Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

How do you clean your paddle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
zpinz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zpinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do you clean your paddle
    Posted: 03/24/2008 at 12:21am
Ok guys im having a problem here. I baught a new paddle, yasaka extra, its good and very tacky, but im having a problem getting my rubber to be clean. No matter what I do when you look at the rubber in the glare of the light, you always see little white things. It looks like someone used a piece of cotton while the rubber was brand new and tried to whipe something off. Does any one know how I can clean that please?
Sponsored Links

GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 12:25am
Originally posted by zpinz zpinz wrote:

Ok guys im having a problem here. I baught a new paddle, yasaka extra, its good and very tacky, but im having a problem getting my rubber to be clean. No matter what I do when you look at the rubber in the glare of the light, you always see little white things. It looks like someone used a piece of cotton while the rubber was brand new and tried to whipe something off. Does any one know how I can clean that please?

I use water and a piece of clean sponge.
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 12:34am
Use pure water and wipe with clean cushy sponge. You have to do this in between games to keep it clean.

The tacky rubbers absorb dust fast.
pongmaster View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 12:38am
use water or buy a cleaner, make sure the sponge is clean
Blade: BTY Matsush*ta Pro Special Arylate Carbon

FH:H3

BH:Spectol
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 12:54am
unless you're cleaning it in a clean room, you'll have a hard time not attracting dust particles...i mean, we're on the order of what? 10^18 or 10^19 dust particles in a mole of air?

point is, it's not going to affect your play anyway
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
Ginko Tai Kim View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginko Tai Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 1:17am
i dont use sponges i find it scratches the topsheet.
I use clean hands and water, if its dirty just rubb it more with your hands, and let it dry it the air. Normally do it with jap and german.
If i got chinese then its the same but i use a little water and sweat. The sweat softens up the topsheet.
I dont muck around with cleaners or detergents i find it kills the rubber quicker.

RE-Impact Hydra
Andro Roxon 450 2mm
Giant Dragon Giant Long ox
chu_bun View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chu_bun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 1:25am
I use water and toilet paper.  Readily available every where.
zpinz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zpinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 2:57am
Originally posted by gekogark1212 gekogark1212 wrote:

unless you're cleaning it in a clean room, you'll have a hard time not attracting dust particles...i mean, we're on the order of what? 10^18 or 10^19 dust particles in a mole of air?point is, it's not going to affect your play anyway
lol I think this might be why I can't get those annoying little white things. I mean don't get me wrong I do my best with the cleaning. I used a sponge with water, water my hands and sweat, and most dusturbing thing is after that didn't work I tried a little bit of saliva. Lol still didn't work but im guessing its just a little dust since I clean them either way.
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 6:53am

h20

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 9:56am
I use water sometimes but usually Tibhar Rub Clean which is really good and non-streaky.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 10:17am
I use water and brown paper towel between games. About once every couple of weeks I'll use vegetable oil.
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 10:35am
If it has some glue-remains on it and is kinda old then use spinmax.. On new rubbers, don't even think about using spinmax. It f***s up the rubber!

Water and your hand, or as I do: Breath on it and wipe it off (Ma Lin style)
Blade: Butterfly M. Maze Off ST

Rubbers: Bluefire M2 2.0
zpinz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zpinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 11:51am
Lol yea I use the breath technique also, but its not helping. And doesn't vegetable oil mess up your rubber? My friend told me its not good. The rubbers I have are reactor novar.
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 11:53am
you can also use euci oil to restore the tackiness.
speed_king View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speed_king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 12:03pm
I use Kanebo plas chamois with water, and its great! In past I use TT brands cleaners, but they melt the rubber surface! With Kanebo plas chamois + water = more durability of yours rubber!
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 12:05pm
tt cleaners I don't recommend them they dry out your rubbers!
zpinz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zpinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 12:07pm
Does it matter if you clean it between games or when your done with all your games. And what's your opnion on my rubber, you think those little white fuzzy things will mess up my rubber sooner?
Blade: yasaka extra
Fh:reactor novar 2.2mm
Bh:reactor corbor 2.2mm
ffx-me View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ffx-me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by chu_bun chu_bun wrote:

I use water and toilet paper.  Readily available every where.

No offence but that is a horrible idea, the particles from the toilet paper will only make it worse, use a sponge.  it doesnt matter if its perfectly clean youll never get it like that, for a tacky rubber check if it can still pick up the ball if so its fine.  During the game you can use the breath swipe to keep it cleanish
-Primorac 2000, 802 + globe 999 quattro
-Korbel, Cream MRS + 802-40
zpinz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zpinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by ffx-me ffx-me wrote:

Originally posted by chu_bun chu_bun wrote:

I use water and toilet paper. Readily available every where.
No offence but that is a horrible idea, the particles from the toilet paper will only make it worse, use a sponge. it doesnt matter if its perfectly clean youll never get it like that, for a tacky rubber check if it can still pick up the ball if so its fine. During the game you can use the breath swipe to keep it cleanish
this is exactly what I do. But about this sponge, can I use the smooth side of the sponge you use to was your dishes, or is there a special sponge that you need to buy.
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 12:55pm
I agree with ffx-me. Also I use BTY Rushawa Cleaner and the butterfly sponge.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
zpinz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zpinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

I agree with ffx-me. Also I use BTY Rushawa Cleaner and the butterfly sponge.
sorry, but no cleaners for me lol. This is only my first good paddle. Just don't want it to get ruined soon. And everyone that I asked says cleaners eat your rubber faster. And you guys should also know im only 17 with only a couple hundred bucks a week lol, so im trying to save up some cash to buy a good table. So I don't wanna waste a lot of money on cleaners and glue stuff like that untill I have a really good paddle and I feel I devolped some kind of skill. But keep the suggestions coming with the cleaners. If I find people say they work I might have a change of heart.
7plywood View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7plywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 1:16pm
Don't worry - cleaners are safe. Although usually not much more effective than water.
zpinz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zpinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 1:29pm
Lol if water is better why do people buy cleaners?
ffx-me View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ffx-me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 1:32pm
I do use a dishwashing sponge but I dont wash my dishes with it and keep it clean.  use the yellow not green side you dont want to damage the rubber
-Primorac 2000, 802 + globe 999 quattro
-Korbel, Cream MRS + 802-40
dalamchops View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 1:35pm
Foam cleaners tend to dry rubbers out. A Coach at a club i play suggest using a mix of 12 parts water and 1 part alcohol to clean rubbers. I personally just use water/sponge.
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
7plywood View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7plywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 1:58pm

Lol if water is better why do people buy cleaners?
That is the power of marketing.LOL
dimitris View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dimitris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by 7plywood 7plywood wrote:

Don't worry - cleaners are safe. Although usually not much more effective than water.

That is my impression as well. Plus I have used cleaners for some years in a couple of rubbers and they did not become more dry than expected, a five year old Mark V cleaned predominantly with a Stiga cleaner is still grippy. Foamy cleaners work well during tournaments, are easy to carry and after usage the projector plastic sheet attaches more easily into the surface of a grippy rubber than water, but as mentioned the difference with water is very small. Supposedly the cleaners should also repel dust, but for me that was not noticeable.
Darker Tanpan, fh 729 higher 2.0mm, bh 729 geospin 2.0mm

My for sale thread
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 2:41pm
hmmm my experience with cleaners have only been negative.
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 3:54pm
Well, it's fairly clean after I spank my girlfriend with it. But seriously, I just use a soft, clean, cotton cloth and some filtered water to wipe it clean, then let dry, and put the rubber protective sheet on.
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
peeweeman30 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peeweeman30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 4:18pm

Originally posted by gekogark1212 gekogark1212 wrote:

unless you're cleaning it in a clean room, you'll have a hard time not attracting dust particles...i mean, we're on the order of what? 10^18 or 10^19 dust particles in a mole of air?point is, it's not going to affect your play anyway
I used a sponge with water, water my hands and sweat, and most dusturbing thing is after that didn't work I tried a little bit of saliva.
'
Guys, Zpinz spit on my rubbers when I asked him to clean them. I told him to stop but he said "it works don't worry" and spit on my rubbers again to clean them. Lmao!! Clap
Blade: Stiga Allround Classic FL Master
FH: Reactor Novar 2.2mm
BH: Reactor Corbor PRO 2.2mm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic