 6:53pm

I think editing or deleting posts and sending pms without argumentative posts from mods would be much better.

I agree that mods should be more careful than your average forum member.

However, don t forget we are forummers as well, and we are free to post our opinion on the topic we are discussing here.

I still think we should suspend this for the time being but on the other hand I don t wanna be a harda$$... what to do, what to do...?

I know!

Let s go back to discussing whether ITTF s policies are still hurting our beloved sport - and this time let s refrain from yelling bad words and throwing feces at Sharara or at each other...

jphillips348 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jphillips348 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2009 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

I agree that mods should be more careful than your average forum member.

However, don t forget we are forummers as well, and we are free to post our opinion on the topic we are discussing here.

I still think we should suspend this for the time being but on the other hand I don t wanna be a harda$$... what to do, what to do...?

I know!

Let s go back to discussing whether ITTF s policies are still hurting our beloved sport - and this time let s refrain from yelling bad words and throwing feces at Sharara or at each other...

i havn t thrown feces at anyone in anger in some years now.
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2009 at 7:22pm
"i havn t thrown feces at anyone in anger in some years now."

Sling it!!! BTW, what the heck is this post about anyway?
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2009 at 7:22pm
"i havn t thrown feces at anyone in anger in some years now."

Sling it!!!

If we don t like the ITTF policies, what s the best way to induce change?
redbull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redbull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2009 at 8:19am

More clarification is needed, where this guy is going is not yet certain.

I was just trying to bring my contribution to reveal the mistery linked with Mr. Sharara s nationality, though I thought about saying israeli instead of jew, but maybe this wouldn t have helped. Anyway I respect this nation for its great people with great inteligence.

Blade: Donic Waldner Dicon

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2009 at 9:16am
It s settled then... I hope.

And the last warning - if I see another post here with non-relevant mud-slinging or with "threats" etc, it will be edited or deleted.

Thank you and have a great day.

tiburon74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiburon74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2009 at 5:50am
i think that youre forgetting something important, that the people of every country want to see winner athlets, i live on mexico, and like almost all the latinamerican countries the soccer is the ruling sport, mexicans, like brasilians, argentinians, colombians etc, they go to the streets to celebrate their winnings on soccer like the americans do with they football or baseball teams, so here in latinamerica do you think the people want to see table tennis on the tv if they can see a national soccer team match, or a local league match or an european champions league match?? i dont think so, why table tennis never will be on tv on united states??, because six pack joe likes more to see tiger woods winning on golf or the worlds strongest man, because of the ten contestants 6 are americans or the nascar racing, because most of the drivers are americans, or billiards and poker tournaments theres a lot of americans to, instead of see two asians, or two europeans, or an asian vs. and european in front of a table hitting a thiny ball, when table tennis is going to be popular in US?, well, the day when an american is on a world championship or olympic final, maybe that day table tennis is going to be popular on US, because six pack joe will see an american with a chanse for win something.
And Adam, our "great" ITTF president, i am surprised that youre not informed about the fact that table tennis is the most popular racket sport on the world, or maybe you didnt look the ITTF page on the article that the last year the ITTF page was the third most visited of all the sports federation pages, just down of the soccer federation page and the profesional tennis players association page, so make changes to made the sport more popular???? i got a notice for you, TABLE TENNIS IS POPULAR SPORT AROUND THE WORLD. Just is not popular on the US, and the US is not the world.
1 Ply Hinoki Club

Darker Speed 90
Tenergy 05
porrotu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porrotu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2009 at 9:15am
I m personally a chopper so anything that slows down the game for me is welcomed. But its not fair for almost 80% of the table tennis players.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic