Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Long Pimples, defensive equipment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
redbull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redbull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Long Pimples, defensive equipment
    Posted: 01/19/2008 at 12:49pm
Today changed my whole view about table tennis...
What do you think about long pips rubber ... defensive equipment?

Played today with a 66 year old man, his paddle consists of:
1)some pimples out rubber (tibhar to my mind) that is not quite attached to the blade (has some air spaces between the blade and the rubber),
2) some donic of 1 mm thickness,
3)the blade is some tibhar made in Korea.

Of all the people who play in that club (IDM) , there are only two players whom he (probably) can not beat (they are some very serious coaches), among the others there are also league and super league players and lots of players who play very frequently. I played with him and he beat me 11 to 1 (he hit the net once).
He kind of plays holding the paddle vertically and playing just with the backhand(rotating the paddle and changing the part he plays with).
Today I first heard that dr Neubauer , who plays with defensive equipment was 5 times world champion

Some analysis:
It's not quite fair cause table tennis has been developed more in the offensive part, and there are lots more of offensive than defensive players, and there are some defensive players in the top 30; if more defensive players would be trained, wouldn't there be more of them among the top players?

Tell me if i'm mistaking somewhere.

Good Luck!
Sponsored Links

speed_king View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speed_king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2008 at 1:09pm
I understand you redbull. I meet DR Neubauer and he is for def table tennis genius for me. I am offensive player but I respect def player too much (also my father who is my coach is also deffensive player)! In Serbian super liga there are def players which is one of the bests players in liga. Your super liga is probably stronger, I see many Romanian player and I think that Romania is one of the best school for table tennis in Europe after Sweden! But I dont see def Romanian player never. Table tennis is not killing sport which containst only crazy pure offence whithout felling. Table tennis is art which containst off art and def art. Both these has some weakness!
redbull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redbull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2008 at 4:33pm
I'm proud to hear that, but why do you think Romania is 2nd in Europe as a table tennis school? What about Germany?
Blade: Donic Waldner Dicon

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speed_king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2008 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by redbull redbull wrote:

I'm proud to hear that, but why do you think Romania is 2nd in Europe as a table tennis school? What about Germany?
Germans only trains alot. They are robots (too fast on theirs legs). Only Germans player that I respect and like is Timo Boll! Romania has beauty in her play. I see in European Championship in Belgrade Romanian players: Ciotti, Filimon, Crisan. They maybe dont have very fast legs, but they have technic. Simpli they play beautiful. They have FH and BH strokes. German technic is nothing compare to Romanian technic except Timo Boll who play like Chinese players. He is fast and mental strong.
PingPangQiu View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPangQiu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2008 at 6:58pm

Speed king is a very high ranked player

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speed_king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2008 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by PingPangQiu PingPangQiu wrote:

How you know that?
dimitris View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dimitris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2008 at 7:54pm

Some analysis:
It's not quite fair cause table tennis has been developed more in the offensive part, and there are lots more of offensive than defensive players, and there are some defensive players in the top 30; if more defensive players would be trained, wouldn't there be more of them among the top players?

Maybe not, because then the offensive players would get more practice against defensive players and the tricks of LPs...
Darker Tanpan, fh 729 higher 2.0mm, bh 729 geospin 2.0mm

My for sale thread
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2008 at 8:23pm
i like the way crisan plays, very compact strokes, good for close to the table attack.
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

Kupus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kupus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2008 at 8:36pm
Ha ha yes this old folks can be tricky, actualy that thing with his pimples not being glued properly to the blade is also a trick this guys do(some old deffensive guy told me that he does it), but also it is ilegal, i dont know if you knew but there is something that is called illegal pimple tunning, these guys will come up with anything to screw with off players:))). Basicaly they put their pimples in the owen, and they bake it a for a while, then they take that deformed thing and glue it to the blade all messed up, now iv heard that they even cut the pimples, also iv heard they even put acids on their rubbers or something.....not sure maybe speedking knows since his father is deffensive player maybe he has some expirience with this!?Also i would like to stress this is not for pro tabletennis its only done in amateur leagues!At least i hope so:)
TSP Cito Fitter OFF AN
FH Skyline TG3 2.15 + CTE
BH Speedy spin max + CTE
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2008 at 9:41pm
Wow, but anything to win I guess...
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
stephen chung View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephen chung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2008 at 1:59am
in Singapore is the same thing with senior citizen players that use long pimples. I thought is only rumors that people actually do those stuff like not gluing in the middle cutting the pimples so that they are more whoppbly..Until one day I was in the shop changing my rubber and 1 older player came in and ask to replace his Long pimple rubber. he purposely ask the shop people not to glue in the middle. 
Blade: Butterfly Custom made 1ply Hinoki 10mm
Rubber: Bryce Hard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPangQiu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2008 at 2:05am
Originally posted by speed_king speed_king wrote:

How you know that?
Your knowledge is beyond imagination.
redbull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redbull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2008 at 11:35am
I like your point of view, Speed King!

PingPangQiu, chinese people are very subtle, aren't they?.

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speed_king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2008 at 1:14pm
SmileThanks redbullSmile

Kupus, yes I see in Serbia that def players put their long pimples in fridge. They say that frozen long pimple give more tricks!

See you all guys later. I have training!
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speed_king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2008 at 1:18pm

Originally posted by speed_king speed_king wrote:

How you know that?
Your knowledge is beyond imagination.

LOLHa,  haLOL
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPangQiu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2008 at 4:21pm
You must be trained since you were young
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speed_king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2008 at 5:41am

You must be trained since you were young
I be trained that my school be in the 1st place, and table tennis on 2nd. I play table tennis for fun, not to be in top 100 in the world! How you be trained PingPangQiu?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPangQiu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2008 at 5:47am
Recreation+club play only
redbull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redbull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2008 at 11:42am
Kupus, Stephen Chung, this old man I saw playing also had the long pimpled rubber not glued in the middle

redbull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redbull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2008 at 2:05pm
PingPangQiu, I think that you are a very good player and can beat a lot of great players from this forum, despite the thing that ping pong is a recreational activity for you , beacause: the old man I was recently talking about told me that some players(who played in the league, or super-league) from Romania made a trip to China, and wanted to show off with their playing "abilities", one of them played with the cook from the canteen they were eating at, and got beaten by the cook.   

dimitris View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dimitris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2008 at 5:00pm

PingPangQiu, I think that you are a very good player and can beat a lot of great players from this forum, despite the thing that ping pong is a recreational activity for you , beacause: the old man I was recently talking about told me that some players(who played in the league, or super-league) from Romania made a trip to China, and wanted to show off with their playing "abilities", one of them played with the cook from the canteen they were eating at, and got beaten by the cook.   

I think I have seen that movie too! LOL
Darker Tanpan, fh 729 higher 2.0mm, bh 729 geospin 2.0mm

My for sale thread
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic