Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

how good am I?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
mprzybylik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mprzybylik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how good am I?
    Posted: 04/18/2012 at 4:53am
What do you think, what the ranking could I have if I played tournaments in USA? I am coming in next week to US for 4 months and I would like to play some tournaments if I will have some free time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea6O0Op0xQE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3a_uNQtoLI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHKFj9zQ9MM
Sponsored Links

Rainer87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainer87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2012 at 9:05am
Which one are you in the video?

Edited by Rainer87 - 04/18/2012 at 9:05am
Blade: YEO
FH: Donic Baracuda
BH: Neubauer Diamant
http://www.youtube.com/koletis20
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2012 at 9:06am
Red one (if you view all 3 videos you will see) :)
Like to ask, what league do you play in? what is your rating in your country?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mprzybylik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2012 at 9:47am
that's regonalliga in Germany (3rd league) but it's semi professional :) I live and train in Poland and I am unranked cause i don't play tournaments but when I used to play, 3 years ago I was 25th in Poland. I wonder how I would be ranked if I played in USA? :)
ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2012 at 9:51am
I would say from your level of play you will do pretty well at any US comp. I'm sure I have seen you play somewhere else strangely I think in a UK training camp????  but can't be sure. Have you ever been over to the UK? I'm guessing a bit ....but i'm thinking you maybe play in Div 1 or 2 in poland so yes your ranking will be quite good! :)

Edited by ghostzen - 04/18/2012 at 9:52am
ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2012 at 9:57am
I thought it was you yes in that case yes you will be ranked very high as I remember you played in the European Universities Table Tennis Championships and came third some years back when Kirill Skachkov won gold. Maybe 2008 ish maybe? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mprzybylik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2012 at 9:59am
Once I run training camp in UK but it was in Norther Ireland, in this season I played against 2 english players David McBeath and Matthew Ware and both I won:)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mprzybylik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2012 at 10:01am
Yes you are right:) I won bronze medal in Ostrava, but I had not so strong opponents on my way :) heh
ejmeser View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmeser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2012 at 10:10am
Which part of US are you gonna visit? Is your name Milosz?
*Madridista*

My Feedback

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mprzybylik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2012 at 10:18am
Milosz is my first name :) Przybylik second:) I will spend 4 months in Salt Lake City, Utah 
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2012 at 11:20am
Originally posted by mprzybylik mprzybylik wrote:

What do you think, what the ranking could I have if I played tournaments in USA? I am coming in next week to US for 4 months and I would like to play some tournaments if I will have some free time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea6O0Op0xQE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3a_uNQtoLI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHKFj9zQ9MM

Oh man, you're Samsonov-lite! You should copy Vladi's serves for closer impression. Smile

I would estimate your rating is >2500.  Unfortunately for you, the highest rating I see in the state of Utah is <2200.  If you plan to participate in bigger tournaments in the U.S., expect to travel by plane to other states.
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2012 at 12:31pm
I'm just waiting for the 'you might be 2300' comment. You are US top 25 easily.
The Older I get, The better I was.
kickass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2012 at 12:35pm
yep you look 2500. If utah has only 2200 players you'll be bored. 
ejmeser View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmeser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2012 at 1:08pm

Milosz is my first name :) Przybylik second:) I will spend 4 months in Salt Lake City, Utah 

Zgubiles troche cielska :)

Anyways, I agree with rest of forumers, definitely top US level. Too bad I live far from Utah, I could use some coaching lessons from my countryman LOL. Have fun on your visit!
*Madridista*

My Feedback
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2012 at 2:01pm
Yeah definitely 2500 level
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2012 at 2:19pm

Closest towns for you to fly from Utah to compete regularly will be San Francisco and Los Angeles... Currently there are 21 active players in California with 2500+ rating, so you should have plenty of fun there.  Smile
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2012 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by APW46 APW46 wrote:

I'm just waiting for the 'you might be 2300' comment. You are US top 25 easily.

LOL!

This guy is pretty easy to judge and the videos he provided were actual competitions.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mprzybylik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2012 at 2:49pm
hier you have also game which I lost: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fxqR3SIvWE but this greek guy was very good, I lost against him three times 11:9 but during world championships in 2010 he beat Fedor Kuzmin from Russia :) (you can find this game on youtube). Thanks everybodyfor the answers I was wondering about the ranking because there is one player in US which played also in Germany and his ranking is around 2600 and his german ranking is lower than my one, the name of this player is Andreas Ball.
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2012 at 2:50pm
Why are you visiting Utah? Strange place to go. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mprzybylik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2012 at 2:56pm
I will be a coach during this time in Table Tennis Training and Event Center in West Valley City, near SLC
kickass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2012 at 3:13pm
 if you're in the US the next 4 months then don't miss the US Open. That's the venue to meet the best competition. if you turn out to be high 2700 you migt even win it. 
Zeus777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zeus777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2012 at 3:35pm
mprzybylik,

It looks like you're the highest level player who ever have posted on this forum.

Just curious, what is your German ranking ? Do you also have world ranking ?

dalamchops View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2012 at 4:06pm

hier you have also game which I lost: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fxqR3SIvWE but this greek guy was very good, I lost against him three times 11:9 but during world championships in 2010 he beat Fedor Kuzmin from Russia :) (you can find this game on youtube). Thanks everybodyfor the answers I was wondering about the ranking because there is one player in US which played also in Germany and his ranking is around 2600 and his german ranking is lower than my one, the name of this player is Andreas Ball.

Ball is slightly overrated. He lost to a 2450 player last wkend in collegiate nationals. Also lost to Jose Barbosa in regionals.
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
racquetsforsale View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racquetsforsale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2012 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by Zeus777 Zeus777 wrote:

mprzybylik,

It looks like you're the highest level player who ever have posted on this forum.

Just curious, what is your German ranking ? Do you also have world ranking ?

Oh...I think William Henzell might have something to say about that.
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2012 at 4:18pm

mprzybylik,

I think that honor goes to William Henzell.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mprzybylik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2012 at 1:30am
In Germany I am ranked on 193th position including all international players which ever played in Germany(all Japanese, Chinese, and other foreigners and Germans lie Boll and others). In World Ranking I am unranked cause I have never played pro tour but I think I could be around 400-500 positin, for example Barbolin who I beat 3:0 is No. 485... William Henzell is much better :)
Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2012 at 2:43am
Did you play Paul Freitag in your german competition? I played him once in an international tournament in Hasselt and well he was the best player in the tournament with 2 japanese national youngsters :p
Blade: TB ALC
FH: Tenergy05 2.1
BH: Tenergy64 1.7
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2012 at 5:39am

mprzybylik,

Ma Long also posted here

Edited by Imago - 04/19/2012 at 5:41am
GoldenDragoon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldenDragoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2012 at 7:29am

In Germany I am ranked on 193th position including all international players which ever played in Germany(all Japanese, Chinese, and other foreigners and Germans lie Boll and others). In World Ranking I am unranked cause I have never played pro tour but I think I could be around 400-500 positin, for example Barbolin who I beat 3:0 is No. 485... William Henzell is much better :)

You look good enough to at least give any good player a good game. Very nice games to watch...

I have seen a few Henzell videos and I got the chance to watch one of his matches in Sydney at the recent Olympic qualys... Its pretty impressive watching him in person, you see so much more detail to his game.
Blade: Nexy Spartacus FL 84g
FH: Evolution FX-P Max Blk
BH: Evolution EL-P 1.9 Red
johnny89atc View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnny89atc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2012 at 8:16am

Yes, Papadimitriou is very good, one of the best players in Greece... I also think that his team is first in the German league that he plays...
Blade: OSP Virtuoso-L RST 87gr
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 FX 2.1
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic