Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Globe 999 with black sponge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ttrubberman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrubberman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Globe 999 with black sponge
    Posted: 04/08/2009 at 1:30pm
A combination of spin and speed.

http://www.ttrubberman.com
Sponsored Links

beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2009 at 1:57pm
did you just throw that together? Im interested.. very.
minicd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minicd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2009 at 3:44pm
bump
rossicarbon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossicarbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2009 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by ttrubberman ttrubberman wrote:

A combination of spin and speed.

http://www.ttrubberman.com

hmmm.. thanks for the gift!!  LOLLOLLOLLOL
ffx-me View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ffx-me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2009 at 9:24pm
so what did you just put it on the haifu blue whale sponge?
-Primorac 2000, 802 + globe 999 quattro
-Korbel, Cream MRS + 802-40

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrubberman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2009 at 10:36pm
This is not the same sponge as Haifu Whale II, this black sponge is made in Japan.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2009 at 10:37pm
how fast is it in comparison?
bogeyhunter View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogeyhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2009 at 11:39pm
Price?
www.NexyUSA.com
We also carries Sauer & Tröger.
Lissom O+EASY P 1mm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_65FLO2Lneo
https://youtu.be/YgYFPJCBCr0
https://youtu.be/NeHp789Lb1c
https://youtu.be/_65FLO2Lneo
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossicarbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2009 at 12:26am
I think it would  range between 25usd not including shipping. I hope that i m not wrong!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrubberman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2009 at 2:04am
The price is high because the price of the sponge is quite expensive.
charlesj View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlesj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2009 at 3:55am
hmmm... is that a new product from globe or is that a custom made product? and is the topsheet tacky?
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2009 at 4:51am
Is there anything other than the colour to make this sponge exciting? Sponge can be made in any colour with a bit of dye. I think that 'black sponge' is rapidly becoming the new 'blue sponge'.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2009 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Juan King Carlo Juan King Carlo wrote:

Is there anything other than the colour to make this sponge exciting? Sponge can be made in any colour with a bit of dye. I think that 'black sponge' is rapidly becoming the new 'blue sponge'.

I agree. I think people care a lot about sponge color.. a lot more than they should in most cases lol.

But im not gonna lie.. I'm a little guilty as well. You know how cool a blue/black sponge looks on my HK? looks epic! but i put performance first.. the black sponge is the fastest thing when it comes to replacement chinese rubbers. I play BW2 because its the best replacement available to stay reasonably priced, the cool black sponge is just a bonus. :)

But i dont know why this would be so much more expensive.
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2009 at 7:07pm
But this sponge is a different one though, so is it good also or just the same colour?
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2009 at 7:10pm

I just disregarded that, my apologies. Even if its as good, i dont see why it should be expensive.

ttrubberman.. how much exactly are you letting them go for? and how is the sponge compared to the BW2 sponge?
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossicarbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2009 at 5:37am
Actually, i bought that sheet of ttrubberman, I have tested it tonight. It has similar speed to whale but the topsheet is better as in more tacky. This gives more kick when you loopdrive, i have noticed that the version set up by using black sponge is low angle compared to the other version of globe 999. This rubber is not heavy, medium feeling but it as a good catapult effect. The sponge is about 42 degree but it is not as hard as the whale black sponge.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrubberman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2009 at 10:19am
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

I just disregarded that, my apologies. Even if its as good, i dont see why it should be expensive.

ttrubberman.. how much exactly are you letting them go for? and how is the sponge compared to the BW2 sponge?

I do agree that the price is high, it is because the sponge is made in Japan, the price of the sponge is as high as a piece of a beijing 2, I have no choice not to set this price.

Actually, I have no plan to put it in my rubber list.
charlesj View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlesj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2009 at 11:37am
Originally posted by charlesj charlesj wrote:

hmmm... is that a new product from globe or is that a custom made product? and is the topsheet tacky?

Could someone answer my 2 questions?

I'm looking for something more spinny and tacky than BW2 and Beijing2 to replace my forehand rubber...

The spin and tackiness of BW2 and Beijing2 still loses out to DHS rubbers.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2009 at 11:44am
this is probably a good idea than charlesj. globe999 is a tacky topsheet.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrubberman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2009 at 11:44am
This is my custom made Globe 999 with black sponge.

If you want a tacky surface with fast sponge, why don't you try the Kokutaku Blutenkirsche 868 Tokyo Super Tacky? I'm now using it, it's fast and very tacky, even more tacky than Beijing 2 and my factory tuned prov. H3.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2009 at 11:46am
what an interesting name. Kokutaku Blutenkirsche 868 Tokyo super tacky. That's quite the mouth full. Is it as fast as your factory tuned H3?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrubberman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2009 at 11:47am

This rubber is fast and super tacky.
Ciprian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ciprian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2009 at 2:15pm

Does it need speedglue?
Xi Enting
FH-Aurus Sound
BH- Pryde 30

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrubberman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2009 at 11:25pm
No speed glue is needed.
charlesj View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlesj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2009 at 12:32am
interesting recommendation, ttrubberman...

"Developed by Tianjin Tuttle International under the guide of table tennis experts in Japan"....hmmm...

Actually I thought this 868 Tokyo rubber is a rather old rubber?

Do u sell that super tacky version? and what hardness?
Actually I considering that new Darker rubber as well because I heard it is very tacky and spinny as compared to Hurricanes.
charlesj View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlesj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2009 at 12:54am

and are you sure its "fast"?... meaning faster than most old generation rubbers from eg. DHS and 729-08?
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2009 at 1:05am
whats with the pattern on the topsheet? And why are chinese rubbers and sponges misaligned? as in the edge of the top and sponge dont finish at the same point?
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2009 at 5:05am
Originally posted by bozbrisvegas bozbrisvegas wrote:

whats with the pattern on the topsheet? And why are chinese rubbers and sponges misaligned? as in the edge of the top and sponge dont finish at the same point?

Probably because it is custom made, so the sponge might not be of the same size as the top sheet.

As for the 868 Tokyo, I haven't tried the super tacky one, but the regular 868 Tokyo and a lot can be said about this rubber, but fast? No, I would disagree with that statement.
The holy grail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrubberman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2009 at 5:46am
Originally posted by Speedplay Speedplay wrote:

Originally posted by bozbrisvegas bozbrisvegas wrote:

Probably because it is custom made, so the sponge might not be of the same size as the top sheet.

As for the 868 Tokyo, I haven't tried the super tacky one, but the regular 868 Tokyo and a lot can be said about this rubber, but fast? No, I would disagree with that statement.

This is tensor version, it is different from previous version.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2009 at 3:49am

No speed glue is needed.

an old player wanted to sell me this rubber like 2 ,3 years ago, i thought it was fake since i never saw a black sponge
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic