Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

inspirit spinny or not?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sunflex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunflex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: inspirit spinny or not?
    Posted: 03/01/2007 at 7:25am
hi,

I have a question about the spin of inspirit. I found it to be very very spinny much spinnier then my sriver fx and l. But my friend found it to be totally non spinnyConfused. Do you guys find inspirit spinny or not?(in comparison with sriver and mambo)
Sponsored Links

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2007 at 8:41am
I don't see how it could be non-spinny, given that it's grippier than most japanese rubbers just to the borderline of being slightly tacky. Of course mambo is extremely soft so it might depend on the hardness and color choice they're comparing it to.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Skippy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2007 at 9:00am
I play max Saviga(same as Inspirit).  With the max sponge I feel nothing as it pertains to spin, but the proof that there is substancial spin is in the shots I hit.  Everything drops on the table even  at quite fast speeds is all I need to see to know to show me that there's a great deal of spin.  If there wasnt a great deal of spin it wouldnt stay on the table.  I could see where someone would think that it doesnt feel like it has any spin because I dont feel it.  I think that may have alot to do with max sponge, but the proof is in the pudding.  When I lay into the ball it stays on the table.  At first it played kinda wierd to me just for that reason, but having stuck with it for a month now.  It's a really consistent rubber for me. 
Xiom Zetro Quad
FH: Andro Hexer Max
BH: Xiom Euro Vega Max
sunflex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunflex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2007 at 9:03am
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

I don't see how it could be non-spinny, given that it's grippier than most japanese rubbers just to the borderline of being slightly tacky. Of course mambo is extremely soft so it might depend on the hardness and color choice they're comparing it to.

comparing inspirit 42 degree to mambo h(42,5) and sriverl (42)
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2007 at 10:20am
Probably just blaming their equipment for a loss.

GantZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GantZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2007 at 10:49am
I am about to find out pretty soon if inspirit is spinny or not. 
Equipment:
Petr Korbel
Sriver EL
weekdayhacker View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weekdayhacker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2007 at 11:31am
I tried in in 2.2mm with 40 degree sponge.  I was expecting it to play like a euro rubber but it totally felt like a chinese rubber to me, something like RITC tack-speed 2000 with most of the tackiness worn off.  I put a few layers of glue on it to liven the sponge, let it dry flat and then applied it to my off- blade.  Did not play with it speed glued (no dome) Higher throw than most euro rubbers.  PLayed with it one hour, didn't like it - sold it for $5.
seanknight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2007 at 11:42am
I've been playing with Inspirit MAX for a little under a week now and it is very spinny.  To me it does play very much like euro rubbers. Before Inspirit I played Optimum Mp (fh) and Almana Sound (bh) and while Inspirit is not as fast as them, it has much more control and can still create plenty  of speed with proper technique. I havnt played with it unglued, so maybe it plays different then, but I like a big glue effect so i use about 4-5 thick layers and get a tremendous dome. It may be best suited with a fast blade, but I use an oc cr and I still have plenty of power. So I guess all I can say is if you cant generate spin with inspirit, its your technique, not equipment. 
shij421 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shij421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2007 at 2:56pm
is inspirit 42 softer than sriver l d-13 (42)?
Violin FL
Tenergy 05 2.1 Black
Tenergy 05 FX 2.1 Red
wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2007 at 3:34pm
Inspirit and Saviga have lots of spin and lots of sound.  When i am playing players always come to check what I am playing with.  If you are not getting spin you may need to clean your rubbers or adjust your technique.
Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Xiom Sigma Pro Red and Black
Butterfly Amultart
Tenergy 05 Black and Red 64
seanknight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2007 at 5:35pm
Yeah I get the same response from guys at the clubs I play at, Inspirit is louder than my almana sound
fatcomet View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatcomet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2007 at 6:09pm
i've gotten sound compliments too. too bad it doesnt automatically improve my technique ;)
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2007 at 7:57pm
When I block a hard shot, it makes a nice sound. Maybe its my racket though.
sunflex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunflex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2007 at 5:41am
Originally posted by shij421 shij421 wrote:

is inspirit 42 softer than sriver l d-13 (42)?

the topsheet feels a lot softer that's why i like my inspirit a lot moreBig%20smile. It's a pity that inspirit isnt as durable as sriver d13 l
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2007 at 8:00am
Why  not?

MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2007 at 10:51am
The Inspirit creates tremendous spin for me. In the past I have always used hard, tacky Chinese products that require me to brush the ball to get any sort of spin. Now I can finally get my loop drives to land on the table consistently due to the soft top sheet & medium sponge and the slightly tacky surface allows my brush loop to still function as I wish.

While waiting for the shipment of the Inspirit to arrive, I glued up a friend's Juic 999 Elite SV 2.0 to my Tibhar FibreFeeling. Both rubbers play very similar.  The Elite  is  less forgiving and the Inspirit offered more dwell time, speed and spin, but that could've been the difference in sponge thickness.  Inspirit is a little on the heavy side after a few coats of regular glue.
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
dansari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dansari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2007 at 11:51pm
I just got my new racquet from Cole today - LKT Will Power with black 45 degree Inspirit (max) on FH, and red 42 degree Inspirit (max) on BH.

Previously I was playing with Bryce (FX) PowerSponge.

Well, I can tell you that I had a great deal of trouble serving short backspin with the Bryce (but I got lots of compliments on the amount of backspin I was generating on the long serves). 
This evening at my club, the receives for so many of my short backspin serves (I did *mostly* these) ended up in the net - my opponents just weren't used to that amount of backspin.  With this rubber, it is relatively easy (compared to Bryce) to serve short, and have the ball come back towards the net.

It was not lacking at all in the power department, either.  This rubber has gears!

Using max on both sides, the racquet was a little heavy, but it didn't bother me in the slightest.  Darn, I dinged the edge of it on the table, on its first day.  That's why I'm getting these from Cole from now on - I can get the whole blade + rubbers for less than 2 rubber sheets that I used to buy before.
Iolite Neo, FH: Tenergy 25 2.1, BH: Tenergy 05 2.1
wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2007 at 1:24am
Its not only the rubber but the "Will Power" that has gears.  I like that racket as it is slow on touch shots but fast on power shots.  I only hit with the Iolite briefly as the handle was too small for me but it does not have the gears that the will power has.
Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Xiom Sigma Pro Red and Black
Butterfly Amultart
Tenergy 05 Black and Red 64
GantZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GantZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2007 at 4:12am
Oh yeah. I have the saviga sponge on 999t topsheet, and without a doubt it is spinny.  When you take a large swing, it will definately suck the ball into the rubber.  I am playing with 42 degree, and it is way softer than dhs 20 39 deg.  If you are a hitter though, you definately will dislike this rubber.  I am not too sure about slow looping and brush shots right now.  I feel that you still have to have some hitting into the sponge to generate tons of spin. 
Equipment:
Petr Korbel
Sriver EL
sunflex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunflex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2007 at 5:25am
I disagree I play the same rubber as you Globe 999T with Saviga 2.2 42 Degree Sponge. I found it very good for hitting.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic