FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

MagicEraser/clean balls, rubbers + spread glue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pete73 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MagicEraser/clean balls, rubbers + spread glue
    Posted: 11/27/2019 at 1:44am

I bought these Magic Eraser sheets and found different uses for table tennis. They are thin, flexible, soft and are made of melamine foam (an organic base in the form of white crystals and there are no harsh chemicals added). They are more dense than average cleaning sponges and its tiny pores (micro scrubbers) give them a higher level of friction. You can use it to scrub off sticky dirt and scum from all kinds of surfaces.

It's a 3 in 1.

1-Remove white powder on new balls

To remove white powder on new balls: wet a Magic Eraser sheet with water and squeeze. Then rub the balls on it and let dry. The results are: no more white powder spots on rubbers and no more white powder accumulated in robots.

2-Clean old rubbers

To clean old rubbers: wet a Magic Eraser sheet with water and squeeze. Then rub it on your old rubbers. It’s removing all the accumulated dust and grease.

3-Spread glue

To spread the glue on the sponge and the blade: cut one Magic Eraser sheet in 12 pieces (1 X 1.75 in). Fold it in half and hold it with a paper clip. It’s easy to spread the glue evenly because it’s soft and flexible.

Each sheet is 5.8 X 3.5 X .03 in and available in 8 or 16 sheets.

Available at Home Depot, Walmart, etc. ($3.00 for 8 sheets)

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Mr-Clean-Magic-Eraser-Sheets-8-Count-003700090656/309822931

Sponsored Links

WingTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WingTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2019 at 5:48am
Magic Eraser is an abrasive. Think of it as a fine plastic sandpaper. While it may work great for cleaning ball dust, I'd hesitate to use it on rubbers like tacky Chinese rubbers since it could change it's tackiness by abrading the top layer. Dust and grease can be cleaned simply by using a drop of clear liquid soap and wiping with wet sponge, rinsing the sponge with water and repeating and dried with a microfiber covered sponge or similar.

I would also not use it to spread glue as it's probably more economical to get foam sponge from the upholstery section and cut it into strips then smaller pieces or using a reusable silicone brush.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2019 at 7:59am
very nice idea! like tearmender to glue or or the weather strip to protect the edges of a paddle, I enjoy those money saving tricks a lot. I'll try this for sure! thanks for sharing.
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2019 at 12:46pm
waste your money.
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2019 at 8:15pm
I just use dollar store microfiber sponge
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic