FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Most Linear Setup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
shahdul View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahdul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Most Linear Setup
    Posted: 12/20/2023 at 11:27pm
Hello everybody,

I hope all of you are having a pleasant day. I just had one question I wanted to ask: what is the most linear setup I can get? by linear I mean my input being directly related to the output (one unit input = one unit output). At the moment I am playing with an Innerforce layer ALC, h3 neo provincial FH, tenergy 05 BH. My current setup is too unpredictable for me and I have grown tired of my equipment (the tenergy in this case) not obeying my input. I want to try an allwood most likely so I could correct my technique.  
Sponsored Links

anubhav1984 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2023 at 12:54am
Originally posted by shahdul shahdul wrote:

Hello everybody,

I hope all of you are having a pleasant day. I just had one question I wanted to ask: what is the most linear setup I can get? by linear I mean my input being directly related to the output (one unit input = one unit output). At the moment I am playing with an Innerforce layer ALC, h3 neo provincial FH, tenergy 05 BH. My current setup is too unpredictable for me and I have grown tired of my equipment (the tenergy in this case) not obeying my input. I want to try an allwood most likely so I could correct my technique.  

All wood is definitely a good bet. If you want to stick with carbon then I would recommend paddle palace' own brand, hunter, apex Ac. It is an ALC that has a pretty controlled and linear response, unlike other alcs on the market. I purchased one recently and absolutely love it for that quality. 

I think the major difference though would be imparted through the rubbers. I think Hurricane is fine on fh. Try switching over to something slower on the bh. Try a rozena perhaps. It is easily controllable and has an almost linear response.

Innerforce layer alcs are pretty linear imo but it also depends a bit on the weight. I enjoyed my harimoto quite a lot and it was a 90 gms blade and was very linear in response until a power threshold. Once you crossed that threshold then it started becoming a bit non linear but for the better for my game tbh.
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
shahdul View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahdul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2023 at 1:05am

Edited by shahdul - 12/21/2023 at 1:09am
shahdul View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahdul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2023 at 1:08am
I see. before this setup I played with a garaydia t5000 with tenergy 05 on both sides. That was incredibly fast for me. So I changed to this setup (innerforce) and to my dismay, this is even more uncontrollable for me. One of the people whom I play with told me that the most linear blade I could get is a sanwei fextra or a Nittaku SKC. And he told me to go neo on both sides. What are your opinions on this? 
anubhav1984 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2023 at 1:49am
Originally posted by shahdul shahdul wrote:

I see. before this setup I played with a garaydia t5000 with tenergy 05 on both sides. That was incredibly fast for me. So I changed to this setup (innerforce) and to my dismay, this is even more uncontrollable for me. One of the people whom I play with told me that the most linear blade I could get is a sanwei fextra or a Nittaku SKC. And he told me to go neo on both sides. What are your opinions on this? 

Garaydia is super fast for sure. Good riddance is what I would say for that one. 

I haven't played with sanwei fextra or nittaku skc to give an opinion but I have definitely always heard great things about sanwei fextra. So it can be a good option to try. 

I was just suggesting what I had already tried and tested. 

Neo on the bh might take a bit of adjusting to as it definitely feels like a different rubber on bh. You would need to get the softer version too. But yeah, I can totally see that working out.

If you are in the seattle area, I can lend you my hunter apex ac blade to try out and you can decide that ways too. 
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
shahdul View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahdul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2023 at 9:53am
That's very kind of you. Unfortunately I'm not in the seattle area. I'm in Dallas. 
Omut View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Omut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2023 at 11:06am
I do not suggest to seek and buy the most ...anything... setup. And do not buy rubbers for the blade or blades for the rubbers. Try to understand your own playing style and what kind of equipment do players of this style prefer. It is naive to catch someone's online advice and become happy forever.

Some players benefit from fast equipment for their super aggressive playing style. Some players prefer super spiny combo for spin manipulation. Some prefer very controllable but toothless equipment to return as many balls as possible.

I personally like fast FH but have found that common ALC blades perform badly in my hands because of catapult. I also do not play well with Chinese and hybrid rubbers. And my BH is MP, nor LP, nor SP do not fit me. These personal solutions did not appear as insight but gathered together through many years of experiments. And I try something new one or two times a year. Most of new trials are complete waste of time and money.

shahdul View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahdul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2023 at 12:28pm
I understand what you're saying and I agree that a player should not place a heavy emphasis on equipment. Its just that I have only now figured out that I want something linear, that can obey my input alone. I have no problem generating enough speed or spin, I just want it to be directly proportional to my input. 
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2023 at 2:55pm
Check out the Clipper, or Xiom Solo. They are mildly stiff but fairly soft and mild mannered, being 7 ply they don't flex as much as thinner 5 ply woods or inner carbons so they don't snap/catapult the ball as aggressively as blades with more flex, but the base speed is much less than thick carbon blades like Garaydia/Primorac Carbon.
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2023 at 4:51am
I can confirm for Stiga Clipper Wood (ordinary Clipper, no WRB, no CR, etc.) being linear, especially with sticky Chinese rubbers.  I don't say it's slow though, it is medium fast, but with speed that is very linear, unless you unleash your full power (full swing) then there will be a slight flex that help catapulting the ball.   Otherwise, it is linear IMHO.

For flexy 5-ply blade, yes it is catapulting, even at medium speed due to the flexibility of the blade.  Some people like it, some people don't.
Blade : Just wood
FH : black rubber
BH : red rubber
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic