Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Guo Yuehua - Chen Xinhua extraordinary

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
charlies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Guo Yuehua - Chen Xinhua extraordinary
    Posted: 08/11/2006 at 6:12pm
An extraordinary final of an Austrian tournament

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ID858P0X

have fun
Sponsored Links

paracite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paracite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2006 at 9:25pm
Yes! Thank you I love you! lol.

President JFJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote President JFJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2006 at 2:12am
That was the most entertaining match I have ever seen. Every point in the second game was as good as that famous Chen Xinhua point on Youtube.
Peace out.

JFJ
teonk View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2006 at 5:06am
It is really entertaining!
Gizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2006 at 9:46am
Best. Match. Ever!

Thank you for posting it!
pingpongkf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongkf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2006 at 10:49am
can't get better than this.

This is what you get frm CHinese legends.
www.speedpong.net
TT EQUIPMENTS: Nittaku, Butterfly, Stiga, Yasaka, Galaxy YinHe, DHS, Friendship, Globe.
tt-jim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt-jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2006 at 12:44pm
can you say me whitch tournament this is ?? year ???
The Geratest Sport in the World is......Tabletennis :-D

My Wood:Double Happiness MAGICIAN E 2 OFF
My Fh Rubber:DHS Dipper 2
My Bh Rubber:DHS Dipper 2
charlies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2006 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by tt-jim tt-jim wrote:

can you say me whitch tournament this is ?? year ???

It seems to be out of the year 1985 and it was in Vienna
sluskas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluskas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2006 at 4:46pm
is it a full match????
charlies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2006 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by sluskas sluskas wrote:

is it a full match????

nearly, it starts at 2:2 in the first game
sluskas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluskas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2006 at 5:07pm
oke
Gizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2006 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by charlies charlies wrote:

It seems to be out of the year 1985 and it was in Vienna

They seem to be using black rubber on both sides, but wasn't the two color rule implemented in 1981?
paracite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paracite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2006 at 1:23pm
It doesn't seem so. In later games, I saw in Chen Xinhua against Waldner he changed it to red black combo later. But I noticed that in this game he had both black sides. Must be because of rules not changing yet.

sielwolf View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sielwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2006 at 5:58pm
ah haha that was just great

funny how Guo hits with his whole body power yet his shots are only half as fast as of the players nowadays who play only with the forearm lol..great show as well.
joubtt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joubtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2006 at 1:28pm
I watched Guo vs JM-Saive and Saive lost bad and there's ~10yrs difference in technique.
JUIC Hybrid(Fl) w/999 Chinese sponge
JUIC Hybrid(Fl) w/Galaxy 9000
TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2006 at 4:06am
Hey, remember no speedglue. Ma Wenge was the first Chinese player to speedglue extensively, before him no Chinese player used speedglue.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
alink91 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alink91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2006 at 5:00pm
Amazing match, Im still watching game 2, but this match os the best match that I have ever seen. They break like every rule every 5th point. No words can descrive this match other than must wathc
alink91 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alink91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2006 at 5:04pm

Originally posted by sielwolf sielwolf wrote:

ah haha that was just great

funny how Guo hits with his whole body power yet his shots are only half as fast as of the players nowadays who play only with the forearm lol..great show as well.

well keep in mind, guo wasnt giving it his hardest. He hit his shots almost at a 90 degree angle do it wold bounce high so Chen could get it back.

surler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2006 at 4:15pm

Originally posted by joubtt joubtt wrote:

I watched Guo vs JM-Saive and Saive lost bad and there's ~10yrs difference in technique.

joubtt, do you have it in video clips? can you please share with us? many many thanks.

sielwolf View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sielwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2006 at 6:05pm
@alink91:
sure but it striked me as amazing how far the material/technique has advanced in such a short time, just look at the finals �93 Gatien-Saive, Gatien�s FH is so fast with so little effort, and now compare Guo...

Edit: and that was �93, the decision to change the size of the ball together with new rules for speedglueing doesn�t seem so wrong after all.
Gizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2006 at 9:03am
Originally posted by sielwolf sielwolf wrote:

@alink91:
sure but it striked me as amazing how far the material/technique has advanced in such a short time, just look at the finals �93 Gatien-Saive, Gatien�s FH is so fast with so little effort, and now compare Guo...

Edit: and that was �93, the decision to change the size of the ball together with new rules for speedglueing doesn�t seem so wrong after all.

Faster and spinnier rallies are also shorter. How incredible the ball control Guo and Chen had in that match, and simply more entertaining than the modern hyperdrive style.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic