Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Improving my Play (Video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
pingpongpaddy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongpaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2007 at 6:46am
Originally posted by shij421 shij421 wrote:

Originally posted by pingpongpaddy pingpongpaddy wrote:

Originally posted by shij421 shij421 wrote:

depending on your game, if you want to play as a mid-far distance chopper with occasion counterattacks, switching to a smooth rubber from LP is NOT a good idea.

The idea is to learn good basic technique,
chopping,
hitting,
blocking,
pushing,
on the bh
THEN only Then choose whether to be an lp or sp defender
its about getting a good foundation

LP and smooth rubber are totally different in terms of spin, speed, and feel. Why not build the foundation on LP to begin with? Varghesep switched to Tackiness-C because it was the easy way to take, not because his idea was to build a good foundation. As I quote "I'm more agreesive than before because I'm confident of hitting from BH, which was impossible for me before because of the long pimples."

Depends on your expectations too tho. If you just wanna have some fun in your club, then lp, sp, inverted, whatever, choose anything for chopping. I'm just saying that an inverted rubber will be too susceptible to spin and lack spin reversal for effective chopping at higher levels. So why not find a coach and build your chopping foundations.

Actually shij i have been an lp chopper in my time, and what I got from it is that chopping with Lp is not so difficult. What is difficult is being at home playing over the table chopping with lp or normal both sides. This is critical because to keep things tight you need to be able to push to a perfect length with either rubber. So you need good technique to achieve these things. So its a case of sacrificing some cheap wins with the lp this year, in the hope of big wins with lp later
inactive dotec carbokev

yin he galaxy 1 p
ly

FH moristo sp AX MAX

bh moristo sp ax max
Sponsored Links

Ksix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ksix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2007 at 9:23am

good job on posting the video. best of luck to you varghesep

わが青春に悔なし
sluskas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluskas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2007 at 4:46pm
whahahha he is bad haha
alink91 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alink91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2007 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by varghesep varghesep wrote:

I took a video of some of my shots. The video is in Windows Media format, and is 8 minutes. You need Windows Media Player to play the video.

Please download from http://www.mediamax.com/tabletennis/Hosted/VP%20Table%20Tennis.wmv 

After you watch the video:

1. Please help me correcting my mistakes.

2. I weigh 220 lbs, is the weight contributing a problem to my stroke and footwork?

3. How can I make the shots low?

4. Is my grip correct at Forehand? I think it is semi open.

5. How can I improve my serves?

I USE TACKIFIRE DRIVE ON THE FH and LONG PIMPLES ON THE BH. THE BLADE IS JOO SE HYUK BUTTERFLY.

1. You strokes need a lot of work. I suggest you getting a coach to help out. Its too complicated to teach on a forum.

2. It might slow down your footwork.

3. The correct stroke would help. Again get a coach, too hard to desribe on a forum. 

4. The grip seems to the fine.

5. Practice, more spin and shorter. I cant actually see what is going on with you serves since no one is recieving them and I cant see the other side.

alink91 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alink91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2007 at 5:43pm

Originally posted by sluskas sluskas wrote:

whahahha he is bad haha

wow, is that the type of encouragement you are going to give? If he is so bad, lets see you give him some advice. Then maybe we can all laugh at you for being a bad coach. But I'm sure you wouldnt want to be laughed at, so lets not laugh at other people. He's is much better than most basement players in the USA. Bottom line, dont laugh it there bad and post it, laugh in your heart and post advice to help them be better.

*JC* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *JC* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2007 at 10:22pm
sluskas, show us your classichez denfse
Thats not a knife
THIS is a knife.
Thats not a knife
THATS a spoon.
adambty View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2007 at 3:51am
you got elbow movement problem.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic