Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

How do you read Blade/Rubber Ratings!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Whang View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2013 at 8:42am
That would depend on your play style. Sorry, I don't have time to read all the replies here on this thread, but if you'd like to pinpoint to me what your style is, I could give you comments with the equipment I have. (I put rubbers on a spreadsheet too before I finally chose one. Lol!)

I'd also advice getting a better BH rubber. Maybe consider IQUL instead of F3S. But if you have the luxury of trying out different rubbers for yourself, then why not give both a try :)
Blade: Yasaka Gatien Extra (Penhold)

FH: DHS Hurricane 3 Neo (Black - 2.15mm - 41 deg)

BH: 729 Focus III Snipe (Red - 2.10mm - 42 deg)

Weight: 168.57g
Sponsored Links

jatienza930 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jatienza930 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2013 at 5:20pm
Stiga allround classic + sriver or mark v Thumbs Up
BTY TBS FL
T05
T64

My Feedback http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=56638&KW=jen&title=jatienza930-buy-sell-feedback
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2013 at 2:04am
How do you read Blade/Rubber Ratings???

I read them and laugh my azz off.

I read the forums and trust many members' evaluations more than the manufactuers' ratings.

it is funner to read them too.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
PatrickL2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PatrickL2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2013 at 1:53am
Some general advice (seem to be useless but true):

1. You could look at the manufacturer’s rating at first glance but never use them as a factor in making the final decisions.

2. Even two blades or rubbers have the identical rating, they could give you totally different
feelings! 5-ply wood vs. 7-ply wood blades, pure wood blades vs. composite blades······ A lot of factors would influence the performances of the equipment (even the glue you use can make a difference). It is sad, but you have to really try a certain equipment to know exactly how it plays like. The good thing is that if you have a certain setup in mind and your friend or opponent happens to be using it, you could try it a little bit to give you an immediate impression of it. But even this could sometimes be misleading regarding some blades, such as STIGA or YASAKA blades, which have relatively large variation within the same mode. Good luck with that! Big smile If you have quite some experience and preference of the equipment, you would probably ask the seller to pick the blade with a certain thickness and weight for you (weight matters a lot!). For example, a 80-gram YASAKA Extra Offensive blade (I am using one and it sometimes gives you a "hollow" feeling due to its light weight) and a 98-gram YASAKA Extra Offensive blade (I have really seen such a heavy one! probably be much more solid) would certainly perform differently. I am not a fan of Butterfly blades, but I have to say their quality is usually more consistent.

3. You could often end up in disappointment when you want to find a "substitute" for a certain equipment. For example, many people like the Tenergy or Hurricane 3 National rubber but would welcome a cheaper substitute. Many of them could find their effort futile because what they used before is "
unique"!
AgentHEX View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentHEX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2013 at 8:15am
Where can you even get an allround oversize these days? I esp. want one w/ conical handle they're making these days.

Edited by AgentHEX - 07/16/2013 at 8:15am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic