Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hurricane 3 both sides with hard and fast blade
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hurricane 3 both sides with hard and fast blade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hurricane 3 both sides with hard and fast blade
    Posted: 10/28/2019 at 7:46pm
Hi,

I have a spare Donic ovtcharov carbospeed blade. It is a hard and stiff blade very fast blade but with good control. I wanted to experiment with it by putting hurricane 3 40 on forehand and 39 on backhand. I am using this hardness cz these rubbers are the spare rubbers that i have at home. I will boost the 39 hardness rubber for backhand with 3 layers of falco to soften it up. And use 2-3 for the forehand rubber.

I am thinking that this combo would be good as the blade can provide the necessary speed and hurricane 3 can help with good control and spin.Have any of you tried hard and fast blades with hurricane 3 on both sides? Please give your feedback. I hope this experiment turns out great. Please give suggestions and share your experiences.
Sponsored Links

passifid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote passifid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2019 at 8:01pm
Can work. Great on spin, FH is as expected let's ignore that. 
Backhand works we at low levels and v high level. 

Low level: the short game with H3 is excellent and the natural tack helps with flicks and spin. 
The issue with it is the blade no where near makes up for the need of an active brushy stroke for most on the attack and blocks and punches are far harder due to spin sensitivity and poor rebound.

We have a decent mid level player at my club who uses this set up. He is mostly a pusher on the backhand with a cracking active smack on the backhand. Not good in a consistent topspin rally to the backhand but he isn't hugely mobile so has centered his game on tying the short game up and either winning or pushing the opponent back with the first attack
JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2019 at 8:04pm
I used to use Timo boll t5000 with h3... It is good but h3 is a heavy rubber so both sides might be on the weighty side...

729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2019 at 8:06pm
So you think forehand works great but backhand not so much?
Originally posted by passifid passifid wrote:

Can work. Great on spin, FH is as expected let's ignore that. 
Backhand works we at low levels and v high level. 

Low level: the short game with H3 is excellent and the natural tack helps with flicks and spin. 
The issue with it is the blade no where near makes up for the need of an active brushy stroke for most on the attack and blocks and punches are far harder due to spin sensitivity and poor rebound.

We have a decent mid level player at my club who uses this set up. He is mostly a pusher on the backhand with a cracking active smack on the backhand. Not good in a consistent topspin rally to the backhand but he isn't hugely mobile so has centered his game on tying the short game up and either winning or pushing the opponent back with the first attack
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2019 at 8:07pm
Aside from the weight does it work great on loops and other aspects? Hope the setup doesnt feel like a brick.
Originally posted by JohnnyChop JohnnyChop wrote:

I used to use Timo boll t5000 with h3... It is good but h3 is a heavy rubber so both sides might be on the weighty side...

JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2019 at 8:21pm
It will be hard as it is hard rubber on hard blade...  FH will be fine but bh may be hard to loop with quality... The only decent player with h3 bh I know, only push and punch with the bh 
729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2019 at 8:30pm
okay thanks
Originally posted by JohnnyChop JohnnyChop wrote:

It will be hard as it is hard rubber on hard blade...  FH will be fine but bh may be hard to loop with quality... The only decent player with h3 bh I know, only push and punch with the bh 
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2019 at 9:02pm
I am curious to try because i read Patrick's review on table tennis 11 blog. He was reviewing donic ovtcharov carbospeed blade with hurricane 3 40 hardness rubber. He was very happy with the setup. He wrote  that :-

The DOC works very well with the tacky and moderately slow Hurricane 3 Neo, as the blade provides the speed and penetrating power, whereas the tacky rubber provides the necessary arc over the net. FH loop drives are a pleasure to play with the DOC, as they are facilitated by the blade’s fast and stiff nature and the huge sweet spot. 
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2019 at 12:36am
anymore suggestions?
ThePongProfessor View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2019 at 1:24am
I stand by my conclusions and also think that a softer H3 in BH could work well with this blade. It will be fast and the arc relatively long.

And now, back to work again....
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePongProfessor

Feedback
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2019 at 1:32am
Thanks Patrick 🙏
Originally posted by patrickhrdlicka patrickhrdlicka wrote:

I stand by my conclusions and also think that a softer H3 in BH could work well with this blade. It will be fast and the arc relatively long.

And now, back to work again....
DLC1325 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2019 at 2:12am
I used to use TG2 Neo 39 degrees on both sides of an Ebenholz V and Miyabi to great effect. Also, H2 Neo 39 degrees on both sides of a Waldner WC89 was awesome. I never tuned them and they always felt plenty fast for me even away from the table. 

My training partner has used H8 39 degrees on both sides of his YEO for years, which is nowhere near as fast as these other blades. His loops are at least 3 steps more powerful than anyone else at the club.
Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2019 at 3:16am
that's an interesting idea. As said above, H3 on BH seems unusual. You will have to put a lot of power in your BH when playing far from table. But maybe with fast blade it will work. So if I understood correctly, you have all the components to make this blade? If that's the case, offcourse try it out and let us know what are your impressions
Stiga Offensive Classic Legend
DHS Hurricane Neo3
Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo
passifid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote passifid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2019 at 4:14am
It will probably be okay since you boost of not h3-50 or the skylinr soft one may be better. K personally think a hard.tacky.rubber doesn't suit many people on the BH because it is a lot of work but it's fun and can work so give it a go life is for living
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2019 at 7:45am
I have a Carbospeed and tried to pair it with H3 once but found it too hard. However, I didn´t boost, maybe it´s a better option when boosted.
Anyway, I believe H3, boosted or not, works better with thin ALC blades, such as TBS or Viscaria.
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2019 at 9:35am
It's not going to work on bh.
Ma long uses 37 degree h3 on bh.
So what makes you think you can hit harder than ma long, justifying the harder sponge?

Just get 37 deg H3N or yinhe Mercury 2 medium (37 deg) which is very similar.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2019 at 10:26am
it is simple, you have all the parts, what do you have to lose by gluing the ensemble.  personally I think 37 degrees is more appropriate for BH.
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2019 at 2:19pm
Is there any difference in performance between red and black coloured topsheet of hurricane 3 orange sponge with same hardness?
passifid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote passifid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2019 at 2:24pm
There is a rumor that red is less tacky and that is why blue sponge is always on black and forehand
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2019 at 2:27pm
As many of you suggested not to try 39 hardness hurricane 3 on backhand.I will put my red hurricane 3 39 hardness on forehand then and see how it goes
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2019 at 4:18am
Originally posted by passifid passifid wrote:

There is a rumor that red is less tacky and that is why blue sponge is always on black and forehand

Rumor is nonsense
729 Green Goblin 5, FH: 729 Battle II National H39, BH: Palio HK1997 Gold.
DHS Long 5, FH: 729 Battle II Gold H40, BH: Nittaku C1
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2019 at 4:24am
Originally posted by Hozuki Hozuki wrote:

So what makes you think you can hit harder than ma long, justifying the harder sponge?

Such a useless post

I have no problems with H3 Neo H39 on BH, however prefer another rubber due to throw angle. There are different preferences.

Mercury 2 medium is a way below H3 in everything, cannot be seen as a replacement.

Ok, where to get 37 deg neo? Where? Link please. Will be much appreciated!
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2019 at 10:22am
"Such a useless post" - a very nice comment.  BTW he didn't say 37 deg Neo is readily available in the mkt - his reference to ML using it is for comparative purposes.
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2019 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

"Such a useless post" - a very nice comment.  BTW he didn't say 37 deg Neo is readily available in the mkt - his reference to ML using it is for comparative purposes.

Ok, thanks. I will watch my mouth :)
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2019 at 6:49pm
""Such a useless post" - a very nice comment.  BTW he didn't say 37 deg Neo is readily available in the mkt - his reference to ML using it is for comparative purposes."

Hi did say this though:

"Just get 37 deg H3N or yinhe Mercury 2 medium (37 deg) which is very similar."

Which definitely implies that there is a 37 deg H3N available somewhere. Meaning, a person reading it might reasonably interpret the line in such a way. It's all in the syntax of the phrase. If he meant something else, Hozuki should have written it differently.

FdT
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2019 at 6:59pm
I use Hurricane 3-50 on BH. There are definitely a lot of advantages with tacky rubber especially with pushing and very spinny loops. 

But, I feel like there's advantages of less tacky rubbers namely the spin insensitivity. I tried the TinArc series and I felt although my loops had less quality they were easier to execute because it doesn't grab onto the incoming spin that much. This is especially advantageous for chiquita against heavy spin. Pushing is definitely much worse compared to tacky rubbers which can generate some seriously dangerous spin variation. 

I'm in fact thinking seriously about changing over to a half tacky or nontacky rubber completely as a result.
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
DLC1325 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2019 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by fmarek fmarek wrote:

Also, robin.w had them for sale at one point. I bought 2 from him. Not sure if he still has any.
DLC1325 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2019 at 8:55pm
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2019 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by DLC1325 DLC1325 wrote:

Also, robin.w had them for sale at one point. I bought 2 from him. Not sure if he still has any.

I'm late to the party, but DLC pretty much said it already. Provincial H3N is available at 37 deg.
Just a bit pricey, sadly not 37 in regular commercial.
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2019 at 11:18pm

Originally posted by Hozuki Hozuki wrote:

Such a useless post

I have no problems with H3 Neo H39 on BH, however prefer another rubber due to throw angle. There are different preferences.

Mercury 2 medium is a way below H3 in everything, cannot be seen as a replacement.

Cool, your BH must be better than most chinese pros.
In any other case, it might work somehow but will be far from optimal.
Anyways, mercury has better control than h3, and has way more spin than a skyline 3-60.
It plays like a softer, slightly tamed h3 and boosted it's pretty much a fastarc g-1.
It would serve you well to be more modest.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic