Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Lin Gaoyuan Blade or Ovtcharov  An or FL Handle?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lin Gaoyuan Blade or Ovtcharov An or FL Handle?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Humble Bear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humble Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lin Gaoyuan Blade or Ovtcharov An or FL Handle?
    Posted: 10/19/2021 at 8:06pm
I like my Viscaria, but I don't like the handle where it has a slight concave shape near the top and feels too skinny.  I am thinking about buying a Lin Gaoyuan blade.  I see the picture that the anatoic handle looks pretty nice and it does not have a big flare at the bottom that I like.  Does anyone has the anatomic handle?  How do you like it?  I am trying to decide whether to get the AN or FL handle.

I also saw the Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC Blade and that one seems like another good choice.
ZJK ALC, MJ SZLC, Viscaria
Sponsored Links

amitmnagarwal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amitmnagarwal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2021 at 6:52am
try to shape handle manually by yourself or some expert, very carefully

main thing which matters is the blade surface which will give you lot of success. 

dont compromise on it.
Amit Agarwal

Blade : Michael Maze
FH : T05 max
BH : R47
Humble Bear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humble Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2021 at 11:03am
Originally posted by amitmnagarwal amitmnagarwal wrote:

try to shape handle manually by yourself or some expert, very carefully

main thing which matters is the blade surface which will give you lot of success. 

dont compromise on it.

If the handle is already too skinny, how can you reshape?
ZJK ALC, MJ SZLC, Viscaria
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2021 at 10:34pm
carefully take the handles off and glue a layer of thin wood on each side of the handle where the handles were and then glue the handles back on...or have a blade master maker put new handles on which are thicker then the original

Edited by emihet - 10/20/2021 at 10:35pm
Viscaria, Ma Long 5, Old Clippers, BTY Ovtcharov and Various Custom blades
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2021 at 6:59am
The LGY blade had a more squared FLARED handle than the Viscaria 

The viscaria is on top for a reason as the roundness kinda aides in ROLLING into the ball as you finish your stroke (idk how to explain it). Easier to transition between BH and FH too if you’ve mastered your angles.

LGY blade and other square handles aid in BH stability during blocking and countering. It does LOCK your stroke into place (in my level at least)—  (TB series straight handle, JM straight, and LGY FLARED) kinda makes sense considering they’re backhand oriented players and LGY supposedly uses a BH oriented grip most of the time. 

As I started to hold my racket more loosely, I started to like rounder Flared handles as I feel I could get more spin during openings. 
I am a total Newb. Come at me!
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2021 at 6:59am
LGY is even a skinnier flared btw
Franziska blade is also surprisingly thin (considering a European player)
I am a total Newb. Come at me!
flash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2021 at 3:42am
Originally posted by mon22 mon22 wrote:

The LGY blade had a more squared FLARED handle than the Viscaria 

The viscaria is on top for a reason as the roundness kinda aides in ROLLING into the ball as you finish your stroke (idk how to explain it). Easier to transition between BH and FH too if you’ve mastered your angles.

LGY blade and other square handles aid in BH stability during blocking and countering. It does LOCK your stroke into place (in my level at least)—  (TB series straight handle, JM straight, and LGY FLARED) kinda makes sense considering they’re backhand oriented players and LGY supposedly uses a BH oriented grip most of the time. 

As I started to hold my racket more loosely, I started to like rounder Flared handles as I feel I could get more spin during openings. 

Totally agree...that it is why I renounced at my LGY even though it is a fain blade...the shape of the handle...I could not switch fat enough from on side to another...
Viscaria, FL

T05 hard, 2,1 mm, black, fh
T05 hard, 2,1 mm, red, bh.
andzejgolot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2021 at 10:44pm
dont waste your money
Add tape
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic