FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

MX-K Review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Romanlo3 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Romanlo3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MX-K Review
    Posted: 01/22/2020 at 3:54am
MX-K - First Impressions.

I got the rubbers from Dream1700 who won them in Nexy's lottery here on this forum.

I will be comparing MX-K with MX-P both in Xiom Stradivarius (both in 2 mm thickness). The setup weights 180 g.  

If a ball is dropped on the paddle, the bounce dampens quicker on MX-K than on MX-P side. 
When bouncing I can feel both the rubber and the blade on MX-K side, but mostly the rubber on the MX-P side.

MX-P has harder sponge if squeezed.

During play I see that moisture collects quicker on MX-K side, wiping the rubber restores the grip.

I gave the paddle to a master who is #70 in Russia (2600+ USATT equivalent probably). He played with it for 10-15 min. 
His comment was that he could not really feel MX-K just the blade because the rubber was too feather-like. 
He was more approving of MX-P and characterized the setup as OFF-. He plays with Mizutani ZLC D05/T05.

I myself really liked MX-K on BH. Will report more later.

Here is some info about myself. I played TT when 10 - 17 y.o. reaching 2100-2200 USATT equivalent. Since, mostly, I either played sporadically or not at all for many years. 
The previous comeback was in 2013 traning for 6 months. Most recently, I got back into training in 2018 again. I am 40+ now.
Roman L
Sponsored Links

fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2020 at 6:20am
Can anyone play with 180g racket??? :)
729 Green Goblin 5, FH: 729 Battle II National H39, BH: Palio HK1997 Gold.
DHS Long 5, FH: 729 Battle II Gold H40, BH: Nittaku C1
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic