Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

H3 Hard on TT11

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Leftstudio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leftstudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H3 Hard on TT11
    Posted: 08/20/2019 at 10:36am
Has anyone tried this H3 Hard? I see it on TT11
No signature required
Sponsored Links

YoAss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoAss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2019 at 10:45am
Riddiccullusz!  *poof*
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2019 at 4:49pm
it's likely just 40 or 41 deg
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2019 at 7:19am
DHS have changed their labelling of their commercial rubbers to just Hard, Medium and Soft.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
topspinschuss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topspinschuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2019 at 6:14pm
So what does that translate to in terms of degrees? 38, 39, and 40 degrees? Their domestic (Chinese) market commercial rubbers are still sold by hardness degrees. 
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2019 at 1:06am
I don't know what degree it translates to, but I suspect their readings were not accurate to 1 deg anyway. The ones in the local market are probably old stock.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Facepalm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Facepalm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2019 at 8:57am
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

I don't know what degree it translates to, but I suspect their readings were not accurate to 1 deg anyway. The ones in the local market are probably old stock.

Given the volume they would sell in China, I wouldn't really be too surprised if it were within 0.5-1 degree of the marking. Their production has clearly gotten pretty good since NEO first came out, as we can see by the fact that they release blue sponge and provincial/national grades to the public now. Wouldn't put it past them to have a durometer in their production process that tests and classifies sponges after cutting - shouldn't be that hard. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topspinschuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2019 at 3:41pm
I doubt given the huge table tennis market in China that the rubbers with hardness labels are "old stock." It's much more likely that the smaller markets outside China have old stock. In any case, it's already well-known that DHS produces different labels for the domestic market and international market. Even "newer" rubbers like Hurricane 8 can be bought with labels indicating different hardness degrees. 

In any case, my guess is that "medium" is 39d and "hard" is 40. In China you can get commercial hurricane anywhere between 38 and 41 degrees....so, much more choice than just "medium" and "hard". I wish DHS was better in the information department...so much about them is very nebulous. 
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2019 at 3:58pm
dhs used to sell neo rubbers without hardness labeling to global market
but now all shops on aliexpress have rubbers with labeling.
there are no non-labeling products left, not even at lower price.
and they sell those in 39, 40 and 41.

now think about what that means.
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2019 at 7:21pm
I'll ask them Tongue
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topspinschuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2019 at 8:10pm
Sounds good! Let us know what you find out. 
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2019 at 6:45am
According to DHS, they will soon start using degrees labels for export rubbers as well, as soon as they run out of the soft/med/hard labels.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topspinschuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2019 at 2:04pm
That's great news! Thanks! 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topspinschuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2019 at 11:04pm
I just noticed that we still don't know what "medium" or "hard" etc. translate to. Did DHS give you any answers to that? If they start offering actual hardness degrees outside China soon, then it would be useful to know what one has been playing so far (like "medium") so one can buy that in actual degrees. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic