FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

ittf president's policies...?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ittf president's policies...?
    Posted: 01/10/2009 at 4:47am
http://www.ittf.com/itTV/s/as_cctv_2008/AS_CCTV1. - http://www.ittf.com/itTV/videos/as_cctv_2008/AS_CCTV1.html

for some people this may not be news, but it is the first time Ive seen and heard it from his mouth.

Please watch some of this, before you comment, I started this thread because this guy never ceases to amaze me.  Please note I only made it through 10 minutes and *&^% off. 

Interesting points:

He is a chopper and wants to slow the mens game down so it is more like womens table tennis!

He  tries as much as possible to change our game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For sport to be popular, it must be attractive to television!

Bill Gates came to watch a lot of womens table tennis in the Sydney olympics, choosing women because it was easier to watch.

The change to 11 points was because it was boring to 21 if the level of the players werent equal.  So there are more ends of sets, like in basketball the most exciting part is the last 3 minutes.
The ball was made bigger & hence slower for tv

After working more on this poll I wish i had entered another poll choice.

CHOICE 3 = COUCH POTATOES
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
Sponsored Links

Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2009 at 6:07am
What he is trying to achieve is havoc to TT, we will end up seeing half naked cheergirls in the intervals between sets. TT should be about diligence, humbleness and concentration and it should have nothing to do with sensation-seeking. I do not want female players to be appreciated because of their butt.

Just an off-topic question, which is of course not relevant to whether he is a good guy or not, but to me he seems to have a little accent when speaking English. His written English is impeccable, but he does not sound like somebody from the English parts of Canada. Anyone knows if he is from the French speaking areas of Canada?
Thylacine View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thylacine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2009 at 6:11am

Adham Sharara is trying to turn our sport into business, he said it clearly. He doesn t care what the majority of the players across the world think. We need to get rid of him and others like him quickly! immediately, now! Before it is too late...

Single Ply Hinoki club
konakona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote konakona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2009 at 6:16am
well said, Hans. Let s hope that day never comes.
Wang Hao will win the WTTC. All resistance is futile.
Totoro View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Totoro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2009 at 7:19am
I watched this ages ago. This was obviously before the 2008 Olympics...
I'm 15

Clipper Wood
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 PROVINCIAL 2.15mm 38 degrees
BH: Palio CK531A OX

CPen Looper with LP twiddling, blocking hitting and LP RPB
ffx-me View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ffx-me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2009 at 9:30am
He s taking the wrong approach to popularising the sport, instead of morphing it to accomodate the americans they should try to show it to the americans and educate them in order to interest them into table tennis while it still exists before this guy destroys it.
-Primorac 2000, 802 + globe 999 quattro
-Korbel, Cream MRS + 802-40
NotTalented View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotTalented Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2009 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Hans Regenkurt Hans Regenkurt wrote:

Just an off-topic question, which is of course not relevant to whether he is a good guy or not, but to me he seems to have a little accent when speaking English. His written English is impeccable, but he does not sound like somebody from the English parts of Canada. Anyone knows if he is from the French speaking areas of Canada?

He is from India who managed to escape and now lives in Canada, hoping to pass off as a clever white man. He doesn t go out in the sun to keep his skin white.
Table Tennis - Where excellence is punished, great innovations are banned.
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2009 at 10:07am
Originally posted by NotTalented NotTalented wrote:

He is from India who managed to escape and now lives in Canada, hoping to pass off as a clever white man. He doesn t go out in the sun to keep his skin white.

Which part of India Adham is from?
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotTalented Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2009 at 10:59am

Which part of India Adham is from?
[/QUOTE]

Correction: Cairo,Egypt.

I m sure you wanted to know.

Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotTalented Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2009 at 11:05am
He sure doesn t look like an Arab,though.

I  apologise to all the Indians everywhere.

brytaku25 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brytaku25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2009 at 11:17am

What he is trying to achieve is havoc to TT, we will end up seeing half naked cheergirls in the intervals between sets.

LOL I think Swiffer s dream TT girl might be in this too.

do not want female players to be appreciated because of their butt.

Agree with you man. The time I saw the Females can wear skirts rule, I remembered men like women s tennis because of this. I think they should remove this rule since I remember seeing Crystal Huang wearing a light blue skirt and I saw her butt.

I viewed some of the video and I think some of his ideas about changing some rules are good to the public but trying to interest TT to the world for more people to play it are wrong. This isn t chess it s TT. Table Tennis on TV is nothing. How many channels boreadcast TT? Only a few. I wish I could speak with him and teach him a lesson. If he wants to destroy this game, we should duplicate it and let his version be called Adam Tennis of Havoc.
See you guys in the next life!...................
petermoo View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petermoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2009 at 11:23am
Originally posted by NotTalented NotTalented wrote:

He sure doesn t look like an Arab,though.

I  apologise to all the Indians everywhere.

LOL, I m curious why you apologize to Indians everywhere.
sprite View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2009 at 1:35pm
Please remember that you should not judge Sahara for what he is doing to the sport.

You should judge him for his grace and kindness, in that he came to this forum and blew smoke in your faces, using great eloquence and diplomacy.

What courage he has!  Have you ever seen the movie "Grifters"?  Grifters are a very ballsy bunch.

Before it s too late?  yeah
YEO

Boost TP
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2009 at 1:48pm
If the ITTF was only trying to slow down the game they wouldn t have banned frictionless. I think it s more than that, but I can t make sense of it either.
I disagree with more than 1/2 of the ITTF s recent rule changes; however, Adham has gone out of his way to discuss things on all the major forums. He has a thick skin. He took a lot of abuse on this forum before finally retreating to the German forums and OOAK forum. Some of our attacks were justified; yet, some were just ugly. He kept coming back and posting and I respect him for that. He recently accepted my challenge to play a smack talking match at the Guangzhou Table Tennis Center this Summer. How can I not love the man for agreeing to this?
So, he won me over and I m not ashamed to call him "my friend."
Do I still disagree with the frictionless ban?
YES
Do I still think Adham is talking around answering some questions directly?
YES
Do I think we should find a way to get him out of office?
NO
Why?
Odds are the next president would be worse, and he would play me in China.
:-).

For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
sprite View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2009 at 2:06pm

"Odds are the next president would be worse, and he would play me in China.
:-)."

On what do you base these odds?  Random possibilities?

What would be worse?  A change to "Nerf Ping-Pong"?  Who would make that  kind of change?

Lots of people would agree to play you a match, what s so special about playing Sharara?  That you fancy the idea of playing a celebrity of some sort?  Nothing compares to those warm and fuzzies. eh

Trade Long Island for a few dollars worth of wampum.

YEO

Boost TP
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2009 at 3:20pm
Sprite,
My point is Adham is here, there, and everywhere . . . making himself available. Agree with him or not, he s hashing it out with "us." The fact that he agreed to meet me on the other side of the world to play is wonderful. I m very excited. :-).
BTW, my family lives on Long Island.
:-).
sprite View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2009 at 4:21pm
Great non-reply!

Learning from the master, I see.
YEO

Boost TP
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2009 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by sprite sprite wrote:

Great non-reply!
Learning from the master, I see.

Thank you.

BTW, are you playing penholder with the YEO?
I might be forced to switch and I just wondered why it s the #1 choice for most penholders?
popperlocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2009 at 8:10pm
people that hate adham, are obsessed with their speed glue/boosting. He s trying to make the sport more popular, safe, and playable. You haters should stop crying like sisses, accept the changes and practice :P
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2009 at 8:22pm
It s sad that so many players on this forum would prefer table tennis to stay a fringe sport with very little competition outside of China.

If TT became a K-12 (US) sport, can you imagine the sort of competition and growth of the sport?

I would prefer *more* media coverage, more competition; more club, league and tournament growth.

Right now, I have to drive 45 minutes for recreational play and training and 1.5 hours to the best league play in the state. With an increase in participation, I could expect to see more interest and local activity and less traveling and more playing...

TT s gluing era has followed the same decline in popularity in the US that tennis faced after the switch from wood to composite. In both cases, the sports became power and unforced error based. And in TT s case the amount of spin and deception made the sport even less "watchable" than tennis. Who wants to watch world class players "whiff"? Tennis (perhaps smartly) resorted to exploiting personalities (Jimmy Connors and later Andre Agassi) and exploiting women (sharapova?). Neither sport has figured out a way to return to former popularity...

I believe Adam has growth of the sport in mind with recent changes.
sprite View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2009 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

�I believe Adam has growth of the sport in mind with recent changes.

Actually, so do I, but I think he is wrong to believe tt is a tv sport, or a spectator sport in any real way. Therefore he (ITTF) is wrong to make changes based on the notion.

Time will tell who is correct.
YEO

Boost TP
sprite View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2009 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

BTW, are you playing penholder with the YEO?I might be forced to switch and I just wondered why it s the #1 choice for most penholders?

No, I am using it shakehand. I am physically incapable of doing the traditional ph bh, try as I might.
Don t ask why, some invisible deformity I guess.

But, in doing ph fhs I can think of 2 or 3 reasons why it is popular.

Good feel, speed and control at the table, reasonable power at mid-distance, and #1, one of the all-time great phers has it in his hand when he plays!
What impresses me most with it ph is the combination of great attacking power and blocking control at the table. Sweet.

BTW, great change-up!
YEO

Boost TP
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2009 at 1:01am
Originally posted by bozbrisvegas bozbrisvegas wrote:

http://www.ittf.com/itTV/s/as_cctv_2008/AS_CCTV1. - http://www.ittf.com/itTV/videos/as_cctv_2008/AS_CCTV1.html

for some people this may not be news, but it is the first time Ive seen and heard it from his mouth.

Please watch some of this, before you comment, I started this thread because this guy never ceases to amaze me.  Please note I only made it through 10 minutes and *&^% off. 

Interesting points:

He is a chopper and wants to slow the mens game down so it is more like womens table tennis!

He  tries as much as possible to change our game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For sport to be popular, it must be attractive to television!

Bill Gates came to watch a lot of womens table tennis in the Sydney olympics, choosing women because it was easier to watch.

The change to 11 points was because it was boring to 21 if the level of the players werent equal.  So there are more ends of sets, like in basketball the most exciting part is the last 3 minutes.
The ball was made bigger & hence slower for tv

After working more on this poll I wish i had entered another poll choice.

CHOICE 3 = COUCH POTATOES

sharara is lying, if he really wanted to slow down the game , ittf would forbid maximum rubbers and fast blades but that wouild hurt bty and obvuiously they are partners, I FORBID AND YOU SELL MORE
brytaku25 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brytaku25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2009 at 2:08am
Another thing that popped in my mind is I think he wants to slow down Mens and faster Women so both are equal. What s next Men cannot use Tensors while Women can?
See you guys in the next life!...................
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2009 at 4:15am
An interesting idea is to create limits  to make men and women more equal on the table. However i believe that s impossible at the highest level.
If the idea is to make it possible UP TO A CERTAIN LEVEL then it s smart.
I like the picture of having plenty of girls in clubs. If that happens let me tell you the sport will take off for good because where girls go we all go!
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2009 at 6:01am
Currently only a third of the people that have visited this forum think he is thinking of us, the players. Most of us have different things we don t like.

Look to tell you the truth I have only been playing for 5 years, so for me 11 is natural, serve easy to see natural, 40mm ball natural, the end of super speed glue was always coming, but ccccccoooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

the banning of boosters is absolute &^%$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How the hell can I be able to go out and buy a product that becomes banned by time it gets delivered to me!  That is not acceptable.

You buy a car and then they tell you cant drive it on the road!
How would you feel?

It is all about speed.  I reckon one day he was chopping away and someone totally embarased him by ripping shots past him, leaving him 000
to there 21 21 21

sorry, but I think formula 1 car racing should be slowed down so people can see the 98678756 car

we should slow down 100 metre sprint so each person in the grand stand gets to see the person go past for longer, heightening there pleasure.  everyone should jump in a potatoe sack!

I fell in love with this sport 5 years ago, not because it was slow, not because there were controlled counter driving block punching rallies at the table.

I FELL IN LOVE WITH THIS SPORT BECAUSE IT TOTALLY TOTALLY BLEW MY MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These guys standing so far back ripping every muscle in unusual ripping strokes that see the ball rocket in orbits i had never seen anywhere just to land almost against all logic, smashing into that table.

At my club it is the best sport ever to watch. I can have a front dam row seat!

I have never felt the need to press the slow motion button!  I love the fact that you can t see the ball wiz past you, all the more reason to concentrate before.

He wants us to take table tennis back to the hard bat days when you could watch a rally for 5 mintes!  That is boring!

For me the excitement is not in the last three minutes of one of those dam rallies, the excitement is any every ball.  If you have unmatched opponents that is life!

ok, sorry I have to take a chill pill, sorry.

Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2009 at 10:00am
Originally posted by sprite sprite wrote:

but I think he is wrong to believe tt is a tv sport, or a spectator sport in any real way. Therefore he (ITTF) is wrong to make changes based on the notion.

That s a logical fallacy.

Adam is clearly trying to make changes that make it more TV friendly.
It follows that he believes that good television coverage will help popularize the sport.

It s not great on TV right now because of the number of unforced errors, massive spin changes and difficulty for Joe Sixpack to UNDERSTAND or care about the game.

Heck, I ve seen world class matches that were a snoozefest (3rd ball kill, unforced error, 3rd ball kill, repeat) and dramatic club matches between US1800 players that were exciting (10+ hits with changes in offense/defense posture and control)...

Adam wants more drama and more excitement in the sport. 3rd ball kills and unforced errors are not exciting for spectators.

Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

sharara is lying, if he really wanted to slow down the game , ittf would forbid maximum rubbers and fast blades but that wouild hurt bty and obvuiously they are partners, I FORBID AND YOU SELL MORE

that s just paranoid conspiracy thinking.

if butterfly and the ITTF were truly in league, do you think butterfly would have spent the R&D money on the (now illegal) PowerSponge rubbers? What about "Speed Optimizer One"?

SmilyCancer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmilyCancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2009 at 11:25am
Originally posted by bozbrisvegas bozbrisvegas wrote:

Currently only a third of the people that have visited this forum
Alas, this forum is not the center of the universe.
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2009 at 11:33am
I have been playing for 17 years and it is the variety of spin plus the great speed made me love the game and the possibility to use one s creativity to improve their game. The ITTF way to create more popularity is to slow the game down, limit the range of coverings and hence diminish creativity.

Unfortunately it is not the sport of those who just like to switch their brains off just staring at the tv and sometimes drink in the sight of short female skirts. Taking the sport in this direction i fear will make TT the Britney Spears of sports.

I agree that third ball kill sometimes makes the game boring to watch - especially for those who dont understand what happens. Therefore the ITTF and Sharara should concentrate on explaining to wider audiences why things happen. They should also encourage the spread of TT classes in primary schools. A lot of kids like playing. This is what they should be concentrating on.

It is very true that if they had wanted to slow the game down they should have ruled out carbon and any other composite blades and max thickness should have been reduced to 2 mm. The most important step to curb 3rd ball attacking and create longer topspin or chop vs topspin rallies would have been the raising of the net... It would have been the cheapest solution....

Only after making this change should they have started further analyzing what else needs to be done. This is why I believe they are incompetent people. Because they were so incostintent about tuners they caused a lot of clubs in my countries to waste thousands of dollars in vain on the later to be banned new kind of health-safe "speed glue". I am yet to see a report that really proves that tuners are harmful for human health. By really I mean that the test was conducted on a sample of at least 1000 people not just five. This is the third thing: Sharara sometimes adroitly sidesteps some questions: he generally states that tuners are harmful, and tries to save his butt by saying that ITTF rules are for the international level.

Bear in mind that they have a marketing agency behind them and they give him ideas on what to say.... I even tend to believe that his appearance on various forums just served as a means to collect data on how the public think about their actions.

He hasnt been caught admitting that the Olympic Committe put pressure on the ITTF because of our using glues and this induced this whole ..... excrement we are in now. I would like to hear from him owing to which country / ies the ITTF didnt manage to have the net raised some years ago.
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2009 at 12:08pm
Table Tennis is ONLY fun to watch for people like us. It is BORING for common viewers who are not into the sport.
A ball goes back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth . . .
Having said that . . . I personally think this about the women pros:

1. They are much more fun to watch.
2. It s more realistic for me to emulate their style.
3. They are much more fun to watch.

*I sitll don t understand why blades and rubbers have any restriction. Diversity would make the game more exciting. So what if Dr. Neubauer s style of play is not the ITTF s favorite style of play. I think it s WRONG for them to eradicate a style because a member of their committee doesn t like Doc s hair piece.

Tzai is over, but not out!!

. . . AND, I don t care what anyone says . . . I like Adham . . . celebrity or not. He s reached out to me and I welcome his friendship with open racket!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic