Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LF: Acoustic CPen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
boybawang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boybawang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LF: Acoustic CPen
    Posted: 12/20/2007 at 1:12am
Hello,

I am looking for a Nittaku Acoustic in CPen.

Please give me a PM or email me if you are interested selling your blade.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links

everest81 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote everest81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2007 at 2:30am
wow LOL
Member of Single ply Hinoki club
Kokutaku Cho-Super Cho Tokusen + Tenergy Max
Collecting dust: Nittaku Cho tokusen 9mm, kokutaku cho tokusen 9mm, darker 90 10mm, ryno custom poc blade 10.2mm
T h e N A M View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T  h  e  N  A M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2007 at 4:06am
wow x 5
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2007 at 5:30am
Welcome to the forum Boybawang,you can consider yourself very lucky if you can get it. We are all looking forward to buy it. See the thread entitled : "Acoustic C-pen"
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

pongcrazy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2007 at 6:54am
How much would ONE Acoustic C-pen be worth today???
mattie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2007 at 7:23am
why is the acoustic cpen so popular?
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2007 at 10:52am
Pongcrazy,
The real price should be the same with Violin C-pen. Anything above it would be due to the economic law : higher demand and lower supply will increase the price.
Mattie,
My opinion: Because it is hard to find. Somebody told us that it is made for certain markets only (Korea and China). I believe if Violin comes in Shake Hand version only, then the Violin C-pen would be popular as well.
As to why Nittaku does not include it in their product list, perhaps because the Violin C-pen and J-pen do not achieve the expected turnover, so they do not want the same thing to happen to Acoustic.
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

ProfessorChaos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProfessorChaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2007 at 11:46am
1. Violin didn't sell well because asians are cheap LOL and most of the penholders play with 10 year old 7-ply rackets with old rubbers.  the truth and the fact...there aren't even that many penholders in china who take the game seriously enough to chuck over $100USD for a blade alone...because 70% of china is still impoverished and $100 could last them a month.  Like some of the national team who come up from nothing, they are lucky to be where they are.

and if you are going to call me a racist, then do so but as a chinese immigrant, that is the truth.
Yasaka Max Carbon 3D FL
Desto F1 Max
Sriver FX Max
reachie85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reachie85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2007 at 1:07pm
u damn racist!  lol, i kid, i kid, i'm a chinese immigrant too, $100usd has a ton more buying power in china than here, it might sound cheap, but some of the products and services u can get here for close to 1000 usd, u can achieve with around 500 rmb, that's only about 70 or so usd.  but i don't think that most of the penholders play with 10 year old paddles because they can't afford new ones, 729's and all the chinese domestic products are cheap, it's because they are so used to the old paddles, that it feels like an extension of themselves.  my dad didn't want to change his 30 year old blade with 15 year old rubber until i bought him a set, and he found out the modern rubbers don't fit so well with his jurassic blade.  and also, u can't tell me that he zhiwen can't afford a new paddle.
BL: Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive CPen
FH: Haifu Blue Whale 2
BH: Nittaku Nodias
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T  h  e  N  A M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2007 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by ProfessorChaos ProfessorChaos wrote:

Violin didn't sell well because asians are cheap LOL and most of the penholders play with 10 year old 7-ply rackets with old rubbers. 

say it like.... chinese are cheap..

because almost every korean penhold players play with 1ply hinoki...Shocked

PingPangQiu View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPangQiu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2007 at 5:15pm
at least chinese use 2 side rubbers
everest81 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote everest81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2007 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by PingPangQiu PingPangQiu wrote:

But they are chinese rubbers, 2 chinese rubbers = 1 jap rubber in price Big%20smile
Member of Single ply Hinoki club
Kokutaku Cho-Super Cho Tokusen + Tenergy Max
Collecting dust: Nittaku Cho tokusen 9mm, kokutaku cho tokusen 9mm, darker 90 10mm, ryno custom poc blade 10.2mm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T  h  e  N  A M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2007 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by everest81 everest81 wrote:

But they are chinese rubbers, 2 chinese rubbers = 1 jap rubber in price Big%20smile

GREAT!LOL
dalamchops View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2007 at 5:50pm
psh, i am Chinese and i use 7p2a + Solcion for both sides.
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2007 at 8:20pm
I agree that there is some truth in what ProfessorChaos said, but then considering that Butterfly just released an expensive penhold like Haruvatart, indeed Butterfly see some market for expensive penhold.
Further someone in this forum said (assuming that this is a fact) that 60 pcs Acoustic C-pen had been sold out in Korea and that Nitakku is supplying also to the Chinese market. If this is correct, then I think it is reason enough for Nittaku to produce it regularly. What is your opinion ?
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

jasonz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2007 at 1:47pm

most c-pen with rpb uses 1 chinese sheet and 1 japanese sheet, so I disagree with everest81, as for acoustic c-pen market in China, I think there is one because of the shear number of people that are willing to spend premium on equipment in China

There are plenty of people that use Takism or MaLin Carbon in China and with can exceed over 1000 rmb (marketed price). 

Jason Z

Stiga Xu Xin Dynasty
FH DHS TG -60 Soft
BH DHS H3 white sponge pro
hhca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hhca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2007 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by ProfessorChaos ProfessorChaos wrote:

1. Violin didn't sell well because asians are cheap LOL and most of the penholders play with 10 year old 7-ply rackets with old rubbers.  the truth and the fact...there aren't even that many penholders in china who take the game seriously enough to chuck over $100USD for a blade alone...because 70% of china is still impoverished and $100 could last them a month.  Like some of the national team who come up from nothing, they are lucky to be where they are.

and if you are going to call me a racist, then do so but as a chinese immigrant, that is the truth.

I don't find your post offensive but I do find the conclusions you drew from your numbers: Even if 70% of the population is still impoverished, the rest 30% is still a large number.
Hurricane King blade is well over $100 I think and it is selling well. YEO c-pen is only available in china (and probably other asian markets) and it's not THAT cheap either.
boybawang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boybawang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2007 at 12:41am
well, regardless of any post made to this thread, i hope i can get one, thanks aeoliah for welcoming me here.
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2007 at 1:55pm
Professor Chaos makes comes off a little harsh on his statements, but he some valid points. I think his figures are a bit outdated. China is developing. I think it depends on the region. I will say this . . . the area I lived and will live are over 95% cpen. Most of them use the same combo for years. Even on training videos you can see rubbers that are chewed up on the edges and no edge tape. Still, there are still players who are nearly as obsessed as us. They save and buy what they can, some more than others. The most popular combo in the area I speak of consists of Galaxy blades and DHS or Friendship Rubbers. The Hurricane III is the rubber that is on their "wish list," and many get their wish. $100 is a lot of money over there. Most Chinese players are NOT buying a Violin. In fact, most Chinese are NOT buying anything but Chinese blades and rubbers. Most also do NOT buy provincial or national versions of anything. However, they play, plaY, plAY, pLAY, PLAY!
I'd be over there knocking the ball around with my high school students and the little old janitor would stop mopping and ask if he could try. He'd then proceed to hit laser beams all of the table, thank me, then go back to mopping. They play in the squares at night, with little lighting, on steel tables with steel nets, on concrete. That's the way most play. I've heard it's much more upscale in Bejing, Shanghai, and Guangzhou, but keep in mind China-Mainland has about a 1000 cities with a million plus people. HK is another story. They got $. But, the other factor is the same factor we have here. Most serious players are young and going to school. They usually don't spend money on gear even if they have money to spend. That's a universal fact. :-).
For what it's worth . . . most of the stuff China produces gets exported. Even the factory workers do not have the opportunity to enjoy the products they make. We get the good stuff. They get the cheap stuff.
Just some words from Tommy Zai, international Playboy and Gear Guru.
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2007 at 2:02pm
BTW . . . My cpen Acoustic is being made and I hope to have it within a couple weeks.
boybawang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boybawang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2008 at 11:34pm
this thread been awhile, tommyzai did you get your acoustic cpen? is there anyway you could upload a pic for me to checkout? and by the way, where did you get the blade cuz im also interested.

cheers
PingPangQiu View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPangQiu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2008 at 2:13am
Originally posted by everest81 everest81 wrote:

1Jap+1German=1.5 Jap in price Tongue
CP/JP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CP/JP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2008 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

BTW . . . My cpen Acoustic is being made and I hope to have it within a couple weeks.

what happened a couple of weeks later? LOL

Nittaku Excellent AAA
Nittaku Hammond Pro Alpha
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2008 at 6:42pm
The order was cancelled by my distributor and I was advised to wait! I took that to mean they will release them in 2008.
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2008 at 7:42pm
Well it could mean alot of things, they still may not be sure whether to release it to us or not.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic