Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Ma Long vs Bojan Tokic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ZJKandMLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZJKandMLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ma Long vs Bojan Tokic
    Posted: 05/11/2011 at 2:39pm
For those ML fans out there that are just like me, I'm sure you thought it'd be breeze for ML to get into the quarter-semi finals.  

I absolutely love ML, i think he has the best technical skill and also I think he's going to win this year's WTTC singles crown.

Unfortunately, i might not live to see ML play anymore because i feel like im dying of heart attack like symptoms after watching this match:

or the youtube shortened version: 

WHO IN THE WORLD IS THIS BOJAN TOKIC GUY.  HE PLAYS LIKE HES TOP 5 IN THE WORLD and although many of you may think that this match was close because ML played poorly, He actually played AMAZING. 

A MUST WATCH MATCH.

Tell me what you think about the videos

Blade: Photino
FH: Donic Acuda S1, MAX
BH: Tenergy 64, MAX
Sponsored Links

Mdman View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2011 at 2:46pm
Yes I also think Bojan played a great game, it was really amazing. He has perfect backhand and great speed and good technique .
I think very soon he will reach the top 20 in the world.
I am wondering what blade and rubbers he is using???
melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2011 at 2:50pm
Gooo Bojan, Balkans are with you !
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2011 at 2:51pm
the ma long battle cry at the end of game 2 is EPIC. Like a Lion. Well, after the second to last point.

amazing match.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZJKandMLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2011 at 2:55pm
i have never seen ML so focused and motivated to win a match.

for blade and rubbers, im not sure.  he has VERY good backhand
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2011 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Mdman Mdman wrote:

Yes I also think Bojan played a great game, it was really amazing. He has perfect backhand and great speed and good technique .
I think very soon he will reach the top 20 in the world.
I am wondering what blade and rubbers he is using???

Tokic uses Stratus Carbon from Tibhar + T05 both sides.
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2011 at 3:03pm
This is nothing new.  Top players are always tested by lower-ranked players in the early rounds ex. 2005 Ma Lin vs. Petr Korbel; Liu Guozheng vs. Slobodan Grujic.  Even further back 1993 Gatien vs. Kim Song Hui Rd of 16 and Podpinka in the QF.  Gatien would of course end up winning it all.  The key is to weather the storm and get through the round.  It's actually good for some of these top guys because it serves as a wake-up call.
Vladovich View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2011 at 3:12pm
Liu Guoliang would say: it is not important how good you play on your best days, but how bad can you play on your worst days. 
Tokic played great today, but he took only two games, Kenta played great against Ma Lin on the last WTTC, and we had topic similar to this about him at that moment, but now he lost in the first round, and Ma Lin is still there. 

It is easy to play when you now that you have nothing to lose like Tokic against Ma Long, but your real strength shows up when you play against player of similar rank. Or when you play against someone who is lower ranked than you and then you have to prove that you are better in the match.
Tibhar Defense Plus

FH: Joola Phenix

BH: Dr. Neubauer Bison 1.5mm

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be…unnatural."
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2011 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by ZJKandMLfan ZJKandMLfan wrote:

For those ML fans out there that are just like me, I'm sure you thought it'd be breeze for ML to get into the quarter-semi finals.  

I absolutely love ML, i think he has the best technical skill and also I think he's going to win this year's WTTC singles crown.

Unfortunately, i might not live to see ML play anymore because i feel like im dying of heart attack like symptoms after watching this match:

or the youtube shortened version: 

WHO IN THE WORLD IS THIS BOJAN TOKIC GUY.  HE PLAYS LIKE HES TOP 5 IN THE WORLD and although many of you may think that this match was close because ML played poorly, He actually played AMAZING. 

A MUST WATCH MATCH.

Tell me what you think about the videos

Thanks for posting the match in entirity, I was wondering if anyone has the full match between Ma Long and Tokic that is available for download?
bonggoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonggoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2011 at 3:25pm
TOKIC reminds me of Kreanga with a much better forehand.
liberty.sky View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liberty.sky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2011 at 4:10pm
tokic isn't actually comparable to ma long. the reason why he had so much trouble vs tokic is because tokic's racket speed is slow and ma long's technique has a higher mix of hit vs brush in his loop.
ma long was hesitating early in the match during his shots because the ball didn't rebound as quickly or as far to the baseline as expected. he missed some and was caught off guard for others.
towards the end of the match, he became used to it.
if you watch ma long vs kenta matsudaira - same thing. he has trouble vs kenta's light but spinny shots.

tokic's slower blade also allowed him to control ma long's attacks better much like kenta using thinner t05 rubbers.

ma long plays best vs ppl with hard topspin loops. among chinese players, they tend to do that.

if tokic vs timo boll, i'm sure timo would dominate him in a match as that style of play is more prevalent in european play.

Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
Xiom Vega Pro / Tenergy 64
USATT 2052
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2011 at 4:12pm
Bojan played amazingly well - I didn't expect that from him. Even if he lost to a future champion (likely) or medalist (almost surely), he can be proud of his game there.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2011 at 4:20pm
Looks like Ma Long forgot to tune his rubbers....

Look at that rally at the end of the 2nd game, his shots were all spin and no power, all landing short on Tokic's side of the table.

Maybe Ma Long is using Tenergy on fh now. LOL

racquetsforsale View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racquetsforsale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2011 at 4:21pm
I wonder what the expectations of the Chinese coaching staff are. How much of an edge do they expect their players to have over the rest of the world. Do they expect dominating victories won with flying colors or is it good enough just to win in the end, no matter how close the matches were.
riker71 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riker71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2011 at 4:23pm
Great match, the sort of match that makes a World TT so worthwhile
Stratus Powerwood
FH T05
BH T25
AlexB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlexB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2011 at 4:49pm
I agree, this match was superb and at one point I thought magic would happen, but...
Alex
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2011 at 5:06pm
lmao he wanted to moon ma long after game two lmao

"Eat butt!"

Edited by mon22 - 05/11/2011 at 5:07pm
I am a total Newb. Come at me!
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2011 at 5:20pm
upsets can always happen. i remember when karakasevic beats liu guoliang in manchester 1997.

at certain point and level a guy can peak and win.
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2011 at 6:13pm
Almost had a heart attack while watching that match!!
Member of Wang Hao fan club.

Hurricane Hao III
FH: Thors
RPB: Omega Pro
Dont Chop MeNow View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dont Chop MeNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2011 at 6:58pm
I'm in the middle of watching this right now. Got some tea and some snacks and I am having a blast. Great match so far. Thanks to ZJKandMLfan for the post. 
Invincibility lies in the Defense, the possibility of victory lies in the Attack.
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2011 at 7:25pm
Tokic just didn't have the consistency of his play to beat Ma Long, cooled down after the 3rd game and made just a bit too many unforced errors. Ma Long regrouped and stepped up the pace after the 3rd game. Ma Long, on the other hand was clearly not thinking properly when he went through the game. Too little variation in his serve and serve returns, which he's certainly capable of. He just serves pendulum to the middle-FH side of the table, which allowed Tokic to receive his serves with ease. And his FH push is way too predictable for Tokic, too little short game and wide-angle shots. Zhang Jike and Ma Lin is better than Ma Long in this respect....
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
ninglei23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninglei23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2011 at 8:17pm
A new star is born!tokic played great with those BH he is unstoppable
Yinhe V-14
FH:Xiom Vega Pro
BH:Donic Baracuda
lu1648 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lu1648 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2011 at 8:51pm
both of them played amazingly! they put up a great fight till the end of the game. the timing and of-bounce shots of tokic reminds me of chen qi who gave some problem to ma long... very few players have faster FH shots than ma long imo. hopefully tokic's game will improve and he'll join the top 10 soon. 

now i think ma long has a shot in winning the championship coz he got over such a big obstacle. he's gonna be unstoppable! on the other hand, wang hao seems to play a bit less aggressive game and stays on the safe/strategic side. it'll be interesting to see how wang hao plays against ma long now. i wonder how wang hao would respond to ma long's fighting in a game...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZJKandMLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2011 at 10:20pm
no problem guys.  my pleasure posting the video.  

its always interesting seeing all the different opinions on the match.  

after the secnod set, i honsetly thought for a minute that the way tokic was playing, he cud beat ML.  ML was playing amazing tho and it looks like after a long term of injuries and mental problems, he has finally regained his dominance.

i thought bojan had a GREAT fh and a very surprising bh
qynthnghm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qynthnghm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2011 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by Dont Chop MeNow Dont Chop MeNow wrote:

I'm in the middle of watching this right now. Got some tea and some snacks and I am having a blast. Great match so far. Thanks to ZJKandMLfan for the post. 

kekeke. Thumbs Up
qynthnghm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qynthnghm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2011 at 11:45pm
I know after Tokic messed up that serve, Ma Long was like, "Thank god! Choolaaay!" Or maybe I was the one who said that aloud. I was on edge the entire match.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZJKandMLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2011 at 5:51pm
LOL ur not alone^^
lu1648 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lu1648 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2011 at 7:26pm
ma long is definitely on fire... he just totally destroyed Oh Sang Eun today
lu1648 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lu1648 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2011 at 7:27pm
i wonder how ma long would play against ma lin... ma lin seems to put in some determination with that new hair cut he got...
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2011 at 9:06pm
OMG!   I had heard that there was a good match between the two, but I didn't know it was THAT good! Smile
Tokic was on fire!  Those backhands!!  I hope he goes far in his future.  It's fun to see someone press the Chinese (other than other Chinese! LOL)
Big up and thanks for the post! Smile

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic