FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Limba-Ayous Blade - Help!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
nittakuball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nittakuball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2014 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by E.ZegnaFan E.ZegnaFan wrote:

Look at your blade's photos. Dark color = Meranti, Light color = Chinese Basswood Smile

Thanks,do you know what blades have similar to DHS 032?
DHS 032
Butterfly Bryce Highspeed

Singapore & Canada

Sponsored Links

beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2014 at 11:58pm
Xiom Offensive S? I thought that was the same composition as Korbel. It was a nice answer for me back when I was complaining about Korbel being too head heavy, and had a larger handle. However, I still really wish I had never sold my Korbel.
tabten5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabten5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2014 at 11:12am
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

Xiom Offensive S? I thought that was the same composition as Korbel. It was a nice answer for me back when I was complaining about Korbel being too head heavy, and had a larger handle. However, I still really wish I had never sold my Korbel.

Thanks. I've read some reviews, and it seems the Xiom handles are still on the small side (for large European hands). 

I actually just wish Donic or Yasaka (both handles and brands I like a lot) made an offensive limba-ayous blade without a bloody senso handle. Or, in other words, an offensive version of the Appelgren Allplay.
T05 2.1 | VISCARIA | T64 1.9
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2014 at 1:50am
tabten5,

Is this blade for you btw? Just curious if you're going to an all wood blade b/c I remember when you wrote this:

Originally posted by tabten5 tabten5 wrote:

The reason I love the Maze is that it is compositionally identical to the Donic Waldner Senso, one of my favourite blades of all time, except for the necessary addition of ALC. You can still feel the ayous/limba combination. My touch game hasn't been this good since 1998 - I feel young again!

Fill us in on your journey Smile
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2014 at 2:08am

I've read some reviews, and it seems the Xiom handles are still on the small side (for large European hands).

You've read the wrong reviews. Xiom handles are probably the biggest available on the market, esp., the Novus series. Offensive S is a relatively thick blade without flex, nothing in common with Korbel or Primorac.
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2014 at 3:36am
I've got a Xiom Fuga and it's flared handle would be ideal for a player with a large hand.

Edited by Peter C - 03/01/2014 at 3:36am
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2014 at 9:33pm
Isn't the Xiom Maximus pretty much what you are looking for?
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2014 at 10:34pm
[/QUOTE] I actually just wish Donic or Yasaka (both handles and brands I like a lot) made an offensive limba-ayous blade without a bloody senso handle. Or, in other words, an offensive version of the Appelgren Allplay.[/QUOTE]

Me too. Someone tell Donic to make an Appelgren Offplay.

And giver me free Donic rubber for life - for giving this new name "Offplay"  Tongue

Edited by Snakefish - 03/02/2014 at 1:26am
Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2014 at 12:39am
Originally posted by Snakefish Snakefish wrote:

I actually just wish Donic or Yasaka (both handles and brands I like a lot) made an offensive limba-ayous blade without a bloody senso handle. Or, in other words, an offensive version of the Appelgren Allplay.

And giver me free Donic rubber for life - for giving this new name "Offplay"  Tongue
[/QUOTE]
How do you make the ALLPLAY - into offensive - by adding a layer of Carbon? Don't they have Appelgren with dotec handles not what speed that one is rated at though.
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2014 at 1:32am
Originally posted by jrscatman jrscatman wrote:

How do you make the ALLPLAY - into offensive - by adding a layer of Carbon? Don't they have Appelgren with dotec handles not what speed that one is rated at though.
[/QUOTE]

Those Dotec handles feel comfortable, but..........

Good idea to just stick some carbon layers into the Applegren Allplay and you've got Offplay. It's so simple, eh ?

After that Donic can create Appelgren Foreplay   Shocked

Yes, I am still talking about blades here. What else was I talking about ?  forehand ?

Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2014 at 1:45am

Originally posted by jrscatman jrscatman wrote:

Those Dotec handles feel comfortable, but..........

Good idea to just stick some carbon layers into the Applegren Allplay and you've got Offplay. It's so simple, eh ?

After that Donic can create Appelgren Foreplay   Shocked

Yes, I am still talking about blades here. What else was I talking about ?  forehand ?

Good idea ....maybe they can start a new division....DONIXXX!

Edited by jrscatman - 03/02/2014 at 1:45am
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2014 at 9:34am

[/QUOTE]
I actually just wish Donic or Yasaka (both handles and brands I like a lot) made an offensive limba-ayous blade without a bloody senso handle. Or, in other words, an offensive version of the Appelgren Allplay.[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They already make it, it's called the Persson Powerplay, 5.9mm 7 ply. Or just put faster rubbers on the allplay Wink
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2014 at 10:02am
An Allplay with carbon????

Geez, Donic has done that....

It's called Waldner Senso Carbon. Read the official description of WSC.

Blade : Just wood
FH : black rubber
BH : red rubber
tabten5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabten5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2014 at 4:03pm
I certainly did not ask for an Allplay with carbon - I'm aware the WSC is intended for that.

As above, I'd like an offensive, all-wood version of the Allplay. Or, to put it differently, a Korbel with a bigger handle.
tabten5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabten5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2014 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by the_theologian the_theologian wrote:

tabten5,

Is this blade for you btw? Just curious if you're going to an all wood blade b/c I remember when you wrote this:

The reason I love the Maze is that it is compositionally identical to the Donic Waldner Senso, one of my favourite blades of all time, except for the necessary addition of ALC. You can still feel the ayous/limba combination. My touch game hasn't been this good since 1998 - I feel young again!

Fill us in on your journey Smile

I have a love/hate relationship with carbon blades. They make my looping better, and they're addictive in that regard, but in just about every other way my game suffers when using them, and especially on touch shots. The Maze is very good within its class, but it's still very poor on touch compared to, say, a Korbel. 

I've realised that I do not lose points because my loop drives are not fast or spinny enough, but because my serve returns or touch shots drift too long or too high. I need to feel the ball.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2014 at 4:26pm
tabten5,

Understood, thanks. I was interested b/c I know you're a higher level player than myself and we've enjoyed some of the same blades (Maze and WSC for example).

Sorry if you've already answered this.. have you tried Virtuoso? I know it's not a ayous middle ply... might be what you're looking for though. 

Otherwise, I'd have Ross make something.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2014 at 4:27pm
btw I have a 91-92 gram Virtuoso (OFF-) in SQST I'd be willing to send you for testing if you're interested. 
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2014 at 12:17am

Thanks. I've read some reviews, and it seems the Xiom handles are still on the small side (for large European hands). 

I think I have the answer -- the Yasaka Allround Plus is made in the same factory as the Appelgren Allplay.  Has to be faster than it though.  My buddy is selling one.  I'll ask him to let me rubber it up and give it a go.  

Edited by king_pong - 03/04/2014 at 12:23am
Stiga Infinity VPS (Master): fh/bh - Nittaku Hammond CR max
riker71 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riker71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2014 at 1:48am
Originally posted by king_pong king_pong wrote:

I think I have the answer -- the Yasaka Allround Plus is made in the same factory as the Appelgren Allplay.  Has to be faster than it though.  My buddy is selling one.  I'll ask him to let me rubber it up and give it a go.  

According to OOAK Yasaka ALL+ is 5 Ply Aspen. No Limba/Ayous

http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=7194

Edited by riker71 - 03/04/2014 at 1:52am
Stratus Powerwood
FH T05
BH T25
tabten5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabten5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2014 at 6:33am
Originally posted by the_theologian the_theologian wrote:

btw I have a 91-92 gram Virtuoso (OFF-) in SQST I'd be willing to send you for testing if you're interested. 

That's really kind, but I'm hesitant over 'custom' brands - I have no idea how they play, and have never seen a high-level player use them. They might just be due to market penetration, but it nevertheless makes me nervous.

I really do think there is a gap in the market for one of the 'mainstream' manufacturers to exploit.
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2014 at 9:26am
Originally posted by riker71 riker71 wrote:

Originally posted by king_pong king_pong wrote:

According to OOAK Yasaka ALL+ is 5 Ply Aspen. No Limba/Ayous

http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=7194

That information is definitely false.  I've even held one in my hand and examined it.  Core is definitely Ayous.  Outer ply is definitely Limba (see image from above link).  The medial ply is darker, so I imagine it is a ply of harder dark limba (possibly meranti, but I'm not aware of Yasaka using that wood in other blades). 

Edited by king_pong - 03/04/2014 at 9:50am
Stiga Infinity VPS (Master): fh/bh - Nittaku Hammond CR max
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic