Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mark V vs Sriver EL

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mark V vs Sriver EL
    Posted: 07/22/2007 at 2:57am
Hi all
I'm planning to change my FH from Mark V to Sriver EL. I know mark v is hard sponge and sriver El is medium hard sponge,but control and spin are more with Sriver EL( even if it is speed glued)....Well i think so, please advice me wheather i am right or not......

and also i have a little bit long looping action. Would there be any adjustment required in my FH actions if change rubber?
Is sriver el is a sbstitute for Mark V ?
Thank you

Sponsored Links

ProfessorChaos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProfessorChaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2007 at 4:24am
Mark V??? is not hard sponge....med soft if anything.  I think original Sriver is a better choice.

Yasaka Max Carbon 3D FL
Desto F1 Max
Sriver FX Max
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2007 at 9:18am
If you play close to the table, then try using a more compact shot to loop and hit off the bounce with Mark V.

If you stand back and play mid distance, then your long looping action would benefit from using Sriver EL. It's slower than Mark V, but has good spin and control. The only catch is you can't play the pressure game with EL away from the table, as effectively as you can with Mk V close to it.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic